Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Good to see the kids stand up

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:Awesome.. let’s go with gun regulations the exact same as a car... meaning I can now:

Legally loan my AR15 to someone
Legally take my AR15 from state to state with no issues
Legally buy as many ar15s as I want with no “waiting period”
License to use AR15 is valid for 15 years
Legally can use my AR15 at age 16

Deal?
Sure.

You could only loan it to someone, if that someone has a valid license to use it, registered with the state.
You can take it from state to state, but have to follow the laws of that state.
You have to register each AR15 that you purchase, and re-register it every year.
Length of license validity is on a state by state basis. In some cases, it's 5 year renewal.

I'll ignore the age limitation, it's even more ridiculous than the rest of the scenarios you posted.

If you're OK registering every gun you own, and registering any change of ownership, you're in a very tiny group of gun rights advocates....
Agree, I would have no issue with this.
If you move you have to reregister as well.

Got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:[

So cars and guns can both kill people. Sounds like you think they're similar, are you cool with them having the same restrictions?

For any person to operate a car (not own, just operate one), they do the following:

- Obtain a drivers license, with photo, from the state that registers them with the state and many other databases.
- Take a course on use, safety, and laws related to operating the vehicle.
- Take a written test to make sure the course taught them what they needed to know.
- Take a field test to ensure they can operate the vehicle effectively and safely.
- Renew that license on a periodic basis.
- If you want to operate a vehicle that is not a standard passenger vehicle, you must obtain a separate license with separate requirements, including training.

To own a car, you have to:
- Register the purchase with the state, sometimes costing hundreds of dollars.
- Obtain insurance for that vehicle to cover costs associated with any property damage or bodily harm done by the vehicle.
- In some states, have periodic inspections to verify that the car is safe to operate.
- In many states, you have to pay annual taxes, or registration fees, often costing hundreds of dollars.
- When the car is sold, the purchase details must be registered.

You think having those requirements for gun ownership and operation is a good idea??
You're conflating operating a car vs. purchasing a car. Come back with better lefty talking points next time. Operating a gun in public (concealed carry) is quite hard, some states don't even allow it!
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieHam wrote:Emotional arguments. Typical
Maybe they should only ask for thoughts and prayers. Those have done a great job of stopping these things so far.

Meditation/prayer is very effective for folks in grief, but don't let that stop you making an ignorant jackass of yourself.
So is cranking one out.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:

So cars and guns can both kill people. Sounds like you think they're similar, are you cool with them having the same restrictions?

For any person to operate a car (not own, just operate one), they do the following:

- Obtain a drivers license, with photo, from the state that registers them with the state and many other databases.
- Take a written test to make sure the course taught them what they needed to know.
- Take a field test to ensure they can operate the vehicle effectively and safely.
- If you want to operate a vehicle that is not a standard passenger vehicle, you must obtain a separate license with separate requirements, including training.

- Obtain insurance for that vehicle to cover costs associated with any property damage or bodily harm done by the vehicle.
- In some states, have periodic inspections to verify that the car is safe to operate.
- In many states, you have to pay annual taxes, or registration fees, often costing hundreds of dollars.

You think having those requirements for gun ownership and operation is a good idea??
You're conflating operating a car vs. purchasing a car. Come back with better lefty talking points next time. Operating a gun in public (concealed carry) is quite hard, some states don't even allow it!
Are you mental? Separating the requirements for operating a car and purchasing a car, into 2 categories, is the exact opposite of conflating.
As for a talking point, that's nonsense. I've never seen anyone lay out the requirements to purchase and operate a car in detail.
On the other hand, I have seen gun nuts cart out the "cars kill people, ban them!" nonsense over and over again.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Are you mental? Separating the requirements for operating a car and purchasing a car, into 2 categories, is the exact opposite of conflating.
As for a talking point, that's nonsense. I've never seen anyone lay out the requirements to purchase and operate a car in detail.
On the other hand, I have seen gun nuts cart out the "cars kill people, ban them!" nonsense over and over again.
To be fair, USN usually takes the access roads when cwtcer gets on the expressway to stupidtown. AG drives faster.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieHam wrote:Emotional arguments. Typical
Maybe they should only ask for thoughts and prayers. Those have done a great job of stopping these things so far.

Meditation/prayer is very effective for folks in grief, but don't let that stop you making an ignorant jackass of yourself.
So is cranking one out.

Ah.....jackass #2!
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

You included car operating requirements because your argument is bullshit.

Your requirements to "own" a car are almost entirely operating requirements. You don't need a periodic inspection to own a car. Are you mental?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Your requirements to "own" a car are almost entirely operating requirements. You don't need a periodic inspection to own a car. Are you mental?
If you say so. I included car operating requirements, because non-owners can use both cars and guns.
If you own a car, and someone is going to drive it, you need an inspection. If you're going to drive your wife's car, ie you're merely an operator, you don't have to worry about an inspection. The owner is the only one who has to do the inspection. Please, keep going, you've had a special few days.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Driving on public roads is a privilege. Firearm ownership is a Constitutional right.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

If you say so. I included car operating requirements, because non-owners can use both cars and guns.
If you own a car, and someone is going to drive it, you need an inspection. If you're going to drive your wife's car, ie you're merely an operator, you don't have to worry about an inspection. The owner is the only one who has to do the inspection. Please, keep going, you've had a special few days.
I don't say so, the farking law does, Poindexter. Thanks for pointing out multiple examples of why your analogy is shitty.

You're the one who thinks you need yearly inspections and insurance to merely own a car, so I'd say you've been quite "special". Your helmet might be cinched down a bit too tight.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

I don't say so, the farking law does, Poindexter. Thanks for pointing out multiple examples of why your analogy is shitty.

