How does a former student walk into a HS with guns

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
cwtcr hokie

How does a former student walk into a HS with guns

Post by cwtcr hokie »

How was he a former student if it started in a class room? 4 of the 17 were killed outside the school, where did this start?

They just reported he used a rifle, BIGGER question, how do you get a rifle into a HS?????
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: How does a former student walk into a HS with guns

Post by HokieHam »

cwtcr hokie wrote:How was he a former student if it started in a class room? 4 of the 17 were killed outside the school, where did this start?

They just reported he used a rifle, BIGGER question, how do you get a rifle into a HS?????
I don’t know......but GUN CONTROL!!!!!!!!!
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

On a more serious note.....it sounds like he had issues...... :shock:
"We were told last year that he wasn’t allowed on campus with a backpack on him," said math teacher Jim Gard, who said the former student suspected in the shootings had been in his class last year. "There were problems with him last year threatening students, and I guess he was asked to leave campus."
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:How was he a former student if it started in a class room? 4 of the 17 were killed outside the school, where did this start?

You serious?
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Only one entrance to school too.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

The suspected shooter is 19 year old Nicolas Jesus Cruz:

Here’s what is known about Cruz now:
*The Miami Herald reports that a teacher at the school said Cruz, 19, had been identified as a potential threat to fellow students in the past. Math teacher Jim Gard told the Herald, “There were problems with him last year threatening students, and I guess he was asked to leave campus.”
*Cruz had been expelled from the school
*The shooting started outside the building, then Cruz went into the shcool and continued shooting
*He had “multiple” magazines of ammunition
*He had an AR-15 weapon
*He had a gas mask and “smoke grenades”
*He pulled the fire alarm as he went into the school and then began shooting
*He had “disturbing” material on social media accounts
*He is 5’8’’ tall
*He has red hair
*He was wearing a maroon shirt and black pants
*He was taken into custody off-campus
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

They knew he was disturbed. Students said they suspected him before they knew. At what point should and can authorities act?

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/c ... 26034.html

Updated 26 minutes ago

He preened with guns and knives on social media, bragged about shooting rats with his BB gun and got kicked out of school — in part because he had brought bullets in his backpack, according to one classmate. He was later expelled for still-undisclosed disciplinary reasons.

The portrait of Nikolas Cruz, suspected of fatally shooting 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland and wounding 15 others at his former school, is a troubled teen with few friends and an obsessive interest in weapons. Administrators considered him enough of a potential threat that one teacher said a warning was emailed last year against allowing him on the campus with a backpack.

“All he would talk about is guns, knives and hunting,” said Joshua Charo, 16, a former classmate at the high school. “I can’t say I was shocked. From past experiences, he seemed like the kind of kid who would do something like this.”
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

This dude was just a plain crazy evil f*ck.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/02 ... olas-cruz/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Techmomof2 wrote:They knew he was disturbed. Students said they suspected him before they knew. At what point should and can authorities act?

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/c ... 26034.html

Updated 26 minutes ago

He preened with guns and knives on social media, bragged about shooting rats with his BB gun and got kicked out of school — in part because he had brought bullets in his backpack, according to one classmate. He was later expelled for still-undisclosed disciplinary reasons.

The portrait of Nikolas Cruz, suspected of fatally shooting 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland and wounding 15 others at his former school, is a troubled teen with few friends and an obsessive interest in weapons. Administrators considered him enough of a potential threat that one teacher said a warning was emailed last year against allowing him on the campus with a backpack.

“All he would talk about is guns, knives and hunting,” said Joshua Charo, 16, a former classmate at the high school. “I can’t say I was shocked. From past experiences, he seemed like the kind of kid who would do something like this.”
It's easy for people to say that after the fact. Much harder to draw that connection in everyday life when no incident has occurred. Hindsight makes us all prescient.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:This dude was just a plain crazy evil f*ck.

Yep. Out of 330 million people in the US, some are just going to be messed up. There is no explanation for it except that those are just the odds of life. You can't try and rationalize it, or wonder where society or family went wrong. The reality is that in a country our size there are going to be some people that are inexplicably messed up. They're walking around every day and you don't know it until they crack.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

According to CNN and social media, the NRA, Trump, and Marco Rubio wanted these kids dead. It's their fault, not the shooter. Mass school shootings only happen when republicans are in office, too.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:

You serious?
No kidding..it's funny how people don't walk into police barrack's, Quantico Marine Base, Camp Jejune, the front door of the Pentagon, Andrews Air Force Base, shooting ranges with loaded AR15's.. it's weird. It's almost like they know nobody else at the school is armed.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

FBI was warned.........

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:

You serious?
the school had at least two uniformed permanent cops on campus, I would assume the doors are locked during the day, not accessible from the outside as I think that is how schools operate these days. But yea, when you attack a defenseless population you are going to take out some people
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:This dude was just a plain crazy evil f*ck.

add to that a depraved individual that had absolutely ZERO regard for human life
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

This stuff rarely happened when us necks had guns in our trucks at school. Zero tolerance is zero sense.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:

Mass school shootings only happen when republicans are in office, too.
That’s not true at all. In fact, these stories don’t really move the needle anymore for me.

Maybe it would be different f I had kids, but I don’t really care anymore. We can expect 5-100 people to die from a mass shooting event every month or so. NBD.

This is all good for the NRA, and 2nd amendment proponents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:This stuff rarely happened when us necks had guns in our trucks at school. Zero tolerance is zero sense.
They also had more people involuntarily committed back then.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

That’s not true at all. In fact, these stories don’t really move the needle anymore for me.

Maybe it would be different f I had kids, but I don’t really care anymore. We can expect 5-100 people to die from a mass shooting event every month or so. NBD.

yes Chicago is a dangerous place for some 17 dead is a weekend or two in chicago.... so far the MSM has not camped out there extolling how bad america is...hmmmm
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

You serious?
No kidding..it's funny how people don't walk into police barrack's, Quantico Marine Base, Camp Jejune, the front door of the Pentagon, Andrews Air Force Base, shooting ranges with loaded AR15's.. it's weird. It's almost like they know nobody else at the school is armed.
Except the person who tried to crash the gate at NSA
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

yes Chicago is a dangerous place for some 17 dead is a weekend or two in chicago.... so far the MSM has not camped out there extolling how bad america is...hmmmm
The two are becoming more similar in my book. 17 dead in inner-city Chicago doesn’t move my needle either. Both should, but they don’t.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

The football coach who shielded some kids died last night. :(
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Do you really think the NRA and the 2nd amendment are why people shoot up schools? Seriously? Do you think the NRA wants kids shot? promotes it? Do you think these serial killers wake up and say.. welp, we have the 2A in America, and that is my license to kill today. No intelligent root cause analysis would get to NRA and 2A in regards to WHY yesterday happened. There is not a fishbone large enough to get there logically.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

You serious?
Except the person who tried to crash the gate at NSA
funny how people will the ability to defend themselves suffered zero damage, schools are great targets, no defenses and concentrated humans
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Do you really think the NRA and the 2nd amendment are why people shoot up schools? Seriously? Do you think the NRA wants kids shot? promotes it? Do you think these serial killers wake up and say.. welp, we have the 2A in America, and that is my license to kill today. No intelligent root cause analysis would get to NRA and 2A in regards to WHY yesterday happened. There is not a fishbone large enough to get there logically.
it is the standard fall back balogney ALL dems are using in congress today, Murder is against the law, don't think the moron shooter was worried about laws or rights