No Americans involved. None benefitted.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieFanDC

Re: No Americans involved. None benefitted.

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:Okay

Now what?

Indict the Russians and take steps to stop them? You know, do the things that we're supposed to do when foreign countries try to influence our elections.
Cite please.

Cite what? There are 13 indictments for Russians trying to influence the election. What else do you need to know?
Nope. Interfere =/= influence.
https://www.justice.gov/file/1035477/download
Fine. Interfere, not influence. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:LOL.. 13 trolls in an indictment that clearly states both sides were targeted in an election in the richest country in the world. Could not be more hilarious. 13 twitter trolls. LOLOLOLOL. This is a sad, sad day for the Dems.. lol couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. This zero burger will go away soon and then what lie will spur their impeachment talks? should be fun
Nothingburger, hold the bun, extra air. :mrgreen:
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Cite what? There are 13 indictments for Russians trying to influence the election. What else do you need to know?
Big effing difference.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Big effing difference.
In your head, sure.

The Russians definitely interfered with the election. The goal of the interference is to influence. That's what social media does.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Big effing difference.
In your head, sure.

The Russians definitely interfered with the election. The goal of the interference is to influence. That's what social media does.
Did everyone see what he tried to do? :lol:

Oh no, you don't get to play that 3-card monty bullshit. You said "influence the election". You were wrong, cut it with the Team Hillary talking points.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:Okay

Now what?

Indict the Russians and take steps to stop them? You know, do the things that we're supposed to do when foreign countries try to influence our elections.
Cite please.

so you think the 13 russians will be arrested? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Probably not, but who knows, people who commit wire fraud and money laundering, do get arrested. If anyone has the balls to do it, sanctions would be the standard response, with specific actions on the people with the pocketbooks.
glad our tax dollars were spent to indict mean people on facebook
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Big effing difference.
In your head, sure.

The fact you can't see the huge difference in the two in a free election is seriously mind blowing. Seriously. Slowing down like a prick in the left hand lane due to road rage is "interfering" with traffic. Deliberately causing a haz mat spill that closes all traffic down for 3 days "influences" decisions made regarding traveling or not. HUGE difference.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Big effing difference.
In your head, sure.

so we should be mad at russians for complete effing idiots that vote by what is put on facebook :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Democrat logic:

12 Russians influenced the election
12 million illegals didn't influence the election
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Big effing difference.
In your head, sure.

so we should be mad at russians for complete effing idiots that vote by what is put on facebook :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't wait until we find out they made pro-egg mcmuffin posts.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Big effing difference.
In your head, sure.

Oh no, you don't get to play that 3-card monty bullshit. You said "influence the election". You were wrong, cut it with the Team Hillary talking points.
Haha!! They can all see what you did again. This is the old USN, I quoted you game!!!!
What I said was "try to influence the election", and "trying to influence the election".
Trying to do something and actually accomplishing that something are two different things.
Stop selectively quoting people, show some integrity, and stop accusing people of "3-card monty bullshit", when that's your calling card.

Seriously, just go away. Having you constantly misquote and take things out of context, is just pitiful.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

CFB Apologist wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Big effing difference.
In your head, sure.

The fact you can't see the huge difference in the two in a free election is seriously mind blowing. Seriously. Slowing down like a prick in the left hand lane due to road rage is "interfering" with traffic. Deliberately causing a haz mat spill that closes all traffic down for 3 days "influences" decisions made regarding traveling or not. HUGE difference.
I understand the difference. I don't think you do. I'm guessing you think that "influence" means controlling the outcome of the election.
Influence means putting doubt in people's minds about their viewpoints on candidates, in a way that could change their minds about who they vote for. And it is influencing people's trust in what they read and hear about candidates. Maybe they were successful, it seems like they were to me. But I don't know if that's something you can prove. That's how US politics works, the Russians are just putting lighter fluid on the already suspect campaign tactics. How do you prove the impact?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:In your head, sure.

Haha!! They can all see what you did again. This is the old USN, I quoted you game!!!!
What I said was "try to influence the election", and "trying to influence the election".
Trying to do something and actually accomplishing that something are two different things.
Stop selectively quoting people, show some integrity, and stop accusing people of "3-card monty bullshit", when that's your calling card.

Seriously, just go away. Having you constantly misquote and take things out of context, is just pitiful.
LOL, you dimwit. You changed the context of "influence" by rephrasing it in your argument. Yes, their interference in the election was meant to influence social/political unrest (the media, DNC, and McMuffin being willing participants). Your original incorrect usage directly implies influencing the outcome/results. Nowhere in the indictment does it say that. You tried to repeat DNC talking points and I called you on it.