You're the one who thinks you need yearly inspections and insurance to merely own a car, so I'd say you've been quite "special". Your helmet might be cinched down a bit too tight.
There are 17 states that require annual or biennial inspections. I’m pretty sure that satisfies my statement that “- In some states, have periodic inspections to verify that the car is safe to operate.“

And 48 states require insurance.
Are you going to argue against those facts?? I really hope you keep going. There is definitely the possibility you’ve devised some clever word twist that you think makes you right.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: There are 17 states that require annual or biennial inspections. I’m pretty sure that satisfies my statement that “- In some states, have periodic inspections to verify that the car is safe to operate.“

Are you going to argue against those facts?? I really hope you keep going. There is definitely the possibility you’ve devised some clever word twist that you think makes you right.
Those are tied to (license plate) registration for operation on public roads, not ownership. If you buy a vehicle and only operate it on your land, you do neither. It's do simple, diggity understands it.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Good to see the kids CNN stand up. I think the title of this thread needs to be re-titled. The more we learn, the more its clear that these kids are being manipulated and told what to say & what questions to ask on TV.

=======================================

Shooting Survivor: CNN Gave Me "Scripted Question" After Denying Question About Armed Guards
Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date February 22, 2018

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student Colton Haab said he was approached by CNN to ask a question at Wednesday night's town hall but decided not to after the network gave him a "scripted question," quashing one he wrote himself. Haab, a member of the Junior ROTC shielded students while the school was under attack from the shooter, said he was going to ask about using veterans as armed security guards.

"CNN had originally asked me to write a speech and questions and it ended up being all scripted," Haab told WPLG-TV.

CNN aired a town hall on the Florida school shooting with Sens. Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Bill Nelson (D-FL) that included NRA's Dana Loesch and Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel that was moderated by Jake Tapper. Students and parents asked questions about gun control and school safety.

"I expected to be able to ask my questions and give my opinion on my questions," Haab said.

"Colton Haab, a member of the Junior ROTC who shielded classmates in the midst of terror says he did not get to share his experience," WPLG's Janine Stanwood explained.

"Colton wrote questions about school safety, suggested using veterans as armed school security guards but claims CNN wanted him to ask a scripted question instead so he decided not to go," Stanwood reported.

"CNN had originally asked me to write a speech and questions and it ended up being all scripted," Haab said. "I don't think that it's going get anything accomplished. It's not gonna ask the true questions that all the parents and teachers and students have."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... uards.html

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Sad, but true.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Fake news strikes again...
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:Fake news strikes again...
Video:
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Fake news strikes again...
Video:
I wonder how long it will before Youtube takes that video down. They removed the video of the kid that was practicing his lines before his CNN "interview" because they said it violated their bullying policy. Not sure how video footage showing a kid rehearsing his lines is "bullying" but that is Youtube (aka Google).

All of these social media outlets are really starting to flex their anti-1A muscles. The anti-trust suits can't come fast enough.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

To be fair, USN usually takes the access roads when cwtcer gets on the expressway to stupidtown. AG drives faster.

And Fester can't have an adult conversation if his sorry life depended on it.....yep, you are one brilliant a-hole

and DC, I think USN schooled you on the difference between owning and operating, but no response from you, you were on a roll!

FYI, I got 25 acres, I realize you think that everyone in the country has a 50 ft driveway and that is it but he is right, I can BUY a vehicle and drive it around my acreage all day and never pay the registration or license tax or even need a drivers license to do it

And again in your original post you hinted at having a "special" tax on firearms..... I am fine with that as long as we have a special tax on espresso coffee machines... it makes as much sense as your special tax on a piece of personal property
Last edited by cwtcr hokie on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

If having a drivers license and insurance and valid tags is a requirement to operate a vehicle how come everyone stopped on the Live PD show never have any of that?
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Living this close to Tennessee & Kentucky I would welcome state inspections from those States. :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

And Fester can't have an adult conversation if his sorry life depended on it.....yep, you are one brilliant a-hole

and DC, I think USN schooled you on the difference between owning and operating, but no response from you, you were on a roll!

FYI, I got 25 acres, I realize you think that everyone in the country has a 50 ft driveway and that is it but he is right, I can BUY a vehicle and drive it around my acreage all day and never pay the registration or license tax or even need a drivers license to do it

And again in your original post you hinted at having a "special" tax on firearms..... I am fine with that as long as we have a special tax on espresso coffee machines... it makes as much sense as your special tax on a piece of personal property

[emoji106][emoji106]

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

got it
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: There are 17 states that require annual or biennial inspections. I’m pretty sure that satisfies my statement that “- In some states, have periodic inspections to verify that the car is safe to operate.“

Those are tied to (license plate) registration for operation on public roads, not ownership. If you buy a vehicle and only operate it on your land, you do neither. It's do simple, diggity understands it.
And there you have it, you’re trying to be clever. This discussion started b/c cwtr compared auto deaths to gun deaths. Your carve out of vehicles operating on private land is meaningless. You’re wasting everyone’s time with your nonsense.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

I responded to his nonsense, it’s the same nonsense that you just posted.
I don’t think anything close to what you claim, of course people can use an unregistered vehicle on their property.

Let’s add to that to YOUR analogy of cars and guns. That would mean that if you want to own a gun and not have it regstered, you can’t take it off your property. You good with that?

I didn’t hint at a special tax, I listed what is necessary to own a car. You want to compare guns to cars, then take all factors into account.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

If having a drivers license and insurance and valid tags is a requirement to operate a vehicle how come everyone stopped on the Live PD show never have any of that?

Because those shows are about people breaking the law....