Who is this David Hogg kid anyways?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Who is this David Hogg kid anyways?

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Why is he all over the media spewing his hate for the NRA but excusing the coward Sheriff's department and FBI? What makes him an expert on gun control laws? Have you seen his twitter feed? He is all about more boycotts for companies that give NRA discounts. How is that helping?

And why does he keep popping up in videos?
I know there are some conspiracy theories out there about the shooting (to which I do not subscribe) but there's more to this kid than him being some random student.

==============================

Stephanopoulos Tees Up Hogg to Smear Dana Loesch and NRA
By Nicholas Fondacaro | February 25, 2018 12:52 PM EST

In what seemed like an effort for them to have their own NRA smear-fest similar to CNN’s, ABC’s This Week hosted both NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch and anti-gun Parkland student David Hogg. And as would be expected, Loesch owned host George Stephanopoulos because of his profound ignorance on guns and his leftist politics. When the schooling was over, he turned to Hogg and let him smear gun rights advocates.

Hogg was brought on after the interview with Loesch and from the get-go, Stephanopoulos was enthralled with his baseless smear campaign. “David, you see there what you're up against. NRA against any changes in the minimum age, against universal background checks, against a ban on semi-automatic weapons,” he asked the teen.

“Honestly, it's just disgusting. They act like they don't own these politicians. They still do,” Hogg bitterly spat. “And what I want people to know is, look at Dana. Look at what she’s saying. Is she actually saying anything or is that just a tone to distract the American public and distract her NRA members from the fact that she's not serving them? She's serving the gun manufacturers.”

Stephanopoulos implored Hogg to explain how he planned to wake up the duped NRA members so they could pressure their leadership. “They have to do that. And in the same way that this is Democracy that is currently broken, the NRA is an organization that is completely broken,” Hogg declared.

It’s interesting that Hogg proclaimed the NRA was a “broken” organization because according to recent media reports, the Broward County Sheriff’s office had upwards of four officers camped outside the school while the shooting was going on. And in addition to that, reports say the department had been called to the shooter’s residence some 39 times with other claims against the shooter, which included threatening someone with a gun.

There were also warnings about him and his possible intentions made to the department and the FBI weeks before the shooting. But on that subject, Hogg didn’t want to criticize his anti-gun allies. “From before like these investigations come out, from what I have seen from Sheriff Scott Israel, he's a good man, he cares about the people,” he argued. “I don't know what happened in his organization. I’m not a sheriff, I can’t speak on behalf of them. Honestly, I just know that I support anyone that is trying to protect the lives and the future of America.”

“We've seen white hot intensity in the days after the shooting, then it goes away. Zero change. How do you prevent that from happening this time,” Stephanopoulos asked him. “As many critics of my generation will say, millennials are some of laziest like most critical people. I don’t think that they’re lazy. But I think we're definitely critical. Especially on social media. And we love to complain about things. We absolutely do,” Hogg touted.

Hogg then looked directly at the camera and attacked Loesch and the NRA one last time:
It's something where we're going to have to look and look really hard into what the foundation of the country is and ask ourselves, is that what we're becoming? To the members of the NRA, I want to say this. Listen to Dana, is she really speaking to you guys? Is she trying to fight for you guys? Or is she actually trying to fight for the gun lobby? She seems -- everything she was saying seems like spectacle. Is it just her tone? Or is it what she's saying?
For all his talk of “looking really hard” at the foundations of America, Hogg really didn’t seem to understand where the right to bear arms came from.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/ni ... ch-and-nra

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: Who is this David Hogg kid anyways?

Post by Major Kong »

There's good $$$ in the employment of George Soros.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Seems like your typical video empowered douchebag.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

awesome guy wrote:Seems like your typical video empowered douchebag.
What is he, some kind of Shia LaBeouf clone?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Now he's on twitter telling people not to comet to FL for spring break unless they pass strict gun control laws. Go to Pueto Rico instead.

WTF? Your 15 minutes should have been over before it ever got started kid.

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Now he's on twitter telling people not to comet to FL for spring break unless they pass strict gun control laws. Go to Pueto Rico instead.

Bless his heart.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Useful idiot.
Major Kong wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:Now he's on twitter telling people not to comet to FL for spring break unless they pass strict gun control laws. Go to Pueto Rico instead.

Bless his heart.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

He's milking everything he can out of his 15 minutes of fame, that's for sure.

I just saw an interview where he says he wants to study political science at Harvard....but was rejected from his safety school "just a day after the shooting" (what does that have to do with it?).
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

David, you're an ignorant teenager. STFU!
fatman

Post by fatman »

USN_Hokie wrote:He's milking everything he can out of his 15 minutes of fame, that's for sure.

I just saw an interview where he says he wants to study political science at Harvard....but was rejected from his safety school "just a day after the shooting" (what does that have to do with it?).
I’d hope Harvard would block candidates from Florida. That state is an embarrassment and I don’t think Harvard wants a bunch of students wearing backward hats and jorts.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

fatman wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:He's milking everything he can out of his 15 minutes of fame, that's for sure.