I'll tell you what, though - there was a foreign national who conspired to influence the US election. His name is Christopher Steele and he was paid (collusion?) by the Hillary Campaign surreptitiously through her lawyer. DC won't shirtpost about that though.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

nuthinburger.jpg
nuthinburger.jpg (36.38 KiB) Viewed 844 times
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:[
I understand the difference. I don't think you do. I'm guessing you think that "influence" means controlling the outcome of the election.
Influence means putting doubt in people's minds about their viewpoints on candidates, in a way that could change their minds about who they vote for. And it is influencing people's trust in what they read and hear about candidates. Maybe they were successful, it seems like they were to me. But I don't know if that's something you can prove. That's how US politics works, the Russians are just putting lighter fluid on the already suspect campaign tactics. How do you prove the impact?
LOL, sit down you're going to get dizzy with all that spinning. You know what "influence the election" means.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:In your head, sure.

LOL, you dimwit. You changed the context of "influence" by rephrasing it in your argument. Yes, their interference in the election was meant to influence social/political unrest (the media, DNC, and McMuffin being willing participants). Your original incorrect usage directly implies influencing the outcome/results. Nowhere in the indictment does it say that. You tried to repeat DNC talking points and I called you on it.

I'll tell you what, though - there was a foreign national who conspired to influence the US election. His name is Christopher Steele and he was paid (collusion?) by the Hillary Campaign surreptitiously through her lawyer. DC won't shirtpost about that though.
My original usage doesn't imply influencing the outcome at all - that was you applying your pavlovian, everyone is out to get Trump, response to it. You misinterpret simple statements all the time. I've said the same thing on UWS previously. In other threads, I said that Russia was trying to spread chaos, not support a certain candidate. I'm being consistent with my stance all along.

You want to talk about Steele, fine. It's disgusting and despicable that they were funding a guy trotting around the globe to get dirt on Trump and to make up things that were obvious lies. If he did something illegal, and if the DNC or Hillary campaign did something illegal, they should be charged. Not sure what kind of shirtposting you need, but I've always said the dossier is an anti-trump pile of crap.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:This is the sort of thing I was talking about during the election. Somebody get hoof an icepack.

As I've been saying for over a year now, the Russians didn't try and influence the election for one candidate or another. They tried to disrupt the democratic process, give us a black eye, create turmoil so that we citizens felt that the process was not fair or was tampered with. It was one big disinformation campaign to cause civil unrest, confusion and dissention among all of us. And it has worked extremely well.

As a side note, I also believe that Kremlin agents were the bulk of the Russian "sources" for Steele's dossier. Again, intentional disinformation to create hate and discontent and turmoil among US citizens of both political parties.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Big effing difference.
In your head, sure.

Wrong. The goal of their interference was to create turmoil and discontent among our citizenry, to give our democracy and electorial process a black eye. It was to create social unrest in the US, and it has worked masterfully.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Big effing difference.
In your head, sure.

Wrong. The goal of their interference was to create turmoil and discontent among our citizenry, to give our democracy and electorial process a black eye. It was to create social unrest in the US, and it has worked masterfully.
Correct.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Big effing difference.
In your head, sure.

I’m not seeing an appreciable difference, but OK. You got ‘em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Big effing difference.
In your head, sure.

Yeh, that's what I said. And I've said it previously. All those things you are describing are them having an influence on our election.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
In your head, sure.

Yeh, that's what I said. And I've said it previously. All those things you are describing are them having an influence on our election.
No, they didn't influence the election, i. e. their actions did not impact the election. They influenced peoples perception of the election and the overall electoral process. So they influenced people, not the election. There is a big difference.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
In your head, sure.

No, they didn't influence the election, i. e. their actions did not impact the election. They influenced peoples perception of the election and the overall electoral process. So they influenced people, not the election. There is a big difference.
Good lord. What's the matter with you people. Is your purpose to downplay the magnitude of creating discontent and turmoil, giving our electoral process a black eye? That's a big deal. It's not a nothing burger.
How about stop arguing over the context of the influence, and just say, hey it's a big deal, and we need to stop if from happening again. I don't necessarily think you're saying that, but there are plenty of people that are.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: Yeh, that's what I said. And I've said it previously. All those things you are describing are them having an influence on our election.
You've reduced you definition "influence" to something meaningless. :lol:

Their objective was to create interference, discord, unrest in the US in order to preoccupy the administration with domestic issues, allowing Russia to pursue its foreign policy unfettered. They succeeded. Congratulations.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: Good lord. What's the matter with you people. Is your purpose to downplay the magnitude of creating discontent and turmoil, giving our electoral process a black eye? That's a big deal. It's not a nothing burger.
How about stop arguing over the context of the influence, and just say, hey it's a big deal, and we need to stop if from happening again. I don't necessarily think you're saying that, but there are plenty of people that are.
I'm rating your post with 4 out of 5 "Good Griefs" on the BigDave scale.

The only one being dense is you.