Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:.
Arming teachers would be a disaster
Makes sense to most Republicans . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well ignoramus, you had to disarm them in the 80s and 90s as they've been armed the majority of the time since we created public schools to begin with. But that was another time when we didn't have people like you and Nolan that need instruction to not eat Tide pods.
I don’t think numerical hokie is an ignoramus.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: How does a former student walk into a HS with guns

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Well ignoramus, you had to disarm them in the 80s and 90s as they've been armed the majority of the time since we created public schools to begin with. But that was another time when we didn't have people like you and Nolan that need instruction to not eat Tide pods.

I didn't say he was ...
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

I didn't say he was ...
He’s the one that said arming teachers is a horrible idea. Lecture him, neck.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote: He’s the one that said arming teachers is a horrible idea. Lecture him, neck.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: He’s the one that said arming teachers is a horrible idea. Lecture him, neck.

Doesn’t arming teachers make sense to most Republicans? Kiss my ass.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Yes, it makes sense to people with common sense. That's part of why we have a 2nd amendment to begin with. These mass shootings are happening in your utopian gun free zones, that's obviously not effective. But somehow or another being sitting ducks makes the most sense to you. "oh I know, we'll travel to the land of Make Believe where there are no guns or bad guys and then we can listen to John Lennon albums together, Imagine!".
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Yes, it makes sense to people with common sense. That's part of why we have a 2nd amendment to begin with. These mass shootings are happening in your utopian gun free zones, that's obviously not effective. But somehow or another being sitting ducks makes the most sense to you. "oh I know, we'll travel to the land of Make Believe where there are no guns or bad guys and we can listen to John Lennon albums together, Imagine!".
So what is your problem with me, Buck?

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Most teachers I know personally have no business being anywhere near a gun.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Yes, it makes sense to people with common sense. That's part of why we have a 2nd amendment to begin with. These mass shootings are happening in your utopian gun free zones, that's obviously not effective. But somehow or another being sitting ducks makes the most sense to you. "oh I know, we'll travel to the land of Make Believe where there are no guns or bad guys and we can listen to John Lennon albums together, Imagine!".
So what is your problem with me, Buck?

You're an ass
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Oh look, this is what USN_Hokie was saying from the #$&%#@ beginning. But because they didn't follow through with the laws we have in place, suddenly more laws are needed. Nope, GFY.
The documents, first revealed by The Associated Press, were provided by a psychological assessment service initiated by Cruz's mother called Henderson Behavioral Health. The documents showed a high school resource officer who was also a sheriff's deputy and two school counselors recommended in September 2016 that Cruz be committed for mental evaluation under Florida's Baker Act. That law allows for involuntary commitment for mental health examination for at least three days.

Such an involuntary commitment also would have been a high obstacle if not a complete barrier to legally obtaining a firearm, such as the AR-15 rifle used in the Stoneman Douglas massacre on Feb. 14, authorities said.

There is no evidence Cruz was ever committed. Coincidentally, the school resource officer who recommended that Cruz be "Baker Acted" was Scot Peterson — the same Broward Sheriff's Office deputy who resigned amid accusations he failed to respond to the shooting by staying outside the building where the killings occurred.

David S. Weinstein, a former federal prosecutor, said that an involuntary commitment would have been a huge red flag had Cruz attempted to buy a firearm legally.

"If he had lied, hopefully the verification of the form would have pulled up the commitment paperwork," Weinstein said.

The documents did not say why Cruz was not committed under the Baker Act or whether he may not have qualified for other reasons. The law allows a law enforcement officer such as Peterson to initiate commitment under the Baker Act.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/18/so ... -show.html
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:Oh look, this is what USN_Hokie was saying from the #$&%#@ beginning. But because they didn't follow through with the laws we have in place, suddenly more laws are needed. Nope, GFY.
The documents, first revealed by The Associated Press, were provided by a psychological assessment service initiated by Cruz's mother called Henderson Behavioral Health. The documents showed a high school resource officer who was also a sheriff's deputy and two school counselors recommended in September 2016 that Cruz be committed for mental evaluation under Florida's Baker Act. That law allows for involuntary commitment for mental health examination for at least three days.

Such an involuntary commitment also would have been a high obstacle if not a complete barrier to legally obtaining a firearm, such as the AR-15 rifle used in the Stoneman Douglas massacre on Feb. 14, authorities said.

There is no evidence Cruz was ever committed. Coincidentally, the school resource officer who recommended that Cruz be "Baker Acted" was Scot Peterson — the same Broward Sheriff's Office deputy who resigned amid accusations he failed to respond to the shooting by staying outside the building where the killings occurred.

David S. Weinstein, a former federal prosecutor, said that an involuntary commitment would have been a huge red flag had Cruz attempted to buy a firearm legally.

"If he had lied, hopefully the verification of the form would have pulled up the commitment paperwork," Weinstein said.

The documents did not say why Cruz was not committed under the Baker Act or whether he may not have qualified for other reasons. The law allows a law enforcement officer such as Peterson to initiate commitment under the Baker Act.

To busy having gender spalining classes and bathrooms were for boys who can compete against girls because they fell like a woman.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:Oh look, this is what USN_Hokie was saying from the #$&%#@ beginning. But because they didn't follow through with the laws we have in place, suddenly more laws are needed. Nope, GFY.

Yep, the commitment you so love to tout. And why it is so difficult to actually implement. Which is why the GVRO is gaining such steam nationally. It would actually be effective.
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:Most teachers I know personally have no business being anywhere near a gun.

This. Mother was a teacher and she'd quit before she was asked to do such a thing.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:Most teachers I know personally have no business being anywhere near a gun.

