Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Good to see the kids stand up

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: There are 17 states that require annual or biennial inspections. I’m pretty sure that satisfies my statement that “- In some states, have periodic inspections to verify that the car is safe to operate.“

And 48 states require insurance.
Are you going to argue against those facts?? I really hope you keep going. There is definitely the possibility you’ve devised some clever word twist that you think makes you right.
Those are tied to (license plate) registration for operation on public roads, not ownership. If you buy a vehicle and only operate it on your land, you do neither. It's do simple, diggity understands it.
And there you have it, you’re trying to be clever. This discussion started b/c cwtr compared auto deaths to gun deaths. Your carve out of vehicles operating on private land is meaningless. You’re wasting everyone’s time with your nonsense.
You don't have to be clever to understand facts. When you say "To own a car, you have to:....", one should expect requirements to own a car will follow. You can't even get that right.

I think you're the one using underpants gnome logic to argue otherwise. Better luck next time with the lefty talking points.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: If having a drivers license and insurance and valid tags is a requirement to operate a vehicle how come everyone stopped on the Live PD show never have any of that?

Because those shows are about people breaking the law....
Glad we all agree that laws work for people who follow laws. If only there was a law against murder this wouldn't have happened!
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:[

So cars and guns can both kill people. Sounds like you think they're similar, are you cool with them having the same restrictions?

For any person to operate a car (not own, just operate one), they do the following:

- Obtain a drivers license, with photo, from the state that registers them with the state and many other databases.
- Take a course on use, safety, and laws related to operating the vehicle.
- Take a written test to make sure the course taught them what they needed to know.
- Take a field test to ensure they can operate the vehicle effectively and safely.
- Renew that license on a periodic basis.
- If you want to operate a vehicle that is not a standard passenger vehicle, you must obtain a separate license with separate requirements, including training.

To own a car, you have to:
- Register the purchase with the state, sometimes costing hundreds of dollars.
- Obtain insurance for that vehicle to cover costs associated with any property damage or bodily harm done by the vehicle.
- In some states, have periodic inspections to verify that the car is safe to operate.
- In many states, you have to pay annual taxes, or registration fees, often costing hundreds of dollars.
- When the car is sold, the purchase details must be registered.

You think having those requirements for gun ownership and operation is a good idea??
You're conflating operating a car vs. purchasing a car. Come back with better lefty talking points next time. Operating a gun in public (concealed carry) is quite hard, some states don't even allow it!
Are you mental? Separating the requirements for operating a car and purchasing a car, into 2 categories, is the exact opposite of conflating.
As for a talking point, that's nonsense. I've never seen anyone lay out the requirements to purchase and operate a car in detail.
On the other hand, I have seen gun nuts cart out the "cars kill people, ban them!" nonsense over and over again.
To be fair, USN usually takes the access roads when cwtcer gets on the expressway to stupidtown. AG drives faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And Fester can't have an adult conversation if his sorry life depended on it.....yep, you are one brilliant a-hole

and DC, I think USN schooled you on the difference between owning and operating, but no response from you, you were on a roll!

FYI, I got 25 acres, I realize you think that everyone in the country has a 50 ft driveway and that is it but he is right, I can BUY a vehicle and drive it around my acreage all day and never pay the registration or license tax or even need a drivers license to do it

And again in your original post you hinted at having a "special" tax on firearms..... I am fine with that as long as we have a special tax on espresso coffee machines... it makes as much sense as your special tax on a piece of personal property
I responded to his nonsense, it’s the same nonsense that you just posted.
I don’t think anything close to what you claim, of course people can use an unregistered vehicle on their property.

Let’s add to that to YOUR analogy of cars and guns. That would mean that if you want to own a gun and not have it regstered, you can’t take it off your property. You good with that?

