Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:Sux.

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still
Cut the darn spending!!!!
Its the first proposal, the final if they ever get to one will look nothing like it. I also don't think it takes into affect the tax law changes increasing the receipts along with the humming economy
How often does congress ever pass a budget lower than what the President proposes?

The president proposes a budget filled to the brim with pork. Then each congressperson adds some more pork for their own district. The final product has far more than the President asked for. That's the way it works.
"Pork" is white noise in the budget. It makes for great talking points but it has no real bearing in the grand scheme of things.
My general response is that if someone starts off by tightening the purse strings and cutting pork, then they have a leg to stand on when it comes to cutting entitlements.
133743Hokie

Re: The budget

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still
Its the first proposal, the final if they ever get to one will look nothing like it. I also don't think it takes into affect the tax law changes increasing the receipts along with the humming economy
How often does congress ever pass a budget lower than what the President proposes?

The president proposes a budget filled to the brim with pork. Then each congressperson adds some more pork for their own district. The final product has far more than the President asked for. That's the way it works.
"Pork" is white noise in the budget. It makes for great talking points but it has no real bearing in the grand scheme of things.
My general response is that if someone starts off by tightening the purse strings and cutting pork, then they have a leg to stand on when it comes to cutting entitlements.
Meh, two different animals. Unrelated
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

HokieHam wrote:

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still
Yes it does.......I agree with Rand. The Pubs look like a bunch of hypocrites. Cut spending. Make the military streamline. Cut all the free shiRt.
Correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

TheH2 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still
Yes it does.......I agree with Rand. The Pubs look like are a bunch of hypocrites. Cut spending. Make the military streamline. Cut all the free shiRt.
FTFY

Quite simply, the Democrats have no room to talk about fiscal responsibility. None. They love, hell they worship, taxation and deficit spending as much the Republicans. They both have F'd up priorities. The Dems are just more F'd up.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieJoe wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still
Yes it does.......I agree with Rand. The Pubs look like are a bunch of hypocrites. Cut spending. Make the military streamline. Cut all the free shiRt.
FTFY

Quite simply, the Democrats have no room to talk about fiscal responsibility. None. They love, hell they worship, taxation and deficit spending as much the Republicans. They both have F'd up priorities. The Dems are just more F'd up.

Yep. Them busting out the calls of hypocrisy is laughable. They doubled the debt to 20 trillion, they're throwing stones from their glass house. More like a fine porcelain house that breaks with moderate vibrations, barely a structure at all. It's just a talking point, delivered with their usual comical lack of self awareness. Like the metoo movement, after Standing With Her and all of that. They're clowns.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still
FTFY

Yep. Them busting out the calls of hypocrisy is laughable. They doubled the debt to 20 trillion, they're throwing stones from their glass house. More like a fine porcelain house that breaks with moderate vibrations, barely a structure at all. It's just a talking point, delivered with their usual comical lack of self awareness. Like the metoo movement, after Standing With Her and all of that. They're clowns.
Simple question. Do you care about continuing to increase the debt, or is it only important relative to what Obama did? The deficit for the past several years has been between $500B and $600B, the years after the sequester. Last year, it climbed to about $700B, and 2018 is going to be close to $1T.
Sure, Dems have no room to complain about the debt after what Obama did, but how can conservatives be OK with $1T in debt after bitching about Obama?

Both can be hypocritical.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still
FTFY

Simple question. Do you care about continuing to increase the debt, or is it only important relative to what Obama did? The deficit for the past several years has been between $500B and $600B, the years after the sequester. Last year, it climbed to about $700B, and 2018 is going to be close to $1T.
Sure, Dems have no room to complain about the debt after what Obama did, but how can conservatives be OK with $1T in debt after bitching about Obama?

I'm not sure why you keep harping on the canard of conservatives being ok with this increase. I haven't seen any conservatives here be ok with, haven't seen any of the talking heads. Just you liberals playing gotcha over making a deal with the democrats to keep the government operating. Even Trump's budget guy has slammed it and try to claim it's a max they can spend and can still direct the government to actually spend less. Where is this support you keep referring to? I don't see anyone really happy with it from us on the right.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
HokieHam wrote: Yes it does.......I agree with Rand. The Pubs look like are a bunch of hypocrites. Cut spending. Make the military streamline. Cut all the free shiRt.
FTFY

I'm not sure why you keep harping on the canard of conservatives being ok with this increase. I haven't seen any conservatives here be ok with, haven't seen any of the talking heads. Just you liberals playing gotcha over making a deal with the democrats to keep the government operating. Even Trump's budget guy has slammed it and try to claim it's a max they can spend and can still direct the government to actually spend less. Where is this support you keep referring to? I don't see anyone really happy with it from us on the right.
Fair enough, but who on here supported the deficits under Obama. Maybe ip did, but other than that???
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:Fair enough, but who on here supported the deficits under Obama. Maybe ip did, but other than that???

The Keynesian celebrated them as the correct response. Liberals always explain their massive spending as a call to jack taxes.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:Fair enough, but who on here supported the deficits under Obama. Maybe ip did, but other than that???

The Keynesian celebrated them as the correct response. Liberals always explain their massive spending as a call to jack taxes.
I don't remember who the Keynesians on this board are. H2? fatman? I do think the stimulus was warranted, but managed hideously. But, after the economy started the recovery, should have been quicker to reduce deficits. I'm all for another long sequester. I don't see any negative impact from the last one.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

I don't remember who the Keynesians on this board are. H2? fatman? I do think the stimulus was warranted, but managed hideously. But, after the economy started the recovery, should have been quicker to reduce deficits. I'm all for another long sequester. I don't see any negative impact from the last one.
That was your first mistake. To believe the government could EVER manage the distribution of that money efficiently in ANY way is absolutely foolish.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
TheH2 wrote: FTFY

Fair enough, but who on here supported the deficits under Obama. Maybe ip did, but other than that???
Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

History should not be forgotten. Yearly boosts to spending due to adverse economic conditions are effective. The biggest bang for the buck came from automatic stabilizers. Spending to repair and improve infrastructure when interest rates are low is fiscally conservative.
People who know, know.