We should script this site to link

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
fatman

We should script this site to link

Post by fatman »

To this article every time there is a school shooting. This problem is unique to the US. We are the only advanced country where this happens, but idiots will repeatedly say "nothing we can do about it." An intellectually open person would at least use their brain and question why this insurmountable challenge has been solved everywhere else but here. A satire site absolutely nails it.

Of course the crooked politicians who take money from the nra will all pray real hard to their God on TV this weekend and send prayers for the dead kids again. So they have that going for them.

https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-prev ... 1819580358
BG Hokie

Re: We should script this site to link

Post by BG Hokie »

fatman wrote:To this article every time there is a school shooting. This problem is unique to the US. We are the only advanced country where this happens, but idiots will repeatedly say "nothing we can do about it." An intellectually open person would at least use their brain and question why this insurmountable challenge has been solved everywhere else but here. A satire site absolutely nails it.

Of course the crooked politicians who take money from the nra will all pray real hard to their God on TV this weekend and send prayers for the dead kids again. So they have that going for them.

I've been taught that for every single person dead because of mass shootings the same number of people would be dead were there no guns because of youtube and people's ability to make homemade bombs. Bless cwcter's heart...
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

fatman wrote:To this article every time there is a school shooting. This problem is unique to the US. We are the only advanced country where this happens, but idiots will repeatedly say "nothing we can do about it." An intellectually open person would at least use their brain and question why this insurmountable challenge has been solved everywhere else but here. A satire site absolutely nails it.

61 times as many people die from heart disease every year, fatman.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:

61 times as many people die from heart disease every year, fatman.
Virginia Tech lost last night to Duke.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Awesome. But the NRA and dirty politicians, mass shootings, McDonalds, College Football, Budweiser and yadda yadda is not what makes the US unique from Finland. Now take off your Hilary Pin and think REAL hard at what might be the reason why US society has a violence issue. think REAL hard under your pink pussy hat please.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

BG Hokie wrote:

I've been taught that for every single person dead because of mass shootings the same number of people would be dead were there no guns because of youtube and people's ability to make homemade bombs. Bless cwcter's heart...
"There were no guns".. fantastic, utopia. Now tell me how you are going to make Oakland a gun free city. A real plan. Go ahead. I'm listening, because when Oakland, LA, Detroit are gun free, I'll hand in my guns.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:

I've been taught that BG is terrible at strawmen and believes that we should trample civil rights in order "to save one life" (quoting the usual platitude, not you per se, even though that's what you're arguing).
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

The NRA has exactly zero...nothing...to do with these shootings.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
fatman

Post by fatman »

RiverguyVT wrote:The NRA has exactly zero...nothing...to do with these shootings.
Atta boy. A 100% declarative statement without the attempt to back it up with a word of supporting data.
Riverguy: “The earth is 100% flat”
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

fatman wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:The NRA has exactly zero...nothing...to do with these shootings.
Atta boy. A 100% declarative statement without the attempt to back it up with a word of supporting data.
And we will patiently wait for your "hard data" linking the NRA directly to this kid, this school, this shooting, this crime... go right ahead. Facts please, direct, logical links please. Thanks
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Yep. It's amusing though watching the simpletons slobber on themselves to attack the NRA for protecting rights. Meanwhile these same knuckle draggers support video game violence, removing spanking from school, and all the other social constructs that humanize each other while tempering wants against discipline. They're creating self entitled monsters that can't cope with life and so act out in epic tantrums.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

fatman wrote:
Show me the kid’s membership card.
Show me where the NRA advocates for mass murder.

No need to be disparaging. Keep it civil.

I don’t need to ”prove” the lack of NRA culpability. You brought the NRA into this, so should “back it up with supporting data” rather than asking me to prove a negative.

Is the shooting Uber’s fault? I mean...they (Uber) actually carried & delivered a gun toting whack job to the school, and dropped him off. Oddly (Atta boy), you don’t invoke Uber in your OP, even though Uber quite literally touched the tragedy.

