The moron FL shooter took an Uber to the school.....

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
cwtcr hokie

The moron FL shooter took an Uber to the school.....

Post by cwtcr hokie »

you effing idiot Uber driver, how about alerting the damn cops when you drop a guy off with a rifle at a school, there were at least 2 cops stationed at the school, the whole thing could have been stopped before it started!
RiverguyVT

Re: The moron FL shooter took an Uber to the school.....

Post by RiverguyVT »

I raise this in the fatman/onion thread.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Have I made it into the thread before Uber gets sued?
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Was he brandishing the rifle or was it concealed in a guitar case? I don't know, but I'd like to think that he would have called 911 if he saw the rifle
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

BigDave wrote:Was he brandishing the rifle or was it concealed in a guitar case? I don't know, but I'd like to think that he would have called 911 if he saw the rifle
From the timeline:
2:19 p.m.
An Uber car dropped off Cruz at the school at approximately 2:19 P.M., Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel revealed at a news conference Thursday afternoon.

"The suspect entered the east stairwell, that's building 12, with a rifle inside a black soft case," he said. "The suspect exited the stairwell [and] pulled the rifle out of the case."
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

BigDave wrote:Was he brandishing the rifle or was it concealed in a guitar case? I don't know, but I'd like to think that he would have called 911 if he saw the rifle
It's funny- In Maryland, if you don't have a receipt from your gun range and you are pulled over for "transporting" a handgun, you will be arrested and charged. Also in Maryland, you can walk freely down the street with a Benelli semi automatic shot gun, so long as it is in plain view. Yes.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:
From the timeline:
2:19 p.m.
An Uber car dropped off Cruz at the school at approximately 2:19 P.M., Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel revealed at a news conference Thursday afternoon.

"The suspect entered the east stairwell, that's building 12, with a rifle inside a black soft case," he said. "The suspect exited the stairwell [and] pulled the rifle out of the case."
Sounds like a gun case.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
It's funny- In Maryland, if you don't have a receipt from your gun range and you are pulled over for "transporting" a handgun, you will be arrested and charged. Also in Maryland, you can walk freely down the street with a Benelli semi automatic shot gun, so long as it is in plain view. Yes.
I can confirm this is correct. Stopping to get gas on your way home from shooting your handgun is technically a crime in MD.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

He had other things with him to accomplish his task of killing as many random people as possible.... of course the FBI blew it also and the country blew it as usual as we cannot lock these fruits away BEFORE they do something and they tell you before they do anything.. it is so damn stupid
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
I can confirm this is correct. Stopping to get gas on your way home from shooting your handgun is technically a crime in MD.
Correct. and so is sitting in your car while your gas pumps or going to get coffee while your gas pumps- both illegal. The law states you must stand outside and pump your gas. Thank god they don't enforce this- but they will when the democrats misuse other tax dollars and they need the fine money.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
Correct. and so is sitting in your car while your gas pumps or going to get coffee while your gas pumps- both illegal. The law states you must stand outside and pump your gas. Thank god they don't enforce this- but they will when the democrats misuse other tax dollars and they need the fine money.
Really? I do that all the time. Damn.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
Yep- read the sign on the pump next time. most pumps have the signs on there.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

One article I read referred to it as a duffle bag.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
What pisses me off, CFB, is when gas stations remove the plate that lets you engage the lever. Automatic gas pumps, if you will, should be provided to customers.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
What pisses me off, CFB, is when gas stations remove the plate that lets you engage the lever. Automatic gas pumps, if you will, should be provided to customers.
Agree.. multitasking is key when pumping gas.. why do you think they put gas pumps at 7-11, etc.? so you can go in and buy stuff while your gas pumps. Maryland is a communist shithole- I cant move from here fast enough
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

BG Hokie wrote:One article I read referred to it as a duffle bag.
Of course people quickly lose sight of the fact that literally anyone (hmm maybe a FRIEND of his or other unsuspecting person) can drive for Uber. An accomplice driving a largely unregulated personal cab, would drop you off with 6 grenade launchers at a school. Cmon people.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

ip_law-hokie wrote:What pisses me off, CFB, is when gas stations remove the plate that lets you engage the lever. Automatic gas pumps, if you will, should be provided to customers.
In the 276 Automatic pumps still have their shut off mechanisms. :)
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Agree.. multitasking is key when pumping gas.. why do you think they put gas pumps at 7-11, etc.? so you can go in and buy stuff while your gas pumps. Maryland is a communist shithole- I cant move from here fast enough
Agree to an extent. OK to engage device to wash windshield or sit inside vehicle on a cold day. But if you are going inside to get coffee, order a meatball sub, and take a dump while shitposting on UWS, you are part of the problem. With freedom comes responsibility, and you are abusing the freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Thread hijack. ----

Last weekend driving on I 95 in Maryland, we made a quick pitstop at "Maryland house"

As I crossed in the pedestrian crosswalk, a truck slowed down to let us by. Plenty of room, he did not even have to slow down. I put my hand up with a gentle wave of thanks as I always do in these cases, and crossed. As the truck rolled behind us, I heard his window go down, and he shouts " what the hell are you waving at!?"

We laughed. I told my wife "welcome to the north"

End thread hijack
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

It was concealed in a carry bag/duffle. It was not visible.