Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Way to go Blacksburg PD...

Post by Major Kong »

I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Way to go Blacksburg PD...

Post by awesome guy »

Where does he go for restoration?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

How is this not dismissed for lack of evidence? The only evidence is that the officer thinks he saw a 30-round clip, when there is a similar-looking perfectly legal 20-round clip??? The charges should be laughed out of court.

When the arrest was first announced, they made it sound like they prevented a mass shooter situation ... but this sounds like an innocent kid being harassed with no evidence whatsoever. I hope Tech apologizes to him and readmits him.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:How is this not dismissed for lack of evidence? The only evidence is that the officer thinks he saw a 30-round clip, when there is a similar-looking perfectly legal 20-round clip??? The charges should be laughed out of court.

When the arrest was first announced, they made it sound like they prevented a mass shooter situation ... but this sounds like an innocent kid being harassed with no evidence whatsoever. I hope Tech apologizes to him and readmits him.
Yep
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

The prosecutors should be disbarred

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/black ... a183b.html
Prosecutors are asking a judge to block Wolfrey’s request for the gun locker’s logs, saying Tech police are a party to the case and the department’s records should be protected.
What? Seriously??? That's ridiculous.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Lol...top men...TOP MEN.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BigDave wrote:The prosecutors should be disbarred

Prosecutors are asking a judge to block Wolfrey’s request for the gun locker’s logs, saying Tech police are a party to the case and the department’s records should be protected.
sounds like alot of CYA going on
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

I agree the prosecutor should be disbarred and whoever is in charge of this case in the police department should be demoted to beat cop.
BigDave wrote:The prosecutors should be disbarred

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

I think if you want to mess around with these things, you deserve what is coming to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:I think if you want to mess around with these things, you deserve what is coming to you.

...said no trial lawyer ever.
Jack Galt
Party: none of the above

Post by Jack Galt »

It looks like someone has a definition of what an assault rifle is. The ARs are fine as long as you don't have higher mag capacity than 20. I would be in favor of all those in Congress who want to ban assault rifles "donating" at least 75% of their wealth to purchase 20 round mags for every AR owner to trade their 30 round mags. Maybe they could convince folks like ip to "give" to the cause.

After all, it's "for the children".
"Russia? The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.” - B. Obama

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:I think if you want to mess around with these things, you deserve what is coming to you.

huh??? shooting a firearm at a firing range is a bad thing.... wow, you are delusional
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

huh??? shooting a firearm at a firing range is a bad thing.... wow, you are delusional
Sleep with dogs and you get flees. I'm OK with him setting in jail cell while they sort this out and either bring charges or deport him.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Sleep with dogs and you get flees. I'm OK with him setting in jail cell while they sort this out and either bring charges or deport him.
How completely fascist and disgustingly unjust of you.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

get help
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

get help
No, I'm good. I'm not the gun-lover alien sitting in jail.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

get help
except he did nothing wrong, hilarious as you now support bad cop work...way to go Flipper
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

get help
except he did nothing wrong, hilarious as you now support bad cop work...way to go Flipper
maybe visitors to our country shouldn't be skirting with assault weapons.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

huh??? shooting a firearm at a firing range is a bad thing.... wow, you are delusional[/quote]

Sleep with dogs and you get flees. I'm OK with him setting in jail cell while they sort this out and either bring charges or deport him.[/quote]

get help[/quote]

No, I'm good. I'm not the gun-lover alien sitting in jail.[/quote]

except he did nothing wrong, hilarious as you now support bad cop work...way to go Flipper[/quote]

maybe visitors to our country shouldn't be skirting with assault weapons.[/quote]

its a rifle, same as my 308 except mine is much more accurate. He should probably stay away from those "assault" rocks, "assault" chairs, "assault" sticks also
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
huh??? shooting a firearm at a firing range is a bad thing.... wow, you are delusional[/quote]

Sleep with dogs and you get flees. I'm OK with him setting in jail cell while they sort this out and either bring charges or deport him.[/quote]

get help[/quote]

No, I'm good. I'm not the gun-lover alien sitting in jail.[/quote]

except he did nothing wrong, hilarious as you now support bad cop work...way to go Flipper[/quote]

maybe visitors to our country shouldn't be skirting with assault weapons.[/quote]

its a rifle, same as my 308 except mine is much more accurate. He should probably stay away from those "assault" rocks, "assault" chairs, "assault" sticks also[/quote]

I'll leave that up to the gun experts in Blacksburg. They'll get around to it.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

get help
What if he was Muslim??
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

get help
What if he was Muslim??
I have no use in importing any gun nuts. We have enough here already.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Gun charge dropped, case dismissed. I'd have to imagine this kid has a payday coming. Great job, Blacksburg police.

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/Trial ... 54711.html
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:Gun charge dropped, case dismissed. I'd have to imagine this kid has a payday coming. Great job, Blacksburg police.

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/Trial ... 54711.html
Nah.

BigDave

Post by BigDave »

Zhao remains in immigration custody because his student visa is no longer valid. His asylum hearing is Thursday in Arlington.
Two questions, (1) shouldn't Virginia Tech rescind his expulsion with an apology, making his student visa valid again, (2) on what basis is he claiming asylum?