Fatman: “NRA! NRA! Squawk!”
Salute the Marines
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

fatman wrote:
That onus is on you, fatman. So far, all you've provided is a satire article.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

I thought this was apropos for this thread. :mrgreen:

fatman

Post by fatman »

CFB Apologist wrote:

Awesome. But the NRA and dirty politicians, mass shootings, McDonalds, College Football, Budweiser and yadda yadda is not what makes the US unique from Finland. Now take off your Hilary Pin and think REAL hard at what might be the reason why US society has a violence issue. think REAL hard under your pink pussy hat please.
What makes the US unique? We are the only country with this problem. Not Finland, not China, not Russia, not Argentina. Just us. Say what you want to say. Also, swing a miss on your diversion attempts. I didn’t vote for Hillary or do any of those other things.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

fatman wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

What makes the US unique? We are the only country with this problem. Not Finland, not China, not Russia, not Argentina. Just us. Say what you want to say. Also, swing a miss on your diversion attempts. I didn’t vote for Hillary or do any of those other things.
The rest of the world uses bombs. Not sure what your point is.
fatman

Post by fatman »

RiverguyVT wrote:
fatman wrote:

I don’t need to ”prove” the lack of NRA culpability. You brought the NRA into this, so should “back it up with supporting data” rather than asking me to prove a negative.

Is the shooting Uber’s fault? I mean...they (Uber) actually carried & delivered a gun toting whack job to the school, and dropped him off. Oddly (Atta boy), you don’t invoke Uber in your OP, even though Uber quite literally touched the tragedy.

Uber provides service all over the world, this problem is unique to the US. There isn’t even correlation. The NRA is a uniquely American organization. This is a uniquely American problem. At a minimum, there is correlation. I think there is a strong case to be made for causation as well.

I’m sure you are sending thoughts and prayers for the victims and families though. That is the only possible reactions n. Nothing else we can do, right?
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

fatman wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
fatman wrote:

Uber provides service all over the world, this problem is unique to the US. There isn’t even correlation. The NRA is a uniquely American organization. This is a uniquely American problem. At a minimum, there is correlation. I think there is a strong case to be made for causation as well.

I’m sure you are sending thoughts and prayers for the victims and families though. That is the only possible reactions n. Nothing else we can do, right?
Emotions. Mock faith.
Nice rant.

Pro tip: examine the term "proximate cause" and get back to us.

Watermelons cause drownings, because in months of high drownings, more watermelons are consumed. That's your position.
Salute the Marines
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

fatman wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Homicide rate in Finland: 1.28/100k ppl
Homicide rate in New Hampshire: 1.1/100k ppl

In New Hampshire, you don't even need a permit to carry a concealed handgun.

Again: our crime rate compares favorably with western Europe when comparing similar demographics. Our crime rate compares favorably with sub Sahara Africa when comparing similar demographics.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

fatman wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
fatman wrote:

What is your plan? besides thoughts and prayers and abolishing the 2nd and 14th amendments to the Constitution. fire away.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
fatman wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
fatman wrote:

What is your plan? besides thoughts and prayers and abolishing the 2nd and 14th amendments to the Constitution. fire away.
Don't forget the 4th. They're not going to compensate people for the seizure of 400M guns.

On the flip side, most won't comply. A stat they don't like to talk about is that only 40% of Australians complied with their ban and turned their guns in. Of course, they also like to forget that Australia had incredibly low homicide rates before and after the ban.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I'm amused that the NRA is correlated to the shooting, in his mind, but that the guy who actually picked the shooter up and delivered him (with weaponry in hand) to the scene has no relationship to the situation at all. Because, you know, there's Uber in Finland or something like that...

:ugeek: :?
Salute the Marines
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:I'm amused that the NRA is correlated to the shooting, in his mind, but that the guy who actually picked the shooter up and delivered him (with weaponry in hand) to the scene has no relationship to the situation at all. Because, you know, there's Uber in Finland or something like that...

There's no rationalization of the ramblings of a troll.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:I'm amused that the NRA is correlated to the shooting, in his mind, but that the guy who actually picked the shooter up and delivered him (with weaponry in hand) to the scene has no relationship to the situation at all. Because, you know, there's Uber in Finland or something like that...

It’s diversion to bring up uber in the first place. Absent hindsight, there is no reason for that driver to think cruz is going to shoot up a school because he was carrying a duffel bag. That’s silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.