Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Today is "Australia has banned guns and don't have shoot

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:Yeah, mass shooting are certainly the emotional ones. The same question applies to all shootings, however, and I'm surprised I can't get an answer from anybody on this board.

When it comes to our disproportionate gun homicide rate relative to other countries, I think it's safe to say our 2nd amendment freedom is costly, correct?
I’d say a vigorous defense of any and all gun rights is costly, not necessarily the 2nd amendment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure I understand what you are trying to argue.
The right wing has instilled the notion that AR-15s, bump stocks and other barbaric excrement is protected by the Second Amendment when they often are not.

No one ever confused you with facts.
https://home.nra.org/joint-statement
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:Yeah, mass shooting are certainly the emotional ones. The same question applies to all shootings, however, and I'm surprised I can't get an answer from anybody on this board.

When it comes to our disproportionate gun homicide rate relative to other countries, I think it's safe to say our 2nd amendment freedom is costly, correct?
It's our whole constitution, not just the 2nd amendment. It's the whole collection of freedoms that we have. We're unique.
Gun freedoms cost more lives than other freedoms.

You could not be more wrong. The freedom to eat disgusting fried foods- available on every corner for cheap- kills 100 fold more people than guns.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

BG Hokie wrote:And actually I think it's insane that over a half of 1% of America's deaths come at the hands of guns. Fair to say that's the leader in the clubhouse relative to other countries, correct? A good example of our freedom being costly with respect to human life.
And how many more lives do our freedoms:
1- save
2- improve the quality of

?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

It's our whole constitution, not just the 2nd amendment. It's the whole collection of freedoms that we have. We're unique.

Uh...yeaaahhh, -No.
Salute the Marines
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I’d say a vigorous defense of any and all gun rights is costly, not necessarily the 2nd amendment.

The right wing has instilled the notion that AR-15s, bump stocks and other barbaric excrement is protected by the Second Amendment when they often are not.

The AR15 is the most popular gun in America. They pop up in more crimes for the same reason that F150s and Camrys show up on more car accidents.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

I'm pretty sure the "right to privacy" takes that title. 652,639 legal abortions in 2014 per the CDC.

17 deaths are a tragedy. 652,639 are a statistic.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

You guys sure are insecure about all this.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

The Left Wing doesn't know what an AR15 is, does, or is used for. Doesn't stop them from using that lie/falsehood to scare people though. Their knowledge of guns is minuscule, but you listen to them.
But he’s “got it”.....
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:You guys sure are insecure about all this.

1- who are "you guys"
2- what have you seen that's "insecure"?

I don't get this post
Salute the Marines
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

of course if it was not a gun free zone and he would have faced any resistance his kill count would have been zero or close to zero
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

any other rifle with a clip is just as useful as the scary "ar-15"
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Dental floss could have done the trick too.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Or rent a U Haul.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

This is the argument that pisses me off. The AR15 is no more dangerous than a 9MM handgun- that is a fact. That is not opinion, that is not hyperbole, that is not a talking point it is a fact. "Automatic" weapons were banned in the US for civilian use in 1930. The "AR15" which you claim in "much more dangerous, scary, barbaric, etc" with your stupid dental floss comment is just flat wrong. Zero truth or fact in that- zero. It is a .223 (in some cases) semi automatic rifle. Simple. Fact. It's nothing more. In fact- a semi automatic shotgun- which doesn't get your panties bunched up for some reason, is much more dangerous and powerful than a civilian AR15. 98% of handguns made today are "semi-automatic" just like the barbaric AR15, which you claim has some super scary power. You are wrong, 100%, but you and the liberal media keep pushing a narrative so that you can take freedoms away from law abiding citizens. It's sick.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote:

1- who are "you guys"

I don't get this post
It’s the typical lib argument. Next he’ll connect guns to penis envy.....
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

CFB Apologist wrote:" day on social media, if you care to engage.
CFB, you nailed it
Salute the Marines
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

got it
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

1- who are "you guys"

I don't get this post
It’s the typical lib argument. Next he’ll connect guns to penis envy.....
Nah Uncle Fester is just a troll, no way to actually get a coherent conversation with him
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

What? AR-15s are protected
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Not true, but keep on keeping on.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Nope.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/as ... es-n724106

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Nope.

So an appeals court for a ruling in MD means they aren't protected? Tell me you have more than that.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: I’d say a vigorous defense of any and all gun rights is costly, not necessarily the 2nd amendment.

Nope.

So an appeals court for a ruling in MD means they aren't protected? Tell me you have more than that.
Just a case directly on point.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote: Just a case directly on point.

The AR15 falls into any reasonable interpretation of the definition laid out in Heller. The 4CA decision was horrible and it was a shame the SCOTUS didn't take it - partially because both sides were worried about how Kennedy would side.

Now, when Kennedy retires and the Grim Reaper catches up with RBG.....