NBC’s Olympic slow ratings are down 25%

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
fatman

NBC’s Olympic slow ratings are down 25%

Post by fatman »

Since Sochi 2014. I remember my world stopping for the summer Olympics as a child, of course we only had two other channels back then.

Makes sense to me, viewership is increasingly fractured amongst the ever growing number of options. Netflix has more US subscribers now than cable. Losses in viewership share have even hit Soccer, the most popular sport in the world.

Just underscores why the nfl continues to see a bidding war for viewing rights, even in the face of declining ratings. They continue to amass the largest fraction of US eyeballs that an advertiser can target.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: NBC’s Olympic slow ratings are down 25%

Post by Major Kong »

:shock: There are Olympics going on :?: :o
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

fatman wrote:Since Sochi 2014. I remember my world stopping for the summer Olympics as a child, of course we only had two other channels back then.

Makes sense to me, viewership is increasingly fractured amongst the ever growing number of options. Netflix has more US subscribers now than cable. Losses in viewership share have even hit Soccer, the most popular sport in the world.

Just underscores why the nfl continues to see a bidding war for viewing rights, even in the face of declining ratings. They continue to amass the largest fraction of US eyeballs that an advertiser can target.
That's where you're wrong, when you read the actual contract, Fox actually paid pennies on the dollar for Thursday night football rights.

For example, if the president doesn't tune in, Fox automatically gets $1 million back from the NFL. However, if the president tweets about the NFL on a Thursday night, Fox has to pay an additional 250k. Once you break down the contract, Fox got paid to broadcast the NFL. You need to read UWS more. :lol: :roll:
People who know, know.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Tirico did a super job. Waaaay better than Costas.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Winter games don’t do it for me. I didn’t watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

RiverguyVT wrote:Tirico did a super job. Waaaay better than Costas.

Tirico is ace. Costas is a sawed off little twerp who takes himself way too seriously.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Winter games don’t do it for me. I didn’t watch.

I enjoy the figure skating.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.