Another Big Win for VT

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Another Big Win for VT

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Beat #15 Clemson last night at home. Solid effort from the crowd - Clemson was 2/8 from foul line at one point.

Clemson was missing their starting PG, but I’ll take it. Important game given that we have some tough games coming up.

We are a legit 5 seed IMO. We’ll be a 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
RiverguyVT

Re: Another Big Win for VT

Post by RiverguyVT »

This was big!
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote:This was big!
I think this locks the tournament for us.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

We've risen to #26 on the BPI...movin' on up.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Major Kong wrote:We've risen to #26 on the BPI...movin' on up.
Would be nice to see them earn a 4 seed in the ACC tourney and get the byes

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Also - Check out Facebook for the kid draining the half court shot for 10K

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:This was big!
I think this locks the tournament for us.
I’m a pessimist, but even if we lose out I would think so.

But I think we are going to kick Louisville’s ass in bburg. We played them tough in their place.

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

VT is in the tourney- lock now. Having said that, if Buzz would schedule say- a top 200 OOC instead of the worst in the country, we would be sweating a lot less. His ability to find plus 300 RPI teams out of conference in uncanny.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:VT is in the tourney- lock now. Having said that, if Buzz would schedule say- a top 200 OOC instead of the worst in the country, we would be sweating a lot less. His ability to find plus 300 RPI teams out of conference in uncanny.
:roll:

Our next games are against Louisville, Duke and Miami; and then, hopefully, a quality opponent in Brooklyn. From memory, we have OOC wins over Big 10 and SEC teams. I think you can find something better to bitch about than their strength of schedule.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:VT is in the tourney- lock now. Having said that, if Buzz would schedule say- a top 200 OOC instead of the worst in the country, we would be sweating a lot less. His ability to find plus 300 RPI teams out of conference in uncanny.

Our next games are against Louisville, Duke and Miami; and then, hopefully, a quality opponent in Brooklyn. From memory, we have OOC wins over Big 10 and SEC teams. I think you can find something better to bitch about than their strength of schedule.
Reading is fundamental. I said out of conference schedule. The one that is ranked 319 in the country by Ken Pom and RPI. That's what I was referring to. That is what also has Clemson on the 4 line and VT on the 10 line right now, if you think its meaningless to bitch about.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Reading is fundamental. I said out of conference schedule. The one that is ranked 319 in the country by Ken Pom and RPI. That's what I was referring to. That is what also has Clemson on the 4 line and VT on the 10 line right now, if you think its meaningless to bitch about.
My point being that we don't need a tough OOC to have a reasonably strong schedule, and that we've had the opportunity, and obtained, respectable OOC wins as it is.

And I'm not buying that our schedule is why we are projected to be a 10. We are projected to be a 10 because the NCAA screws VT and they are projecting what the NCAA will do.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

My point being that we don't need a tough OOC to have a reasonably strong schedule, and that we've had the opportunity, and obtained, respectable OOC wins as it is.

And I'm not buying that our schedule is why we are projected to be a 10. We are projected to be a 10 because the NCAA screws VT and they are projecting what the NCAA will do.
Yeah, Im going with a key, documented metric the committee uses vs. its a conspiracy against VT. Yes the ACC is plenty tough, but the committee is going to penalize you for playing an absurd schedule out of conference- as they should, and as they will to VT. My point was that for 4 million per year, perhaps Buzz and staff can find some shitty top 200 RPI teams to play and beat as opposed to 350 ranked rpi teams? EVERY other ACC team does it.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Our OOC scheduling is ridiculous. We don't have to play good teams, we just have to switch out a DII team, or two, for a bottom feeder D1.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Our OOC scheduling is ridiculous. We don't have to play good teams, we just have to switch out a DII team, or two, for a bottom feeder D1.
It's not rocket science, that is why is it so frustrating. Buzz goes out of his way to schedule the WORST RPI teams- SWAC and MEAC teams, VMI, etc. If we simply scheduled a couple AAC teams- South Florida, ECU, Memphis or Missouri Valley teams instead if Delaware state, we would jump 100 spots. Even with a trip to Kentucky this year, our OOC schedule is 319. Its asinine, especially in his 3-4th year here.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Buzz. A very good coach. Glad he's ours.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

No, we're a 9/10 because we had a horrible OOC schedule. It's there in black and white in all of the evaluations. Has pushed our RPI down 20+ points.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

I wouldn’t say we are a lock but we certainly are playing well when it matters most. I predict an 8 seed.

“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:I wouldn’t say we are a lock but we certainly are playing well when it matters most. I predict an 8 seed.

VT is in. Lock. 9-9 in the ACC is a 10 seed at worst. And I think we will steal 1 of these last 3 and likely beat our opponent in NY since we will have a bye. 11 ACC wins could put us as high as a 6 seed. But if we don't win again, we are a 10-11 seed depending on pods, locations, etc.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

I remember a lot of the crybabies on the tsl subscriber board seriously questioning Buzz around Xmas...my oh my, how things change.

“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila