Dicks sporting goods to stop selling "assault style" rifles

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
CFB Apologist

Dicks sporting goods to stop selling "assault style" rifles

Post by CFB Apologist »

and any gun to people under 21 in stores nationwide, regardless of state or federal law. In Maryland, they stopped selling guns years ago with the exception of a few stores in western MD anyway. Interesting. Look for Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's to sell a lot more guns now. http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/dicks-sportin ... d=53403284
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Dicks sporting goods to stop selling "assault style" rif

Post by USN_Hokie »

Dicks was always a shitty place to buy guns and ammo anyways. They did the same thing after Sandy Hook.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

USN_Hokie wrote:Dicks was always a shitty place to buy guns and ammo anyways. They did the same thing after Sandy Hook.
Agreed- the giddy liberals on twitter- that don't buy guns OR shop at Dicks are having orgasms today though.. it's funny. And I love how assault rifle is now "assault-style" rifle. Can't wait for the next shooting with a pistol and for those to be re-labled "assault-style" pistols and be lectured on how "no civilian needs a glock"
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

I've always found that Academy Sporting Goods seems to have some good sales.

https://www.academy.com/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:I've always found that Academy Sporting Goods seems to have some good sales.

https://www.academy.com/
Careful or you'll upset the Google censors.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:Dicks was always a shitty place to buy guns and ammo anyways. They did the same thing after Sandy Hook.
They stink with fishing too. It's a hope and a prayer they have all you need. Don't even carry 8/10, much less 10/0 hooks. It's for pan fishing and 16 year old bass fishermen.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:and any gun to people under 21 in stores nationwide, regardless of state or federal law. In Maryland, they stopped selling guns years ago with the exception of a few stores in western MD anyway. Interesting. Look for Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's to sell a lot more guns now. http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/dicks-sportin ... d=53403284
Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

CFB Apologist wrote:and any gun to people under 21 in stores nationwide, regardless of state or federal law. In Maryland, they stopped selling guns years ago with the exception of a few stores in western MD anyway. Interesting. Look for Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's to sell a lot more guns now. http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/dicks-sportin ... d=53403284
Meh they're just a bunch of Dick's.

Why would anyone buy a gun there I have no idea :?: The prices are nowhere near competitive IMHO.

It's a decent place for a jock strap or shorts (if on sale).
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

awesome guy wrote:
They stink with fishing too. It's a hope and a prayer they have all you need. Don't even carry 8/10, much less 10/0 hooks. It's for pan fishing and 16 year old bass fishermen.
Even at my rudimentary/beginner level... I Have to concur. Several aisles of nothin on the shelf worth buying. Give me BassPro or Cabella or Green Top
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Even at my rudimentary/beginner level... I Have to concur. Several aisles of nothin on the shelf worth buying. Give me BassPro or Cabella or Green Top
Green top is awesome. Wish there was one near me.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
I'll go there in a pinch as they have Plano boxes and husky jerk shad, but that's about it.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

The local private gun shops will just sell more is all, not a fan of dicks anyways
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

Only a novice would buy a gun at Dick's anyway. Their move will keep, what, maybe 2-3 guns out of circulation...
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Not sure if I support the nutjobs who threatened to boycott DSG over their policy or the nutjobs who are now threatening to boycott DSG.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Hokie5150 wrote:
Only a novice would buy a gun at Dick's anyway. Their move will keep, what, maybe 2-3 guns out of circulation...
This one will hit much closer to home with the gun demographic.

Walmart to Raise Age to Buy Guns and Ammunition to 21https://nyti.ms/2t56HbS

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.