Let us build a wall

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
TheH2

Let us build a wall

Post by TheH2 »

A great wall, on the Mexican border, the best wall. Let's do this to keep our country safe from the illegal immigrants that cross our border and cause american carnage. Let's not worry about how effective it would be. It doesn't matter how many people immigrants kill vs. how many heart disease kills.
People who know, know.
CFB Apologist

Re: Let us build a wall

Post by CFB Apologist »

TheH2 wrote:A great wall, on the Mexican border, the best wall. Let's do this to keep our country safe from the illegal immigrants that cross our border and cause american carnage. Let's not worry about how effective it would be. It doesn't matter how many people immigrants kill vs. how many heart disease kills.
Yes, because an unsecured US Border is not a threat to sovereignty and national security, nope. We are not trying to secure the most powerful country on earth and keep our system of government and freedom, nope. We are just being mean to brown people- that's what we are doing by advocating national borders and security- just being racist.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

A nation without borders or an immigration policy ceases to be.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

RiverguyVT wrote:A nation without borders or an immigration policy ceases to be.
Borders are important. So are people.

It's entertaining that a cost benefit analysis of the wall is not important. In terms of guns, it matters a lot.
People who know, know.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:A great wall, on the Mexican border, the best wall. Let's do this to keep our country safe from the illegal immigrants that cross our border and cause american carnage. Let's not worry about how effective it would be. It doesn't matter how many people immigrants kill vs. how many heart disease kills.
LOL, you were slobbering all over Obama's knob when he was spending trillions on infrastructure projects like public tennis courts. Looks like we've finally found a broken window H2 doesn't like fixing.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

TheH2 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:A nation without borders or an immigration policy ceases to be.

It's entertaining that a cost benefit analysis of the wall is not important. In terms of guns, it matters a lot.
Ive never looked at the gun question in terms of cost-benefit
Granted, I have wrt the wall
Salute the Marines
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

what is your latest gibberish about? What modern industrial country (say like the usa) does not have border control? please elaborate
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
what is your latest gibberish about? What modern industrial country (say like the usa) does not have border control? please elaborate
Please read, comprehend, think, then if you so please, ask a question or comment.

The US has border control. The US should have border control. Nothing in that statement implies otherwise.
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Please read, comprehend, think, then if you so please, ask a question or comment.

The US has border control. The US should have border control. Nothing in that statement implies otherwise.
I did read your rambling gibberish, and no the border control in parts of the southwest is pathetic...... thus why we have so many illegal aliens.....duh

fyi, I don't give two cents about how many illegal aliens kill, the act of coming into our country without the proper paperwork or procedure is an ILLEGAL ACT. Get it? Try reading and comprehending
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

I did read your rambling gibberish, and no the border control in parts of the southwest is pathetic...... thus why we have so many illegal aliens.....duh

fyi, I don't give two cents about how many illegal aliens kill, the act of coming into our country without the proper paperwork or procedure is an ILLEGAL ACT. Get it? Try reading and comprehending
Snark fills his shallow thinking ability.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Take a deep breath. Sorry if you found my response to you insulting. Your first post had nothing to do with my post, hence questioning your comprehension.

Read again. You still haven't addressed the initial post, and maybe that's my fault. If the wall costs a lot, and doesn't keep illegal immigrants from coming to the U.S., why would we still want a wall?

There is such a low bar for wanting the wall. There is such a high bar for enacting any gun control measures.
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Take a deep breath. Sorry if you found my response to you insulting. Your first post had nothing to do with my post, hence questioning your comprehension.

Read again. You still haven't addressed the initial post, and maybe that's my fault. If the wall costs a lot, and doesn't keep illegal immigrants from coming to the U.S., why would we still want a wall?

There is such a low bar for wanting the wall. There is such a high bar for enacting any gun control measures.
It can be built to be able to stop the illegal immigration...that is the point
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

You just said building a wall will stop illegal immigration. Think about that for a few minutes.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

It (gun laws) can be amended to stop murders..... that is the point.
People who know, know.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:

Illegal immigration is a greater negative to our country than gun regulations. You may not like that, but IIWII.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
I believe we pretty much stand alone on this one.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

The US has ineffective and incomplete border control, to the point that illegal immigration has exceeded 20 million people. It needs to be enhanced and improved, to be brought up to the standards of the rest of the modern world.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

You have absolutely no proof that a wall will not improve border security and reduce illegal immigration. None.

And again, the wall is one component of a comprehensive improvement to include e-verify, ending chain migration, revising legal immigration criteria, etc.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

It (gun laws) can be amended to stop murders..... that is the point.
Ah, so that's what this little semantics gymnastics is really all about. Got it.

