Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: How does a former student walk into a HS with guns

Post by Major Kong »

CFB Apologist wrote:Do you really think the NRA and the 2nd amendment are why people shoot up schools? Seriously? Do you think the NRA wants kids shot? promotes it? Do you think these serial killers wake up and say.. welp, we have the 2A in America, and that is my license to kill today. No intelligent root cause analysis would get to NRA and 2A in regards to WHY yesterday happened. There is not a fishbone large enough to get there logically.
I agry BUT there is no use to agrgue with folks about the issue.

The youngman, as I understand it, was under the care of a psychologist (or was it a psychologist :?: ). I wonder what information they'll be able to divulge.

A gentleman in Mississippi, back last fall, contacted the FBI because of a Youtube video where Cruz stated his intent to become a mass student shooter. No contact from the FBI except a voicemail message. After the shooting then the FBI shows up and ask the gentleman if he knew the shooter. The gentleman said no he didn't and the FBI left.

There were numerous facebook and twitter postings showing his obsession but no flags were raised.

It seems that the whole system failed the shooter but more importantly the unfortunate kids and adults who paid for it with their lives. :(
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Yup. You will never change their mind. It’s like talking to a brick wall. You can present as many facts as you want........they will never “Got it”.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:How was he a former student if it started in a class room? 4 of the 17 were killed outside the school, where did this start?

They just reported he used a rifle, BIGGER question, how do you get a rifle into a HS?????
Mass school shootings only happen when republicans are in office, too.
That’s not true at all. In fact, these stories don’t really move the needle anymore for me.

Maybe it would be different f I had kids, but I don’t really care anymore. We can expect 5-100 people to die from a mass shooting event every month or so. NBD.

This is all good for the NRA, and 2nd amendment proponents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you really think the NRA and the 2nd amendment are why people shoot up schools? Seriously? Do you think the NRA wants kids shot? promotes it? Do you think these serial killers wake up and say.. welp, we have the 2A in America, and that is my license to kill today. No intelligent root cause analysis would get to NRA and 2A in regards to WHY yesterday happened. There is not a fishbone large enough to get there logically.
He's not saying that, but because of our unique gun freedom, we have to just take these shootings on the chin because what can we really do about them? Other countries don't have these problems and, in part, it's because they don't have the same gun freedom that we do. It's as simple as that. Our freedom comes at a cost...
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:How was he a former student if it started in a class room? 4 of the 17 were killed outside the school, where did this start?

They just reported he used a rifle, BIGGER question, how do you get a rifle into a HS?????
That’s not true at all. In fact, these stories don’t really move the needle anymore for me.

Maybe it would be different f I had kids, but I don’t really care anymore. We can expect 5-100 people to die from a mass shooting event every month or so. NBD.

Do you really think the NRA and the 2nd amendment are why people shoot up schools? Seriously? Do you think the NRA wants kids shot? promotes it? Do you think these serial killers wake up and say.. welp, we have the 2A in America, and that is my license to kill today. No intelligent root cause analysis would get to NRA and 2A in regards to WHY yesterday happened. There is not a fishbone large enough to get there logically.
He's not saying that, but because of our unique gun freedom, we have to just take these shootings on the chin because what can we really do about them? Other countries don't have these problems and, in part, it's because they don't have the same gun freedom that we do. It's as simple as that. Our freedom comes at a cost...
If you can debate with insulting, if this guy could not get any gun, since he was hell bent on taking other random people's lives do you believe that he would never have killed anyone in his life? I don't, he would have figured out a way, for instance, go to internet, watch video on how to build a half decent bomb... execute said plan...dead people
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

BG Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Gun "freedom" is only part of the equation. What else does America have that Australia and Scotland don't?
- Ever increasing social liberalism- more abortions, more legal drugs, more crime, more sanctuary city's, more welfare programs, more single parents/non traditional families. This erodes morals and societal norms- no two ways around it.
- Easy, cheap, insane access to Ambien, Ritalin, Oxy, etc, etc, etc. Kids are legally drugged if they can't pay attention in science class
- Unmanageable/untraceable illegal gun inventory- Scotland doesn't have 150 million illegal guns floating around.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

The NRA doesn’t want people getting worked up about mass shootings.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

The nra doesn’t want knee-jerk, emotional reactions to events to affect our freedoms through handwringers pushing legislation.

This would be a good response to any proposed legislation.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

The nra doesn’t want knee-jerk, emotional reactions to events to affect our freedoms through handwringers pushing legislation.

This would be a good response to any proposed legislation.
Atta boy.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

HokieHam wrote:
Yup. You will never change their mind. It’s like talking to a brick wall. You can present as many facts as you want........they will never “Got it”.

I chuckled at this because that's exactly what the gun control people say. Two intransigent sides.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

I chuckled at this because that's exactly what the gun control people say. Two intransigent sides.
Do you agree that murder is against the law?
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Atta boy.
Got it!

