For you cord cutters out there.....

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

For you cord cutters out there.....

Post by HokieHam »

Do you still get all of Techs games? FB and BB?

I’ve got Comcast/Xfinity internet and Direct TV for satellite. The only thing we watch is Discovery ID, local news occasionally and Sports(me).

I guess we’ll all suffer once net neutrality expires..... :D
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
133743Hokie

Re: For you cord cutters out there.....

Post by 133743Hokie »

The cost of cable is so nominal and the setup so clean and efficient that I see no need to "cut the cord". JMO

And the overturning of net neutrality is going to have zero impact. Don't listen to the fear mongers.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

133743Hokie wrote:The cost of cable is so nominal and the setup so clean and efficient that I see no need to "cut the cord". JMO

And the overturning of net neutrality is going to have zero impact. Don't listen to the fear mongers.
Yeah.....my satellite bill is t terrible. It’s just not watched much.

Last thing was Sarc.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieHam wrote:Do you still get all of Techs games? FB and BB?

I’ve got Comcast/Xfinity internet and Direct TV for satellite. The only thing we watch is Discovery ID, local news occasionally and Sports(me).

DiscoveryID is the network my daughter did 2 shows with. :D She was murdered by a friend in one, and in the other a swamp monster got her. LOL
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

RiverguyVT wrote:DiscoveryID is the network my daughter did 2 shows with. :D She was murdered by a friend in one, and in the other a swamp monster got her. LOL
She needs a better agent :!: :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

HokieHam wrote:Do you still get all of Techs games? FB and BB?

Yes. If you have a a la carte espn subscription through slingTV or youtube, that would cover most of the games. The louisville bball game was an oddball CBS game. I streamed it through my tv and the cbs app no problem for about 10 minutes of the game but then they decided to cut it off. I scrambled to see what I could get it on and I watched it on my computer through their cbs sports portal. I finished watching the game on my computer. Most of the time things don't go like that but you do get some oddball things that happen. Also if your game is on the ACC Network, you may have to stream it over computer instead of through roku or some other device. I'm pretty technically saavy, so I know that I can probably figure out how/where to stream through if things go bad. Others aren't and won't put up with that. That's a personal choice.

I think our costs sit at about $85 a month for internet sling TV and hbo. Compared to the $200 a month many people pay, we're doing alright.