Again, gun violence is minimal and is less of a detriment to the US than illegal immigration.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

133743Hokie wrote: Ah, so that's what this little semantics gymnastics is really all about. Got it.

Again, gun violence is minimal and is less of a detriment to the US than illegal immigration.
"You have absolutely no proof ..." that gun violence is less of a determent to the US than illegal immigration.
133743Hokie wrote:The US has ineffective and incomplete border control, to the point that illegal immigration has exceeded 20 million people. It needs to be enhanced and improved, to be brought up to the standards of the rest of the modern world.
The 20 million isn't an accurate reflection of what our border control is like now. Border control has been beefed up a lot over the last decade.

What is the standard of the rest of the modern world? How does the US differ?
People who know, know.
PolyTech

Post by PolyTech »

TheH2 wrote: There is such a low bar for wanting the wall. There is such a high bar for enacting any gun control measures.
I'm not sure this statement supports what you appear to argue.
#JusticeForNolan
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: Ah, so that's what this little semantics gymnastics is really all about. Got it.

"You have absolutely no proof ..." that gun violence is less of a determent to the US than illegal immigration.
133743Hokie wrote:The US has ineffective and incomplete border control, to the point that illegal immigration has exceeded 20 million people. It needs to be enhanced and improved, to be brought up to the standards of the rest of the modern world.
The 20 million isn't an accurate reflection of what our border control is like now. Border control has been beefed up a lot over the last decade.

Are you saying the cost to society of gun violence is greater than that of illegal immigrants?

Border control is not better than it was 10 years ago. That's just nonsense. The only thing that helped was the economic depression 10 years ago. That slowed the flow because there weren't jobs. Now thatnthe economy is ramped back up theinflux is already ticking up.

As to other countries, they have barriers. They have fences. They have heavily guarded boundaries. They also prosecute. They don't have sanctuary cities. They don't pratice catch and release. They have strict laws with harsh penalties. It is a serious criminal offense.

The US gives you Dreamer status and DACA. They let you bring extended family, even if you aren't here legally. The allow you to work. They allow you to get a drivers license. They allow you to use stolen identities. They allow you to use social services, hospitals, schools, etc. But you know all of this. You're just in an argumentative mood again.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Are you saying the cost to society of gun violence is greater than that of illegal immigrants?

Border control is not better than it was 10 years ago. That's just nonsense. The only thing that helped was the economic depression 10 years ago. That slowed the flow because there weren't jobs. Now thatnthe economy is ramped back up theinflux is already ticking up.

As to other countries, they have barriers. They have fences. They have heavily guarded boundaries. They also prosecute. They don't have sanctuary cities. They don't pratice catch and release. They have strict laws with harsh penalties. It is a serious criminal offense.

The US gives you Dreamer status and DACA. They let you bring extended family, even if you aren't here legally. The allow you to work. They allow you to get a drivers license. They allow you to use stolen identities. They allow you to use social services, hospitals, schools, etc. But you know all of this. You're just in an argumentative mood again.
^^this^^
13347438947563 nails it
Salute the Marines
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Illegal immigration is a greater negative to our country than gun regulations. You may not like that, but IIWII.

By f'ing far.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

How are we quantifying this. I could say yes, you could say no. It's pointless.
133743Hokie wrote: Border control is not better than it was 10 years ago. That's just nonsense. The only thing that helped was the economic depression 10 years ago. That slowed the flow because there weren't jobs. Now thatnthe economy is ramped back up theinflux is already ticking up.
Your opinion is subjective and well, nonsense.
from 2013 - which shows significant improvement and last I checked was withing the last decade: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... 2654a60812
Improvements within the decade:
http://www.aila.org/infonet/aila-report ... benchmarks

133743Hokie wrote:As to other countries, they have barriers. They have fences. They have heavily guarded boundaries. They also prosecute. They don't have sanctuary cities. They don't pratice catch and release. They have strict laws with harsh penalties. It is a serious criminal offense.
Again, all subjective. Given how wrong your last point was, this isn't even worth it.
133743Hokie wrote:The US gives you Dreamer status and DACA. They let you bring extended family, even if you aren't here legally. The allow you to work. They allow you to get a drivers license. They allow you to use stolen identities. They allow you to use social services, hospitals, schools, etc. But you know all of this. You're just in an argumentative mood again.
We're not the only country that has undocumented workers. That's just silly. I agree, more could be done. For example, employers could be targeted.

I'm not in an argumentative mood, but you clearly were, given your rant that never addresses the main point about cost benefit analysis. Furthermore, I also prefer to argue over facts not subjective opinions that aren't accurate.
People who know, know.