Charged with "abuse?"

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Charged with "abuse?"

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

I wish Goodell had the stones to "abuse" NFL players like this.

===================================

Teacher Charged With Child Abuse, Allegedly Forced Boy To Stand For Pledge Of Allegiance
February 13, 2018 at 11:59 pm

LAFAYETTE, Colo. (CBS4) – A Boulder Valley School District teacher now faces child abuse and assault charges for allegedly forcing a child to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance.

Karen Smith, a physical education teacher at Angevine Middle School in Lafayette, was placed on leave earlier this month.
karen smith from lafayette pd Teacher Charged With Child Abuse, Allegedly Forced Boy To Stand For Pledge Of Allegiance

Police say on Feb. 1, Smith grabbed a boy by his jacket, lifting him to his feet, and took him out of class.

A parent waiting to pick her child up at Angevine recently told CBS4 that her daughter knows Smith as a “strict” teacher but has never had an issue.

The school district released a new letter which was sent to parents on Tuesday:

Boulder Valley School District Statement

Today we learned that the Boulder County District Attorney’s office has formally charged Angevine Middle School Physical Education Teacher Karen Smith. Ms. Smith has served Boulder Valley School District for 20 years and is currently on paid administrative leave.

We are cooperating with the District Attorney’s Office and respect their decision on this matter. We are unable to comment further because it remains a personnel matter that the school district is actively investigating.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/02/13/c ... e-teacher/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Charged with "abuse?"

Post by nolanvt »

Teachers shouldn’t forcibly grab children because of their refusal to stand for the Pledge. Not seeing the issue here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
133743Hokie

Re: Charged with

Post by 133743Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:Teachers shouldn’t forcibly grab children because of their refusal to stand for the Pledge. Not seeing the issue here.

If the teacher tells a student to do something, then they should do it. No question. No mouthiness. Respect your elders and your teachers. Disintegration of society 101 and lack of respect for authority.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Teachers shouldn’t forcibly grab children because of their refusal to stand for the Pledge. Not seeing the issue here.

If the teacher tells a student to do something, then they should do it. No question. No mouthiness. Respect your elders and your teachers. Disintegration of society 101 and lack of respect for authority.
When the teacher is acting appropriately, I agree. That wasn’t the case here.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Poor Nolan, wasn't spanked enough growing up.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Nah. My parents spanked me when I acted up. I don’t have a problem with parents spanking their kids when they act up.

That being said, teachers shouldn’t grab students simply because they didn’t stand for the pledge.

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

No, they should tell the little shits to bend over to get their ass paddled. Crap like this is why our public school system sucks. Lawyers are self-serving parasites.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Nah. My parents spanked me when I acted up. I don’t have a problem with parents spanking their kids when they act up.

That being said, teachers shouldn’t grab students simply because they didn’t stand for the pledge.

You're right. The kid should've been sent to the principal to take a paddling.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HokieJoe wrote:

No, they should tell the little shits to bend over to get their ass paddled. Crap like this is why our public school system sucks. Lawyers are self-serving parasites.
You’re free to have the opinion that not standing for the pledge warrants physical discipline by a teacher. You’re free to be wrong, too.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

You clearly weren't spanked. And yes, the teacher should be able to grab them to stand for the pledge or any other reason the teacher tells them to stand. School isn't a democracy, running it like one creates spoiled nimrods like yourself.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

You clearly weren't spanked. And yes, the teacher should be able to grab them to stand for the pledge or any other reason the teacher tells them to stand. School isn't a democracy, running it like one creates spoiled nimrods like yourself.
[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote: [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

atta boy! You show's dat internet man that you ain't taking nud'n from no berdy!
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote: [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

atta boy! You show's dat internet man that you ain't taking nud'n from no berdy!
I’m sure this makes sense to you.

Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

You’re right. She should have called a code red and let his peers handle the little punk.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

I’m sure this makes sense to you.

It does to everyone with an IQ over 85. Sorry (not sorry) you can't comprehend it.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:You’re right. She should have called a code red and let his peers handle the little punk.

Nah. A lot of kids generally don’t give enough of a a **** and just go through the motions of the pledge, so I doubt many would be so angered to actually want to fight someone over it.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Disagree.
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

And that sums up the problem. A bunch of disrespectful punks that want the freedoms afforded them by others sacrifice, but don’t give two schitts about what made it possible for them to be punks. And I bet there are those students that would kick the crap out of this pussy.
nolanvt wrote:
Mcl3 Hokie wrote:You’re right. She should have called a code red and let his peers handle the little punk.

Nah. A lot of kids generally don’t give enough of a a **** and just go through the motions of the pledge, so I doubt many would be so angered to actually want to fight someone over it.

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Teachers should be able to encourage Anti-American kids to respect our flag while they live here. Period. The real question is why this little shithead won't stand for the flag people died for- that's the real question.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:

Thank god there are people - unlike you, Kaepernick and this little asshole- who are willing to fight for it though. Or else we would all be speaking Japanese-and not free to be a dumbshit anti american on the internet.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

:lol:
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:

Teachers should be able to encourage Anti-American kids to respect our flag while they live here. Period. The real question is why this little shithead won't stand for the flag people died for- that's the real question.
I’m fine with teachers encouraging patriotism.