Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Will Mark Cuban be forced to sell team?

Post by nolanvt »

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
UpstateSCHokie

Re: Will Mark Cuban be forced to sell team?

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

nolanvt wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo. ... 35125.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't like Mark Cuban, but I don't see why he should have to sell his team for this. Are we now to the point that we are holding people responsible for the private lives of people they employ? I assume this is just the latest attempt to put some sort of blame on Trump, so the left is willing to sacrifice one of their own to do it.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

I don't like Mark Cuban, but I don't see why he should have to sell his team for this. Are we now to the point that we are holding people responsible for the private lives of people they employ? I assume this is just the latest attempt to put some sort of blame on Trump, so the left is willing to sacrifice one of their own to do it.
Cuban knew given his level of micromanagement in other aspects of the organization, and there was already an “internal investigation” on the guy 20 years ago.

Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

So you are supposed to fire people for crimes committed outside of work? What if you fired a young urban adult because they sold a dime bag of weed when they were 18 and living in the projects?

People are so crazy now. I don’t think our species is worth saving sometimes.

“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:So you are supposed to fire people for crimes committed outside of work? What if you fired a young urban adult because they sold a dime bag of weed when they were 18 and living in the projects?

It's atheist taking over. Forgiveness and redemption only exists for the elite in their world. The same people that overlooked Clinton rape accusations are demanding this guy and Cuban get canned. They mistake Christianity as believing in sky people, but it's really about redemption with God and thusly redemption amongst each other. Atheist have no equivalent, unless you're one of their team.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:So you are supposed to fire people for crimes committed outside of work? What if you fired a young urban adult because they sold a dime bag of weed when they were 18 and living in the projects?

Haven’t made up my mind on this one yet, but the issue isn’t “crimes committed outside of work”.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:

Haven’t made up my mind on this one yet, but the issue isn’t “crimes committed outside of work”.

Uh huh
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

That is where we are at, if you have anyone working for you that is accused of anything they must be fired... not arrested, not charged, not indicted, not convicted, if accused they should never work again!!!!

And Cuban's shot at running for prez is OVER!
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:

There are now claims of harassment....now, not when they actually occurred. According to the claims the place was a virtual orgy every day, kewl place to work!!! Esp. if the cheerleaders are involved. It also sounds like there were a crappy boss or two there...... which happens, its called life
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

in the stupid country we live in now, of course..... and I guess he can go back to liking Trump as his run for prez is over
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

I've read only bits and pieces of the story. If Cuban knew of harassment happening at his workplace and did nothing, covered it up, or continued to support those responsible, he may be forced out.

I believe there are two stories that overlap. One, a person on his staff had been accused (convicted?) of sexual harassment in the past. Hiring, or continuing to employ this person is not a crime. He will not be forced to sell his franchise over this. Now, employing someone that continues to harass, that he is made aware of, and does nothing, then yes, there will be consequences. Selling the team, not sure. It really all depends on what he knows. So far he has answered questions and started to clean house.
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:

I've read only bits and pieces of the story. If Cuban knew of harassment happening at his workplace and did nothing, covered it up, or continued to support those responsible, he may be forced out.

I believe there are two stories that overlap. One, a person on his staff had been accused (convicted?) of sexual harassment in the past. Hiring, or continuing to employ this person is not a crime. He will not be forced to sell his franchise over this. Now, employing someone that continues to harass, that he is made aware of, and does nothing, then yes, there will be consequences. Selling the team, not sure. It really all depends on what he knows. So far he has answered questions and started to clean house.
accused of harassment or the harasser admitted to it.... from GMA this morning the guy involved denies the stuff and has had counseling or something as I think the issue is he sucks at being a boss. Per GMA the issue was domestic violence, no idea how that relates to the office unless the guy is in jail and can't get to work
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

accused of harassment or the harasser admitted to it.... from GMA this morning the guy involved denies the stuff and has had counseling or something as I think the issue is he sucks at being a boss. Per GMA the issue was domestic violence, no idea how that relates to the office unless the guy is in jail and can't get to work
Well, one guy beat a woman who worked for the Mavs as well. Any good employer would intervene at that point.

As for Ussery, he was forced out of Under Armour after three months, probably because Under Armour didn’t dick around like Cuban.

TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

I agree with the premise. However, it doesn't seem to be relevant in this case since it was happening at the workplace.
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Well, one guy beat a woman who worked for the Mavs as well. Any good employer would intervene at that point.

As for Ussery, he was forced out of Under Armour after three months, probably because Under Armour didn’t dick around like Cuban.

he was convicted of assault, yea grounds for firing

fyi, the Ussery guy was an employee when cuban bought the team, he was inherited. And yes it sounds like he was not a great boss. Of course all of the allegations are from years ago as he has not been with the mavs in over 3 years.... and they come out now? Per ESPN I saw at the gym he is accused of touching a thigh of a female employee and using bad pickup lines