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

That’s right. One side is based on law and the constitution. The other....raw emotion the moment anything like this happens. I’m not willing to give up my personal freedoms for a bunch of handwringers.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

That’s right. One side is based on law and the constitution. The other....raw emotion the moment anything like this happens. I’m not willing to give up my personal freedoms for a bunch of handwringers.
I'd put the number around 3 or 4. 3 or 4 schools getting shot up per quarter is worth it. You having the right to own an AR-15 is important.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

I wonder what his UWS handle was.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HooFighter wrote:I wonder what his UWS handle was.
In other news, he was also pictured wearing a Che ANTIFA shirt.

I wonder in which neighborhood he passed out D literature.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

I wonder how well regulated his militia was.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HooFighter wrote:I wonder how well regulated his militia was.
Well... no matter how hard the left tries to make him a RWNJ...in reality, we know he was simply a NJ.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

He passed a background check, apparently...so... the government isn't good at doing things.

Leftist Heads explode
Salute the Marines
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

yes Chicago is a dangerous place for some 17 dead is a weekend or two in chicago.... so far the MSM has not camped out there extolling how bad america is...hmmmm
The two are becoming more similar in my book. 17 dead in inner-city Chicago doesn’t move my needle either. Both should, but they don’t.

We have a place where you are "free" from the ability to commit violence or have it committed upon you. It's called prison.

I'm not interested in living in that world, sorry. Believing that others have a duty to protect you is typically a single female response. As man, it's my responsibility ensure the safety and well-being of my family. Leftists/statists attack the family because intact families are competition to the state.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

yes Chicago is a dangerous place for some 17 dead is a weekend or two in chicago.... so far the MSM has not camped out there extolling how bad america is...hmmmm
The two are becoming more similar in my book. 17 dead in inner-city Chicago doesn’t move my needle either. Both should, but they don’t.

We have a place where you are "free" from the ability to commit violence or have it committed upon you. It's called prison.

I'm not interested in living in that world, sorry. Believing that others have a duty to protect you is typically a single female response. As man, it's my responsibility ensure the safety and well-being of my family. Leftists/statists attack the family because intact families are competition to the state.
Yep. Kill or be killed. **** 'em.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

I'd put the number around 3 or 4. 3 or 4 schools getting shot up per quarter is worth it. You having the right to own an AR-15 is important.
if he would have had a handgun with a clip he would have done the same damage, he had to pull the trigger each time he fired a shot....hint...same as a handgun. Now I agree if he had a powder muzzle loader or a revolver where it takes some time to insert bullets then yes his damage would have been greatly reduced.......OOOOORRRRR if we allowed people to be able to defend themselves, say teachers.... he would have had to spend time trying not to get shot instead of casually murdering his contemporaries. A school is the BEST target for these morons, concentrated humans, no defenses or retaliation at all, kind of a stupid set up if you ask anyone with common sense
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

you are one sick a-hole... congrats
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

if he would have had a handgun with a clip he would have done the same damage, he had to pull the trigger each time he fired a shot....hint...same as a handgun. Now I agree if he had a powder muzzle loader or a revolver where it takes some time to insert bullets then yes his damage would have been greatly reduced.......OOOOORRRRR if we allowed people to be able to defend themselves, say teachers.... he would have had to spend time trying not to get shot instead of casually murdering his contemporaries. A school is the BEST target for these morons, concentrated humans, no defenses or retaliation at all, kind of a stupid set up if you ask anyone with common sense
there's really nothing you can do.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Did they find his membership card? Has it ever crossed your mind that the group leader dude may be lying. But it is irrelevant it was not just non-whites that were shot, so either the moron shooter dude sucks at being a white nationalist (color blind apparently) or that may be bullshirt news from the leader dude
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

I chuckled at this because that's exactly what the gun control people say. Two intransigent sides.[/quote]
That’s right. One side is based on law and the constitution. The other....raw emotion the moment anything like this happens. I’m not willing to give up my personal freedoms for a bunch of handwringers.[/quote]

I'd put the number around 3 or 4. 3 or 4 schools getting shot up per quarter is worth it. You having the right to own an AR-15 is important.[/quote]

if he would have had a handgun with a clip he would have done the same damage, he had to pull the trigger each time he fired a shot....hint...same as a handgun. Now I agree if he had a powder muzzle loader or a revolver where it takes some time to insert bullets then yes his damage would have been greatly reduced.......OOOOORRRRR if we allowed people to be able to defend themselves, say teachers.... he would have had to spend time trying not to get shot instead of casually murdering his contemporaries. A school is the BEST target for these morons, concentrated humans, no defenses or retaliation at all, kind of a stupid set up if you ask anyone with common sense[/quote]

there's really nothing you can do.[/quote]

That is a totally false statement... next