We've had the AR 15 since the 60s

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
133743Hokie

Re: We've had the AR 15 since the 60s

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:Ok, now that I've gone further in this thread I see the data. So it does appear they have grown significantly in popularity, particularly the last 15 years. And it sounds like there are several reasons, with the lifting of the AWB and the growing sense among some that they will be banned again being two big ones.

So, does this significant growth mean that the AR-15 is now more in the public eye than before and is why it has taken on such a prominent role in the overall gun debate?
They have a similar market share as they always have. Not sure how that makes them more popular, especially when we have fewer gun owners now. Anyway, your whole argument is silly as they're rarely used in any murder, much less a mass shooting.
Get off your high horse! I've made no argument. I've taken no stance. I asked a question trying to get some information from the gun owners on this board. That's all. I don't need the constant condescending BS from you. Some unsolicited advice --quit trying to read between the lines of every comment or question.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:Ok, now that I've gone further in this thread I see the data. So it does appear they have grown significantly in popularity, particularly the last 15 years. And it sounds like there are several reasons, with the lifting of the AWB and the growing sense among some that they will be banned again being two big ones.

So, does this significant growth mean that the AR-15 is now more in the public eye than before and is why it has taken on such a prominent role in the overall gun debate?
They have a similar market share as they always have. Not sure how that makes them more popular, especially when we have fewer gun owners now. Anyway, your whole argument is silly as they're rarely used in any murder, much less a mass shooting.
Get off your high horse! I've made no argument. I've taken no stance. I asked a question trying to get some information from the gun owners on this board. That's all. I don't need the constant condescending BS from you. Some unsolicited advice --quit trying to read between the lines of every comment or question.
If you poke AG in the belly he giggles.

Hehe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Hehe.

Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Hehe.

Your Pillsbury Doughboy routine is equally tired.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

This thread is bonkers. Criminals use the guns which are prevalent. In the 60's, Lee Harvey Oswald chose a military surplus rifle (Italian Carcano). In the 90's, it was AK variants. After the AWB ended, the AR-15. There is nothing special about the AR aside from it being prevalent - it is the small block Chevy of rifles.

That said, all of the guns mentioned above are responsible for a statistically insignificant number of homicides. Focusing on them (or rifles in general) is irrational. But, nothing gets irrational soccer moms fired up like dead white kids.