I didn’t hint at a special tax, I listed what is necessary to own a car. You want to compare guns to cars, then take all factors into account.[/quote

again, vehicles kill tons more people yearly than any firearms do, and smoking kills more than both combined
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: There are 17 states that require annual or biennial inspections. I’m pretty sure that satisfies my statement that “- In some states, have periodic inspections to verify that the car is safe to operate.“

Are you going to argue against those facts?? I really hope you keep going. There is definitely the possibility you’ve devised some clever word twist that you think makes you right.
Those are tied to (license plate) registration for operation on public roads, not ownership. If you buy a vehicle and only operate it on your land, you do neither. It's do simple, diggity understands it.
And there you have it, you’re trying to be clever. This discussion started b/c cwtr compared auto deaths to gun deaths. Your carve out of vehicles operating on private land is meaningless. You’re wasting everyone’s time with your nonsense.
You don't have to be clever to understand facts. When you say "To own a car, you have to:....", one should expect requirements to own a car will follow. You can't even get that right.

I think you're the one using underpants gnome logic to argue otherwise. Better luck next time with the lefty talking points.
So, you need a carve out in the rules for use on private land. Sounds fair.
Here are the gun rules, with your carve out.

For any person to operate a gun, in a public setting (not own, just operate one), they must do the following:

- Obtain a gun operator license, with photo, from the state that registers them with the state and many other databases.
- Take a course on use, safety, and laws related to operating the gun.
- Take a written test to make sure the course taught them what they needed to know.
- Take a field test to ensure they can operate the gun effectively and safely.
- If you want to operate a gun that is not a standard gun, you must obtain a separate license with separate requirements, including training.

To own a gun that will be used in any public setting, you have to:
- Register the purchase with the state.
- Obtain insurance for that gun to cover costs associated with any property damage or bodily harm done by the gun.
- On a state by state basis, have periodic inspections to verify that the gun is safe to operate.
- On a state by state basis, you have to pay annual taxes, or registration fees.
- When the gun is sold, the purchase details must be registered.

You good with that???
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

So cars and guns can both kill people. Sounds like you think they're similar, are you cool with them having the same restrictions?

For any person to operate a car (not own, just operate one), they do the following:

- Obtain a drivers license, with photo, from the state that registers them with the state and many other databases.
- Take a field test to ensure they can operate the vehicle effectively and safely.
- If you want to operate a vehicle that is not a standard passenger vehicle, you must obtain a separate license with separate requirements, including training.

- Obtain insurance for that vehicle to cover costs associated with any property damage or bodily harm done by the vehicle.
- In some states, have periodic inspections to verify that the car is safe to operate.
- In many states, you have to pay annual taxes, or registration fees, often costing hundreds of dollars.

You think having those requirements for gun ownership and operation is a good idea??[/quote]

You're conflating operating a car vs. purchasing a car. Come back with better lefty talking points next time. Operating a gun in public (concealed carry) is quite hard, some states don't even allow it![/quote]

Are you mental? Separating the requirements for operating a car and purchasing a car, into 2 categories, is the exact opposite of conflating.
As for a talking point, that's nonsense. I've never seen anyone lay out the requirements to purchase and operate a car in detail.
On the other hand, I have seen gun nuts cart out the "cars kill people, ban them!" nonsense over and over again.[/quote]

You included car operating requirements because your argument is bullshit.

Your requirements to "own" a car are almost entirely operating requirements. You don't need a periodic inspection to own a car. Are you mental?[/quote]

If you say so. I included car operating requirements, because non-owners can use both cars and guns.
If you own a car, and someone is going to drive it, you need an inspection. If you're going to drive your wife's car, ie you're merely an operator, you don't have to worry about an inspection. The owner is the only one who has to do the inspection. Please, keep going, you've had a special few days.[/quote]

If having a drivers license and insurance and valid tags is a requirement to operate a vehicle how come everyone stopped on the Live PD show never have any of that?[/quote]

Because those shows are about people breaking the law....[/quote]

No, Live PD is actual cops just doing their jobs in real time, you did not answer the question tho
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

So, you need a carve out in the rules for use on private land. Sounds fair.
Here are the gun rules, with your carve out.

