Anyone else seeing more millennial homeless people?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Anyone else seeing more millennial homeless people?

Post by awesome guy »

I went somewhere I haven't been in a couple years and was alarmed by the number of white millennials asking for money. Not sure if they were just gaming generosity or really homeless. They were the most polite millennials I've ever met so they at least know how to act when they have too. I'm suspicious that they were just junkies. Shame to see so many useless lives.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
133743Hokie

Re: Anyone else seeing more millennial homeless people?

Post by 133743Hokie »

I've never seen any anywhere
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Are you talking about the "I need $ for gas" scam? I see that a lot. Don't think they're homeless at all, just drug addicts.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:Are you talking about the "I need $ for gas" scam? I see that a lot. Don't think they're homeless at all, just drug addicts.
Nah, we were on a public sidewalk and they were bumming for cash, like Tiny Tim needing a little money to put something in his stomach kind sir.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Are you talking about the "I need $ for gas" scam? I see that a lot. Don't think they're homeless at all, just drug addicts.
Nah, we were on a public sidewalk and they were bumming for cash, like Tiny Tim needing a little money to put something in his stomach kind sir.
Ok. The "In need $ for food" demo is still morbidly obese black ladies smoking Marlboro reds in my area.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

awesome guy wrote:I went somewhere I haven't been in a couple years and was alarmed by the number of white millennials asking for money. Not sure if they were just gaming generosity or really homeless. They were the most polite millennials I've ever met so they at least know how to act when they have too. I'm suspicious that they were just junkies. Shame to see so many useless lives.
Around here, yes. They've learned it from their parents.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

There is a cute young girl at my subway stations in the evenings now. Most of the homeless in SF look exactly like the people in the Fisher King movie. Hardcore junkies, all very much crazy. Those are the ones out and about. The people in the tent cities seem less crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:There is a cute young girl at my subway stations in the evenings now. Most of the homeless in SF look exactly like the people in the Fisher King movie. Hardcore junkies, all very much crazy. Those are the ones out and about. The people in the tent cities seem less crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's how they looked, only not crazy.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:
awesome guy wrote:I went somewhere I haven't been in a couple years and was alarmed by the number of white millennials asking for money. Not sure if they were just gaming generosity or really homeless. They were the most polite millennials I've ever met so they at least know how to act when they have too. I'm suspicious that they were just junkies. Shame to see so many useless lives.
Around here, yes. They've learned it from their parents.
Shameful
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Tangent: It's not easy being a legend. I had to do some bridge fishing as I blew the motor on my boat and am waiting on the new engine. The milinial beggars were people crossing the bridge, I hadn't fished it in 4 years or so, used to be all black beggars except one crazy AF white lady tbat would piss on herself and come out from under the bridge to bum cigarettes. She's a real life bridge troll. Now that area is being gentrified so it's white vagrants. Anyhoo, me and my buddy had a pretty decent night catching fish. A couple guys see us and bam, 15 people are in my spot right now. You can copy me, but you can't be me! Get out of my spot! Haha. I don't care really as the new motor will be installed this week so I'll just anchor up in front of them and hold up the monsters that I'll have first shot at as they come in. I'm the guy that people watch and then they try and move in on my territory to catch what I am. Location is just part of it so they can just continue on as they're not going to catch what I do.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

its a tax free income, many in our area have been proven to be scams, the actual bums in downtown charlotte are sleeping on the street so you know they are actually screwed, the ones at the side of the road or the highway exits are usually scams
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

Homeless, or jobless and still living in their parent's basement?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Hokie5150 wrote:
Homeless, or jobless and still living in their parent's basement?
Doubt their parents live nearby, it's one of the hipster areas that was a rundown industrial area and ghetto 10 years ago.