Re: So taking Trump at his word that he wants to raise the a

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:IP is down as an Ass, got it

By taking time to note my agreement with President Trump?
The list is long
OK. A or B, AG?
The cognitive dissonance false choice associated with making that choice is debilitating for some.
Fixed it for you.
And yet you still respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:The list is long
OK. A or B, AG?
The cognitive dissonance false choice associated with making that choice is debilitating for some.
Fixed it for you.
Nope. If you agree that raising the current age limit is good, choose A. If you disagree, choose B.

The other things you mentioned aren't relevant. If you think there is something else you think would be better, then choose B, because that means you disagree with just raising the current age limit, as is being discussed.
Bzz. I don't agree that's Trump's position.
Did his twitter account get hacked? Fake news?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: The cognitive dissonance false choice associated with making that choice is debilitating for some.
Fixed it for you.
Nope. If you agree that raising the current age limit is good, choose A. If you disagree, choose B.

The other things you mentioned aren't relevant. If you think there is something else you think would be better, then choose B, because that means you disagree with just raising the current age limit, as is being discussed.
LOL. What do you think he meant by "Raise age to 21".

We'll see what he signs into law. The anti-gun nuts are frothy right now, so pols are liable to spew idiotic sound bites to appease the dimwitted who look at everything but the fetid society that many of these dung heaps celebrate.

Progress facilitates evil little F's like Cruz.
Solid answer. Thanks for the reply, Ham.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

I was looking for C. single payer. I mean, that is the cure all. :D
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
OK. A or B, AG?
Fixed it for you.

TDB.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:I was looking for C. single payer. I mean, that is the cure all. :D
I replied to the wrong message, but did want to thank you for addressing the topic at hand without insecurity.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
OK. A or B, AG?
Fixed it for you.

If you like your raise the age to 21, you can keep it.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:I was looking for C. single payer. I mean, that is the cure all. :D
I replied to the wrong message, but did want to thank you for addressing the topic at hand without insecurity.

Odd how you want to be taken seriously.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:to purchase guns to 21. Do you:

A. Agree with Trump; or
B. Agree with the NRA?

I'll go with A.
If you're talking about all guns, no categorization, I'll go with NRA.
Thanks for the response. it appears that Trump is calling for all firearms, or at least "long guns" to be unavailable to those under 21 for purchase.

Under current federal law, licensed firearm dealers cannot sell handguns to people under 21 and cannot sell long guns to people under 18, according to the Giffords Law Center, which tracks gun laws and advocates for more restrictions. Some states already impose laws with tighter minimum age requirements.

The National Rifle Association, which endorsed Trump in the 2016 presidential election, quickly rejected any talk of raising the age for buying long guns to 21.

“Legislative proposals that prevent law-abiding adults aged 18-20 years old from acquiring rifles and shotguns effectively prohibits them for purchasing any firearm, thus depriving them of their constitutional right to self-protection,” the NRA said in a statement.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02 ... oters.html

Others may have valuable input; others may want to discuss abortion.
The NRA is correct here. If it is 21 for all long guns, in Maryland, a law abiding 20 year old living on his own in a rural area would not have access to any legal firearms for hunting OR self defense, as the age for handguns in Maryland is already 21. No sane person would argue that a 20 year old with a clean background check should be denied buying a .22 rifle to squirrel hunt with. That's moronic, regressive and won't do a damn thing about mass shootings.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

He wants to raise the age..that’s low fruit. I disagree with it. But I get it. It is appeasement of the left. Was the Florida nutjob’s issue that he was “only” 19? No. He is a crazy arsehole..THAT is the issue.

The move reminds me that there are indeed 2 Americas, unlikely to reconcile anytime soon. Somewhere in flyover country is a 15 year old who has been literally busting his ass working hard labor, so that he could afford that new bird gun to go hunting with his grandfather on the back 40 of the family farm.

Somewhere else is a whack job. Being moved by all the current media attention toward planning his own killing spree. And he already has his weaponry. Fame! It’s so easy to get these days...
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:He wants to raise the age..that’s low fruit. I disagree with it. But I get it. It is appeasement of the left. Was the Florida nutjob’s issue that he was “only” 19? No. He is a crazy arsehole..THAT is the issue.

The move reminds me that there are indeed 2 Americas, unlikely to reconcile anytime soon. Somewhere in flyover country is a 15 year old who has been literally busting his ass working hard labor, so that he could afford that new bird gun to go hunting with his grandfather on the back 40 of the family farm.

Somewhere else is a whack job. Being moved by all the current media attention toward planning his own killing spree. Fame! It’s so easy to get these days...
Its a bad idea and policy that would have prevented nothing. Why should adults who are 18-21 living on their own not be allowed to purchase a firearm for self protection? Heck, women living alone at that age are some of the most vulnerable in our society.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

No insecurities here. I don’t need the government to do everything for me.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I agree, you answered the question. Unlike others.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I agree, you answered the question. Unlike others.

Pinocchio thinks he's a real boy all of a sudden.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

A. Agree with Trump; or
B. Agree with the NRA?

I'll go with A.
B, I don't get the age restrictions, we universally say you are an adult at 18, but want to throw in special restrictions. Handguns are already age restricted but if killing someone is the deteriming factor then absolutely abortion should be age restricted to the same level.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

A. Agree with Trump; or
B. Agree with the NRA?

I'll go with A.
B, I don't get the age restrictions, we universally say you are an adult at 18, but want to throw in special restrictions. Handguns are already age restricted but if killing someone is the deteriming factor then absolutely abortion should be age restricted to the same level.
Thanks for the answer, cwtcr.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

A. Agree with Trump; or
B. Agree with the NRA?

I'll go with A.
so what is your response to a 19 yo woman living on her own that would like to get a shotgun for protection, tell her tough excrement lady?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

A. Agree with Trump; or
B. Agree with the NRA?

I'll go with A.
so what is your response to a 19 yo woman living on her own that would like to get a shotgun for protection, tell her tough excrement lady?
Correct.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

A. Agree with Trump; or
B. Agree with the NRA?

I'll go with A.
Correct.

That's a crap stance IMO.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

A. Agree with Trump; or
B. Agree with the NRA?

I'll go with A.
Correct.

You being a scaredy cat aren't worth taking her rights.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

A. Agree with Trump; or
B. Agree with the NRA?

I'll go with A.
Correct.

You being a scaredy cat aren't worth taking her rights.
These 19 year olds are welcome to make their voices and concerns heard.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

A. Agree with Trump; or
B. Agree with the NRA?

I'll go with A.
Correct.

It’s the handwringers stance.

Single Payer!

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Correct.

It’s the handwringers stance.

Single Payer!
Has Trump signed on to single payer too, in addition to the 21 year old age limit?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote: These 19 year olds are welcome to make their voices and concerns heard.

We fought wars to avoid being ruled by weak minded fools like yourself, tread lightly.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: These 19 year olds are welcome to make their voices and concerns heard.

We fought wars to avoid being ruled by weak minded fools like yourself, tread lightly.
Uh oh. Better tell Trump!