OH: Parents lose custody for refusing trans hormone therapy

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

OH: Parents lose custody for refusing trans hormone therapy

Post by USN_Hokie »

Will anyone not named nolan defend this? This is the sort of crap we used to laugh at other countries for doing. The future will look back at this with the same disgust we view forced sterilization with today. If you think about it, this is everything forced sterilization was and more.
An Ohio couple has temporarily lost custody of their 17-year-old daughter after refusing her transgender hormones prescribed by doctors who claim she suffers from gender dysphoria and will commit suicide without the drugs. A judge is expected to rule on her long-term custody Friday.

https://pjmedia.com/faith/ohio-christia ... der-drugs/
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: OH: Parents lose custody for refusing trans hormone ther

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:Will anyone not named nolan defend this? This is the sort of crap we used to laugh at other countries for doing. The future will look back at this with the same disgust we view forced sterilization with today. If you think about it, this is everything forced sterilization was and more.
An Ohio couple has temporarily lost custody of their 17-year-old daughter after refusing her transgender hormones prescribed by doctors who claim she suffers from gender dysphoria and will commit suicide without the drugs. A judge is expected to rule on her long-term custody Friday.

https://pjmedia.com/faith/ohio-christia ... der-drugs/
WTF?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Yeah. Saw this a few days ago. Nolan’s rejoicing.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

The CNN article doesn't make it sound like the transgender surgery (or lack thereof) is the reason the child was removed. The teen claims that her father told her to kill herself since she was "going to hell anyway" and the parents stopped mental health counseling for the child. Those were the reasons given.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/13/health/t ... index.html
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

BigDave wrote:The CNN article doesn't make it sound like the transgender surgery (or lack thereof) is the reason the child was removed. The teen claims that her father told her to kill herself since she was "going to hell anyway" and the parents stopped mental health counseling for the child. Those were the reasons given.

Pffft, we don’t need facts. This is UWS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:The CNN article doesn't make it sound like the transgender surgery (or lack thereof) is the reason the child was removed. The teen claims that her father told her to kill herself since she was "going to hell anyway" and the parents stopped mental health counseling for the child. Those were the reasons given.

I would expect the child suffering from mental illness to say that.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:

Until the child is 18 isn't it within the parents rights to not have counseling for their own child? As far as what the father said to the child do we have anything else except a verbal allegation, any proof at all?

Again, it is a child, not being abused that has a disagreement with the parent.

once the child reaches 18 it can do whatever it wants to, mutilating its own body is ok at that point. Not sure how you grew up but as long as I was under my parents roof and they were paying the bills..... I lived with their rules.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Until the child is 18 isn't it within the parents rights to not have counseling for their own child? As far as what the father said to the child do we have anything else except a verbal allegation, any proof at all?

once the child reaches 18 it can do whatever it wants to, mutilating its own body is ok at that point. Not sure how you grew up but as long as I was under my parents roof and they were paying the bills..... I lived with their rules.
Nolan is a millennial. He doesn't think a confused 17 year old would lie to get what he/she wants.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Not sure what or whose point you’re attempting to counter, but my comment was simply in response to Dave dunking on USN’s original post.

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Not sure what or whose point you’re attempting to counter, but my comment was simply in response to Dave dunking on USN’s original post.

Dave didn't "dunk" anything. He repeated allegations which may or may not be true. Glad to be of help.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Whoever gave this child sex-changing hormones should be the ones that get punished. If a doctor agrees to give those kinds of drugs to a child, they should lose their license and be sued for malpractice. We should not be encouraging and accommodating delusional thoughts and behavior.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Nolan is a millennial. He doesn't think a confused 17 year old would lie to get what he/she wants.
Correct
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Whoever gave this child sex-changing hormones should be the ones that get punished. If a doctor agrees to give those kinds of drugs to a child, they should lose their license and be sued for malpractice. We should not be encouraging and accommodating delusional thoughts and behavior.
I agree to the extent that parents and doctors shouldn’t be pushing this on minors.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:Whoever gave this child sex-changing hormones should be the ones that get punished. If a doctor agrees to give those kinds of drugs to a child, they should lose their license and be sued for malpractice. We should not be encouraging and accommodating delusional thoughts and behavior.
I agree to the extent that parents and doctors shouldn’t be pushing this on minors.

Do you know what the word "minor" means?
mi·nor
ˈmīnər/
noun
a person under the age of full legal responsibility.
synonyms: child, infant, youth, adolescent, teenager, boy, girl;
How about (legal) custodian?
cus·to·di·an
kəsˈtōdēən/Submit
noun
a person who has responsibility for or looks after something.
"the custodians of pension and insurance funds"
synonyms: keeper, guardian, steward, protector
"the custodian of the relic"
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

mi·nor
ˈmīnər/
noun
cus·to·di·an
kəsˈtōdēən/Submit
noun
Go on.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

mi·nor
ˈmīnər/
noun
cus·to·di·an
kəsˈtōdēən/Submit
noun
Go on.

This isn't Neverland.