How does a former student walk into a HS with guns

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
cwtcr hokie

Re: How does a former student walk into a HS with guns

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:Nobody said they're driven by ease of access. That happen more than they would if there weren't such ease of access. I'm not even saying we should change anything. I just wish you guys wouldn't be so obtuse about the notion that if we had more restrictive gun policies, we'd have less of these events. It's a cost of our freedom.
So stop selling anything that looks like an "assault rifle"

A handgun with a clip would have done the same damage, he was not using an automatic weapon, he had to pull the trigger for each shot....same as any handgun
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
Is a semi-automatic rifle an essential liberty in present day America?
The beauty of the constitution is that it doesn't have an expiration date, or was there a footnote after "...shall not be infringed." which I missed?
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.*

*void if Chuck Schumer cries during press conference.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Speed limit freedom results in (a lot more) death. If we had common sense gun laws speed limits (say, 25mph...hard to die in a 25mph crash) think of all the lives which could be saved! And you don't even have a right to drive a car.
Typical liberal partisan my view only response- "Cars serve the greater good, cars are essential to the economy, nobody intends to kill someone by driving 85mph recklessly, cars must be registered and insured in every state. Guns are intended to kill people, that is their only use, thus there is no comparison. also an "assault" rifle can kill a bunch of people at a time, where as a car accident just kills 2-3 people at once. Also car accidents are accidents- like getting killed by an avalanche or aux fire in a Baltimore ghetto- it's an accident. Guns kill people ON PURPOSE".. THAT is who you are arguing with.
And a response like that succeeds in pointing out how poorly thought out their original argument was, moving the debate to something more rational (where they ultimately admit that they don't believe you have a civil right to personal self defense).

wow, you drove BG off the damn rails....he could be our next psycho
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:Nobody said they're driven by ease of access. That happen more than they would if there weren't such ease of access. I'm not even saying we should change anything. I just wish you guys wouldn't be so obtuse about the notion that if we had more restrictive gun policies, we'd have less of these events. It's a cost of our freedom.
So stop selling anything that looks like an "assault rifle"

A handgun with a clip would have done the same damage, he was not using an automatic weapon, he had to pull the trigger for each shot....same as any handgun
Cho killed more. He even had some low capacity ban-era magazines.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Speed limit freedom results in (a lot more) death. If we had common sense gun laws speed limits (say, 25mph...hard to die in a 25mph crash) think of all the lives which could be saved! And you don't even have a right to drive a car.
Typical liberal partisan my view only response- "Cars serve the greater good, cars are essential to the economy, nobody intends to kill someone by driving 85mph recklessly, cars must be registered and insured in every state. Guns are intended to kill people, that is their only use, thus there is no comparison. also an "assault" rifle can kill a bunch of people at a time, where as a car accident just kills 2-3 people at once. Also car accidents are accidents- like getting killed by an avalanche or aux fire in a Baltimore ghetto- it's an accident. Guns kill people ON PURPOSE".. THAT is who you are arguing with.
And a response like that succeeds in pointing out how poorly thought out their original argument was, moving the debate to something more rational (where they ultimately admit that they don't believe you have a civil right to personal self defense).

wow, you drove BG off the damn rails....he could be our next psycho
Let's see if you can manage to type a grammatically correct sentence in 2018. It would be your first you dumb redneck.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:I wonder what his UWS handle was.
Fake news strikes again.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

BG Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
1. Makes emotional argument.
2. Doesn't respond to fact-based response.
3. Calls everyone obtuse.
So it's your opinion that if all semi-automatic guns were banned, that mass shooting casualties would be the same, because people would use bombs and other means?
A glock/Sig/Beretta/HK 9mm and most other handguns are "semi-automatic".. you are arguing for an outright gun ban, just so you know.
Just so you know, I'm not arguing for that. I'm just trying to get the UWS locals to admit that our gun freedom results in death and that it's costly. I don't think I've gotten anyone on this board to admit that.

You should be more worried about this crazy F's who perpetrate the crimes. We should be institutionalizing these people instead of them wandering the damn streets. And to be crystalline, from my perspective, their right to not stay out of a mental facility does not equal or exceed my right to own a firearm. The vast, vast majority of people are not a threat to society.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

HokieJoe wrote:You should be more worried about this crazy F's who perpetrate the crimes. We should be institutionalizing these people instead of them wandering the damn streets. And to be crystalline, from my perspective, their right to not stay out of a mental facility does not equal or exceed my right to own a firearm. The vast, vast majority of people are not a threat to society.
The ACLU waged a successful battle in protecting the rights of people with mental disabilities last year.

Late in the 90's the NY ACLU successfully kept the records of mental patients or with mental disabilities out of the hands of anykind of national database to be used in background checks.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:I wonder what his UWS handle was.
Fake news strikes again.
Hoof will believe any shiRt fed to him by the MoT.......
Oh, and thanks for using the term "fake news". It's a dead giveaway when it comes to spotting idiots.
The most recent incarnation of “Fake News” started with the left. It’s another way Trump is turning your stupid shiRt back on you tards. It’s actually been masterful. It has truly and completely exposed what the so called media is.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HooFighter wrote:
We should make a meme out of you......like the Jordan Peterson/Cathy Newman memes floating around........
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

What a selfless patriot.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:What a selfless patriot.
Good for him. Broke from his routine out of respect.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HooFighter wrote:What a selfless patriot.
Benghazi......Vegas fundraiser one day later. Now THAT is patriotic.

Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

I use this as an example of gun nitwittery"
Rugermini.jpg
Rugermini.jpg (57.06 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
I have a Ruger Mini folks think it cute. :)

I also have a Henry .357Mag/.38 Repeating Rifle. The reaction is "Oh what a cute cowboy rifle" then I blow a hole in a target and hay bail from 50 yards away (.357Mag) and it's like damn Skippy. :mrgreen:

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:I use this as an example of gun nitwittery"
Rugermini.jpg

I also have a Henry .357Mag/.38 Repeating Rifle. The reaction is "Oh what a cute cowboy rifle" then I blow a hole in a target and hay bail from 50 yards away (.357Mag) and it's like damn Skippy. :mrgreen:
My most powerful rifle is probably my Marlin model 1895 in .45/70. For anyone who doesn't know, 1895 is the year it first came out.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

USN_Hokie wrote:My most powerful rifle is probably my Marlin model 1895 in .45/70. For anyone who doesn't know, 1895 is the year it first came out.
I had a Henry .45/70. It was a damn beast...my nephew has it now.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Attachments
8CC86F02-0C93-49E9-B9E0-F99F30A21978.jpeg
8CC86F02-0C93-49E9-B9E0-F99F30A21978.jpeg (67.45 KiB) Viewed 1371 times

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:I use this as an example of gun nitwittery"
Rugermini.jpg

My most powerful rifle is probably my Marlin model 1895 in .45/70. For anyone who doesn't know, 1895 is the year it first came out.

Uh, Yeah. I’d rather be shot by the scary-looking .22!!

:shock: ;) :lol:
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:

Because they're Hitler, they're afraid of a population that can retaliate.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieHam wrote:.
Arming teachers would be a disaster
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

RiverguyVT wrote:Uh, Yeah. I’d rather be shot by the scary-looking .22!!

:shock: ;) :lol:
All things considered I would prefer a BB gun fired from a 100 yards away. :)

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
Makes sense to most Republicans . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
Makes sense to most Republicans . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well ignoramus, you had to disarm them in the 80s and 90s as they've been armed the majority of the time since we created public schools to begin with. But that was another time when we didn't have people like you and Nolan that need instruction to not eat Tide pods.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.