For any person to operate a gun, in a public setting (not own, just operate one), they must do the following:

- Obtain a gun operator license, with photo, from the state that registers them with the state and many other databases.
- Take a course on use, safety, and laws related to operating the gun.
- Take a field test to ensure they can operate the gun effectively and safely.
- If you want to operate a gun that is not a standard gun, you must obtain a separate license with separate requirements, including training.

To own a gun that will be used in any public setting, you have to:
- Register the purchase with the state.
- Obtain insurance for that gun to cover costs associated with any property damage or bodily harm done by the gun.
- On a state by state basis, have periodic inspections to verify that the gun is safe to operate.
- On a state by state basis, you have to pay annual taxes, or registration fees.
- When the gun is sold, the purchase details must be registered.

You good with that???
you are talking about concealed carry permit which the requirements you list are part of getting the actual permit... next

and again your assumption is that criminals follow all laws.... murder and assault with a deadly weapon (just some of the charges the moron FL shooter is facing) ARE AGAINST THE LAW, if only the idiot FL shooter would have thought of that, darn it
Last edited by cwtcr hokie on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:So cars and guns can both kill people. Sounds like you think they're similar, are you cool with them having the same restrictions?

You think having those requirements for gun ownership and operation is a good idea??
You're conflating operating a car vs. purchasing a car. Come back with better lefty talking points next time. Operating a gun in public (concealed carry) is quite hard, some states don't even allow it![/quote]

On the other hand, I have seen gun nuts cart out the "cars kill people, ban them!" nonsense over and over again.[/quote]

Your requirements to "own" a car are almost entirely operating requirements. You don't need a periodic inspection to own a car. Are you mental?[/quote]

If you say so. I included car operating requirements, because non-owners can use both cars and guns.
If you own a car, and someone is going to drive it, you need an inspection. If you're going to drive your wife's car, ie you're merely an operator, you don't have to worry about an inspection. The owner is the only one who has to do the inspection. Please, keep going, you've had a special few days.[/quote]

If having a drivers license and insurance and valid tags is a requirement to operate a vehicle how come everyone stopped on the Live PD show never have any of that?[/quote]

No, Live PD is actual cops just doing their jobs in real time, you did not answer the question tho[/quote]

I don't watch Live PD shows, so can't tell you. But, they're breaking the law, so will get fined, possibly jailed, and if they do it multiple times, will have their right to drive taken away.
That's how laws work. There would be no punishment, without the law.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:So cars and guns can both kill people. Sounds like you think they're similar, are you cool with them having the same restrictions?

You're conflating operating a car vs. purchasing a car. Come back with better lefty talking points next time. Operating a gun in public (concealed carry) is quite hard, some states don't even allow it!

No, Live PD is actual cops just doing their jobs in real time, you did not answer the question tho[/quote]

I don't watch Live PD shows, so can't tell you. But, they're breaking the law, so will get fined, possibly jailed, and if they do it multiple times, will have their right to drive taken away.
That's how laws work. There would be no punishment, without the law.[/quote]

you are correct and if you have a firearm in your vehicle and do not have a concealed carry permit you will also be charged, if criminals would just follow our damn laws

btw, you should watch the Live PD show, its on A&E from 9-12 on friday and saturday night, it would give you incredible insight into what our cops deal with all the time while on the job
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

On the other hand, I have seen gun nuts cart out the "cars kill people, ban them!" nonsense over and over again.

you are correct and if you have a firearm in your vehicle and do not have a concealed carry permit you will also be charged, if criminals would just follow our damn laws

btw, you should watch the Live PD show, its on A&E from 9-12 on friday and saturday night, it would give you incredible insight into what our cops deal with all the time while on the job[/quote]

I know what cops do while on the job. They're amazing. Why do you think I need to watch a Live PD show?
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Your requirements to "own" a car are almost entirely operating requirements. You don't need a periodic inspection to own a car. Are you mental?

btw, you should watch the Live PD show, its on A&E from 9-12 on friday and saturday night, it would give you incredible insight into what our cops deal with all the time while on the job[/quote]

no reason, you never need anymore knowledge
I know what cops do while on the job. They're amazing. Why do you think I need to watch a Live PD show?[/quote]
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Your requirements to "own" a car are almost entirely operating requirements. You don't need a periodic inspection to own a car. Are you mental?
If you own a car, and someone is going to drive it, you need an inspection. If you're going to drive your wife's car, ie you're merely an operator, you don't have to worry about an inspection. The owner is the only one who has to do the inspection. Please, keep going, you've had a special few days.

