Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Rick Scott announces plan to introduce bill

Post by ElbertoHokie »

in Florida to require anyone purchasing a firearm to be 21 or older with the exception of military personnel or police.
CFB Apologist

Re: Rick Scott announces plan to introduce bill

Post by CFB Apologist »

That's the current law in crime free/no gun crime Maryland...
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Oh joy beats your heart.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

To be fair, I don't think it passes. Scott will introduce it knowing that it probably doesn't pass the legislature. He can take credit with the left that he tried and it won't pass, so the right will be placated.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:in Florida to require anyone purchasing a firearm to be 21 or older with the exception of military personnel or police.
Sorry, I don't get the age restrictions, I realize the little snowflakes can't handle life anymore but when you are 18 you are of legal age to be an adult....so tell the little effers to grow the hell up, curious tho how many have lots of dollars to go buy guns and ammo...hard to make money sleeping on your moms couch all day
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:in Florida to require anyone purchasing a firearm to be 21 or older with the exception of military personnel or police.
Sorry, I don't get the age restrictions, I realize the little snowflakes can't handle life anymore but when you are 18 you are of legal age to be an adult....so tell the little effers to grow the hell up, curious tho how many have lots of dollars to go buy guns and ammo...hard to make money sleeping on your moms couch all day
The problem is that 18 shouldn't be the age of majority. The are too young, their brains are still forming and their hormones are raging. 21 should be the age of majority for everything that is "adult" restricted.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
The problem is that 18 shouldn't be the age of majority. The are too young, their brains are still forming and their hormones are raging. 21 should be the age of majority for everything that is "adult" restricted.
Including abortions, but that is not a hashtag on twitter today.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

CFB Apologist wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Including abortions, but that is not a hashtag on twitter today.
Never will be. That is the sacred altar of the (D)emonic Party.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

totally disagree. They're formed enough to be adults.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Depends on what your criteria is. Certainly there is no scientific basis for it. AFAIK, 18 was the age that was set for military enrollment, and then became the basis for voting, and then a bunch of other things. Maybe it was chosen b/c that's when most people graduated, and entered the workforce, or college, or whatever the next step is.
But, I still think it's a reasonable age, there are plenty of reasonable 18 year olds, it's probably more related to parenting, than age.
As for 21, how many of the mass shootings were people over 21? This idea is a prime example of tunnel vision on the latest crime.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

For some maybe but sorry at 18 you are very capable of being an adult....do humans make errors at every age... you betcha
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

All the professionals for years have disagreed with you on that. It's fact.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Nope
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Depends on what your criteria is. Certainly there is no scientific basis for it. AFAIK, 18 was the age that was set for military enrollment, and then became the basis for voting, and then a bunch of other things. Maybe it was chosen b/c that's when most people graduated, and entered the workforce, or college, or whatever the next step is.
But, I still think it's a reasonable age, there are plenty of reasonable 18 year olds, it's probably more related to parenting, than age.
As for 21, how many of the mass shootings were people over 21? This idea is a prime example of tunnel vision on the latest crime.
Has nothing to do with the age of the shooter.
If people want to continue to put age restrictions on things for "adults" then we need to find a common, uniform age and shift everything to that age. IMO, and of most professionals, 18 is too young and 21 is better.

The military needed bodies and set 18 as their age. It was the age when people finished school and entered the work force.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

For some maybe but sorry at 18 you are very capable of being an adult....do humans make errors at every age... you betcha
As with everything there are always exceptions and special cases. But most professionals say kids are not developed mentally at 18.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
If people want to continue to put age restrictions on things for "adults" then we need to find a common, uniform age and shift everything to that age. IMO, and of most professionals, 18 is too young and 21 is better.

The military needed bodies and set 18 as their age. It was the age when people finished school and entered the work force.
That's BS. Saying an 18 year old isn't an adult is a whacko position.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Nope
Just because you disagree doesn't make it wrong. I know that's your MO on here, to dig in your heels regardless of the data. But at some point you'll have to admit someone besides you is right about something.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

The government has determined 18 is an adult, for some tings. To believe that an 18 year old is fully developed mentally and emotionally is whacko.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: Sorry, I don't get the age restrictions, I realize the little snowflakes can't handle life anymore but when you are 18 you are of legal age to be an adult....so tell the little effers to grow the hell up, curious tho how many have lots of dollars to go buy guns and ammo...hard to make money sleeping on your moms couch all day

Nope
Just because you disagree doesn't make it wrong. I know that's your MO on here, to dig in your heels regardless of the data. But at some point you'll have to admit someone besides you is right about something.
You're FOS. Anyone not looking to ban guns considers 18 the age of maturity.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: Sorry, I don't get the age restrictions, I realize the little snowflakes can't handle life anymore but when you are 18 you are of legal age to be an adult....so tell the little effers to grow the hell up, curious tho how many have lots of dollars to go buy guns and ammo...hard to make money sleeping on your moms couch all day

The government has determined 18 is an adult, for some tings. To believe that an 18 year old is fully developed mentally and emotionally is whacko.
I said "developed enough". Your position is whacko land stuff, he'll, being literal, no one is fully developed till death as we're always developing.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

I said "developed enough". Your position is whacko land stuff, he'll, being literal, no one is fully developed till death as we're always developing.
You're coming unglued over this.
Oh, and your brain peaks and then starts declining over time. In fact, I expect yours is in deep dive these days based on your pistingvrecently.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Oh, and your brain peaks and then starts declining over time. In fact, I expect yours is in deep dive these days based on your pistingvrecently.
I'm a couple steps ahead of you. I'm not unglued, I'm laughing at your retarded claims. IQ and mental capabilities diminish way late in life. Your arguing against science and reason, it's hilarious.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

133743Hokie wrote: You're coming unglued over this.
(Nodding)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: You're coming unglued over this.
(Nodding)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nolan's agreement seals his argument as wrong. Better get back to "the office" for dinner rush.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: Has nothing to do with the age of the shooter.

I'm a couple steps ahead of you. I'm not unglued, I'm laughing at your retarded claims. IQ and mental capabilities diminish way late in life. Your arguing against science and reason, it's hilarious.
The prefrontal cortex is not fully developed at 18, doesn't fully develop until 25. Most studies agree that people are not fully developed by 18. But, of course, there is no way to say precisely when a person is "mature".