I’d hope Harvard would block candidates from Florida. That state is an embarrassment and I don’t think Harvard wants a bunch of students wearing backward hats and jorts.
I think Haavad crossed that rubicon a while ago. :D

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Hogg defends deputies for not entering school as gunman was mowing down students. This is why we don't let children set policy...

:roll:
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

So apparently this kid was all over the POLITICAL talk shows Sunday morning. So can we now stop with the "this isn't political" bullshit? This kid is the epitome of political. The only question remaining is, he is doing this wittingly or unwittingly? Given that his dad is ex-FBI (and likely Obama hack), my guess is the former.

=====================================================

CRINGE: David Hogg Asks Fake News Legend Dan Rather For Career Advice Live On CNN (VIDEO)
by Joshua Caplan 207 Comments

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting survivor and gun control activist David Hogg and disgraced anchor Dan Rather joined CNN’s ‘Reliable Sources’ with host Brian Stelter Sunday.

During the course of the interview, Stelter asks Hogg about his future plans, even prompting the 17-year-old to ask the ‘God Father of Fake News’ for career advice.

Credit: Maureen Dowling
STELTER: “I wonder David, I’ve been interested in your story because you were working for the TV station at school, you were the news director of the station. You have been thinking about getting into journalism. Are you thinking about trying to major in journalism some day or are you thinking about more of a political path?”

HOGG: “Yes, to both.”

STELTER: “To both. Still thinking about it.”

HOGG: “So honestly, what I’d like to do personally is I’d love to go somewhere like Harvard for poli sci or go to Northwestern for journalism. But, honestly, even a day after the shooting, I got rejected from one of my safety schools, Cal State Long Beach.”

STELTER: “It happens to all of us.”

HOGG: “Yeah, it does, it really does. But, um, I mean honestly, I wanna continue on. I wanna continue learning. I might have to take a gap year to during midterms to help out on these campaigns. I want to continue to change the world and the only way I’m going to be able to do that, the only way the American public is going to be able to do that, is through education.”

STELTER: “Anything you wanna know from Dan Rather?”

HOGG: “Got any advice?”

RATHER: “Writing is the bedrock of the craft. If you want to do anything in journalism, learn to write. Dedicate yourself to a lifetime of improving your writing. I can’t guarantee you’ll be famous and make a lot of money. But you can have a very satisfying career if you concentrate on writing.”

HOGG: “absolutely.”
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/02 ... cnn-video/

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

LOLOLOLOLOLOL Florida sucks because we sell big bad AR15s..Don't come here until all of the guns are gone. But go to much more violent, much more corrupt, much more dangerous PR. hahaha. Colleges, please pay attention- this kid is strayer material, not Ivy league.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:So apparently this kid was all over the POLITICAL talk shows Sunday morning. So can we now stop with the "this isn't political" bullshit? This kid is the epitome of political. The only question remaining is, he is doing this wittingly or unwittingly? Given that his dad is ex-FBI (and likely Obama hack), my guess is the former.

=====================================================

CRINGE: David Hogg Asks Fake News Legend Dan Rather For Career Advice Live On CNN (VIDEO)
by Joshua Caplan 207 Comments

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting survivor and gun control activist David Hogg and disgraced anchor Dan Rather joined CNN’s ‘Reliable Sources’ with host Brian Stelter Sunday.

During the course of the interview, Stelter asks Hogg about his future plans, even prompting the 17-year-old to ask the ‘God Father of Fake News’ for career advice.

Credit: Maureen Dowling
STELTER: “I wonder David, I’ve been interested in your story because you were working for the TV station at school, you were the news director of the station. You have been thinking about getting into journalism. Are you thinking about trying to major in journalism some day or are you thinking about more of a political path?”

HOGG: “Yes, to both.”

STELTER: “To both. Still thinking about it.”

HOGG: “So honestly, what I’d like to do personally is I’d love to go somewhere like Harvard for poli sci or go to Northwestern for journalism. But, honestly, even a day after the shooting, I got rejected from one of my safety schools, Cal State Long Beach.”

STELTER: “It happens to all of us.”

HOGG: “Yeah, it does, it really does. But, um, I mean honestly, I wanna continue on. I wanna continue learning. I might have to take a gap year to during midterms to help out on these campaigns. I want to continue to change the world and the only way I’m going to be able to do that, the only way the American public is going to be able to do that, is through education.”

STELTER: “Anything you wanna know from Dan Rather?”

HOGG: “Got any advice?”

RATHER: “Writing is the bedrock of the craft. If you want to do anything in journalism, learn to write. Dedicate yourself to a lifetime of improving your writing. I can’t guarantee you’ll be famous and make a lot of money. But you can have a very satisfying career if you concentrate on writing.”

HOGG: “absolutely.”
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/02 ... cnn-video/

Hey your snot nosed punk, people don't get rejected from "safety" schools moron. That's why they are called safety schools. Better lower your expectations.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Can this kid stoop any lower? He excused the Sheriff’s department for not doing their job, but now he’s blaming the FL governor. Don’t you dare say this isn’t about politics little boy.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/02/ ... ium=social