This. Mother was a teacher and she'd quit before she was asked to do such a thing.
wow, love the fake news.... The proposal is for those teachers THAT ARE COMFORTABLE WITH FIREARMS AND WOULD AGREE TO GO THRU SERIOUS TRAINING AND EVALUATION... not one teacher will be required to participate, it is up to the teacher to volunteer for this so you mom would be fine as she would NEVER be asked to participate. SHE WOULD HAVE TO WANT TO PARTICIPATE AND THEN GO THRU TRAINING AND EVALUATION before given the right to conceal carry in school.

But yes, the best plan is to hope humans that want to murder random folks don't pick the school rather than try and have more defense at the location..... we should do this at airports and other public events also, I wonder why we don't.

Stat I heard this weekend, EVERY DAY in the USA 9 people die from distracted drivers......so every two days you have a parkland incident.... but lets take the rights away from lawful people, how does that make sense?
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

wow, love the fake news.... The proposal is for those teachers THAT ARE COMFORTABLE WITH FIREARMS AND WOULD AGREE TO GO THRU SERIOUS TRAINING AND EVALUATION... not one teacher will be required to participate, it is up to the teacher to volunteer for this so you mom would be fine as she would NEVER be asked to participate. SHE WOULD HAVE TO WANT TO PARTICIPATE AND THEN GO THRU TRAINING AND EVALUATION before given the right to conceal carry in school.

But yes, the best plan is to hope humans that want to murder random folks don't pick the school rather than try and have more defense at the location..... we should do this at airports and other public events also, I wonder why we don't.

Stat I heard this weekend, EVERY DAY in the USA 9 people die from distracted drivers......so every two days you have a parkland incident.... but lets take the rights away from lawful people, how does that make sense?
Do you have to have a take a test, be evaluated, and own insurance to be legally allowed to drive in the USA?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

Do you have to have a take a test, be evaluated, and own insurance to be legally allowed to drive in the USA?
Yawn, there's no constitutional right to driving a car.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

Is driving a car a constitutional amendment? FYI, you have to get a permit to buy a firearm and pass a background check and yes for concealed carry you have to pass a test and be certified...next

quick question, what is the insurance for if you purchase a firearm, for the firearm itself or are you talking liability. Since unless you are a criminal your use of the weapon is in self defense what exactly is the insurance for?
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

Is driving a car a constitutional amendment? FYI, you have to get a permit to buy a firearm and pass a background check and yes for concealed carry you have to pass a test and be certified...next

quick question, what is the insurance for if you purchase a firearm, for the firearm itself or are you talking liability. Since unless you are a criminal your use of the weapon is in self defense what exactly is the insurance for?
And since people can do things illegally, why even try and regulate? Drugs should be legal, driving shouldn't be regulated along with owning a firearm. The argument that we shouldn't do something because some people might try to circumvent it is tired.

I agree AG. I support an amendment to the constitution to "clarify" the 2nd amendment and make it damn harder to own a firearm. You should have to earn it.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

And since people can do things illegally, why even try and regulate? Drugs should be legal, driving shouldn't be regulated along with owning a firearm. The argument that we shouldn't do something because some people might try to circumvent it is tired.

I agree AG. I support an amendment to the constitution to "clarify" the 2nd amendment and make it damn harder to own a firearm. You should have to earn it.
I'm glad your POV is fringe. It's to claim to both support the 2nd amendment as well as end it.
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

awesome guy wrote:
I'm glad your POV is fringe. It's to claim to both support the 2nd amendment as well as end it.
Hey I cut to the chase. As the courts have currently defined the 2A it will be damn near impossible to craft a law that has any real effect. Thus you need an amendment. Right now, that opinion may be fringe. We'll see what a few decades decides.

At some point in time slavery was legal along with the 3/5ths compromise and women couldn't vote. It's not like there isn't precedent for altering the document.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Hey I cut to the chase. As the courts have currently defined the 2A it will be damn near impossible to craft a law that has any real effect. Thus you need an amendment. Right now, that opinion may be fringe. We'll see what a few decades decides.

At some point in time slavery was legal along with the 3/5ths compromise and women couldn't vote. It's not like there isn't precedent for altering the document.
Just admit you're anti-second amendment then instead of presenting yourself as a supporter of it.
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Just admit you're anti-second amendment then instead of presenting yourself as a supporter of it.
I own guns and want to continue. I want it to be harder to buy guns with training required and waiting periods. I'd also like for every illegal entity and organization on earth to not acquire their guns in the USA due to the ease at which they're purchased whether legally or illegally.

So I really just strongly believe in the "well-regulated" part of the 2A. The part you guys aren't big fans of.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

I own guns and want to continue. I want it to be harder to buy guns with training required and waiting periods. I'd also like for every illegal entity and organization on earth to not acquire their guns in the USA due to the ease at which they're purchased whether legally or illegally.

So I really just strongly believe in the "well-regulated" part of the 2A. The part you guys aren't big fans of.
You can't see how that will get you NYC style gun laws?
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:

Yep, the commitment you so love to tout. And why it is so difficult to actually implement. Which is why the GVRO is gaining such steam nationally. It would actually be effective.
Nope. They could have done it here but chose not to. Instead of asking why, you want to pile on more laws. No thanks.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

what the hell are you talking about "earn it"? Should you have to "earn it" to buy a steak knife (hint, they kill also)

It is the human operating the tool that makes it do what it does, so infringe on the rights of the 99% of us cuz some people do not value human life? no thanks and complete idiocy

So how do you "earn" a firearm to hunt deer? please explain