I know what cops do while on the job. They're amazing. Why do you think I need to watch a Live PD show?[/quote][/quote]

Knowledge is great, just wondering what insight you think I need. If you're just saying that it's a great show for anyone to watch, because it's real stuff, not COPS, then just say it.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

If you own a car, and someone is going to drive it, you need an inspection. If you're going to drive your wife's car, ie you're merely an operator, you don't have to worry about an inspection. The owner is the only one who has to do the inspection. Please, keep going, you've had a special few days.
If having a drivers license and insurance and valid tags is a requirement to operate a vehicle how come everyone stopped on the Live PD show never have any of that?

I know what cops do while on the job. They're amazing. Why do you think I need to watch a Live PD show?[/quote][/quote]

Knowledge is great, just wondering what insight you think I need. If you're just saying that it's a great show for anyone to watch, because it's real stuff, not COPS, then just say it.[/quote]

sorry did not realize you were a cop, had a cop as a close relative or did ride alongs all the time or were on the camera crew for this show, otherwise there is knowledge there for you. I really don't give two flips what you watch on tv, just a friendly suggestion
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

btw, you should watch the Live PD show, its on A&E from 9-12 on friday and saturday night, it would give you incredible insight into what our cops deal with all the time while on the job

I know what cops do while on the job. They're amazing. Why do you think I need to watch a Live PD show?
Knowledge is great, just wondering what insight you think I need. If you're just saying that it's a great show for anyone to watch, because it's real stuff, not COPS, then just say it.

sorry did not realize you were a cop, had a cop as a close relative or did ride alongs all the time or were on the camera crew for this show, otherwise there is knowledge there for you. I really don't give two flips what you watch on tv, just a friendly suggestion
No worries, didn't expect you to know. My good friend, and son's godfather, has 40 years in the LA Sheriff's dept., total badass and a great person. Have done ride alongs, very few. Thanks for the friendly suggestion, maybe I'll check it out.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

No worries, didn't expect you to know. My good friend, and son's godfather, has 40 years in the LA Sheriff's dept., total badass and a great person. Have done ride alongs, very few. Thanks for the friendly suggestion, maybe I'll check it out.
It opened my eyes to the people they have to deal with every day, wow, america is messed up
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

It opened my eyes to the people they have to deal with every day, wow, america is messed up
Now that, we can agree on 100%!
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

So this week we want to allow emotional teenagers to re-write the constitution, last week we were banning laundry detergent pods because those same teenagers were not smart enough to not eat them.

Hmmmm....maybe irrational extreme decisions are not the best decisions.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

USN_Hokie wrote:

Yup
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:I think the title of this thread needs to be re-titled.
USN_Hokie wrote:Fake news strikes again...

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

At least they admitted they were wrong. Has CNN or MSNBC done so recently?
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

133743Hokie wrote:At least they admitted they were wrong. Has CNN or MSNBC done so recently?

Nope. They just tell bigger and bolder lies.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:At least they admitted they were wrong. Has CNN or MSNBC done so recently?

Nope. They just tell bigger and bolder lies.
Yup.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Not sure about MSNBC, but CNN does it all the time.

I'm pretty certain that Fox is the clubhouse leader in BS stories, and no retractions. MSNBC is probably close, but the 5 people who watch that don't care.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:

Not sure about MSNBC, but CNN does it all the time.

I'm pretty certain that Fox is the clubhouse leader in BS stories, and no retractions. MSNBC is probably close, but the 5 people who watch that don't care.
LOL. CNN is famous for stealth edits.