"No one wants to take your guns"

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

"No one wants to take your guns"

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Never believe this lie when you hear it coming from the left. When they say "no one wants to take your guns," they are saying "we would love to take your guns if given half a chance. We would love nothing more than to pass a law that would instantly turn 150 million gun-owing Americans into felons if we could."

The new law put forward by House Democrats (with over 150 sponsors) would pretty much ban almost all semi-automatic rifles and hand guns. This is a full frontal assault on the Constitution, but notice how they don't even care about that.

Liberal logic: "There's no practical way way to deport 11 million illegal aliens." (next breath) "We can confiscate over 300 million firearms in America."

====================================================

House Democrats introduce bill prohibiting sale of semi-automatic weapons
by Melissa Quinn | Feb 26, 2018, 4:46 PM

House Democrats have introduced a bill banning some semi-automatic firearms in the wake of the Feb. 14 shooting at a high school in Parkland, Fla.

Rep. David Cicilline, D-R.I., announced Monday he is introducing the Assault Weapons Ban of 2018. More than 150 Democrats have signed on in support of the legislation, Rep. Ted Deutch, D-Fla., said.

"Today I joined @RepCicilline and 150+ of my colleagues to introduce the assault weapons ban. It’s time for Congress to listen to the will of a majority of Americans and pass sensible legislation to get these weapons of war off our streets. #NeverAgain #MSDStrong," Deutch tweeted.
The bill prohibits the “sale, transfer, production, and importation” of semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can hold a detachable magazine, as well as semi-automatic rifles with a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds. Additionally, the legislation bans the sale, transfer, production, and importation of semi-automatic shotguns with features such as a pistol grip or detachable stock, and ammunition feeding devices that can hold more than 10 rounds.

Cicilline’s legislation names 205 specific firearms that are prohibited, including the AK-47 and AR-15.

“Assault weapons were made for one purpose,” Cicilline said in a statement. “They are designed to kill as many people as possible in a short amount of time. They do not belong in our communities.”

Deutch vowed during a CNN town hall last week to introduce a bill banning semi-automatic weapons.

The town hall featured students, teachers, and parents from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, and occurred one week after a gunman opened fire there.

Seventeen were killed and several were injured in the shooting.

Police said the shooter used an AR-15, and the incident has reignited the debate over stricter gun laws, including whether a ban on semi-automatic weapons is needed.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/house ... le/2650087

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
133743Hokie

Re: "No one wants to take your guns"

Post by 133743Hokie »

I believe this is for all purchases, transfers, etc. going forward, correct? Has nothing to do with any weapons currently owned.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

When Americans can’t own guns, the globalists will have won. When you find yourself in the Goldman Sachs gulag, with no due process, remember that only an armed militia could have prevented it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:When Americans can’t own guns, the globalists will have won. When you find yourself in the Goldman Sachs gulag, with no due process, remember that only an armed militia could have prevented it.

Foresight too far away for Pinocchio.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re:

Post by HokieHam »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:When Americans can’t own guns, the globalists will have won. When you find yourself in the Goldman Sachs gulag, with no due process, remember that only an armed militia could have prevented it.

Don’t worry.....single payer will save us all.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

ABC Panelists Argue for Gun Confiscation and Tout Anti-Gun Kids
By Nicholas Fondacaro | March 4, 2018 12:23 PM EST

On Sunday, following a week marked by President’s Trump’s multiple flip-flops on gun rights and due process, the panel on ABC’s This Week fortified liberal calls for gun control with one appearing to openly argue for ignoring the Second Amendment and to confiscate firearms. And on top of that, one CNN employee toed the company line and defended their disaster of a gun control town hall and begged people to listen to the radical children demanding gun bans.

In the middle of a discussion of the President’s turbulent week, including his about-face on backing Democratic gun control measures, former Bloomberg editor Megan Murphy seemed to demand Australian-style gun confiscations, which would be unconstitutional, to curtail gun rights in this country.

“Let's unpack this confiscation and due process. Let’s not allow the NRA to wrap themselves with the only constitutional mantel as if that exists,” Murphy angrily spat. “Other countries have implemented program toss take back weapons that are particularly dangerous that have been used in mass shootings, that have been used to kill first-graders, teenagers, et cetera. There are programs in place.”

Murphy was obviously bitter that the right to own a gun was codified in the constitution and seemed to suggest that lawmakers just ignore it all together. “Let’s not do as we’ve done so many times before by saying: the Second Amendment, due process, constitutional rights,” she ranted while touting the radical anti-gun kids that had become liberal media darlings.

Faux-Republican Matthew Dowd backed up Murphy by regaling the panel with a tale of how he had gone on a “hog hunt” with some of his gun-toting Texas friends. According to him, even they wanted some form of gun control. “The NRA doesn't speak for most of Americans. The NRA doesn’t even speak for most gun owners. The NRA speaks for a small subsection that has drawn a line that says you can no restrictions,” he chided.

Megan McCain, from ABC’s The View, was the only person on the panel speaking any sense when she stood up to Dowd and Murphy’s improbable proposal. “I actually disagree with you, Matt. The NRA does speak for me in a lot of ways. I'm a proud NRA member,” she explained as she described her disappointment with Trump’s flipping. “And for me, the sincerity of where he stands in his political convictions has always come into question, but particularly now when you're talking about things like the Second Amendment, which, I’m sorry, unlike Australia isn't going to evaporate into thin air.”

Dowd tried to lure McCain into a petty “tit-for-tat” in regards to if the NRA actually represented her, but she didn’t fall for it and instead talked about how CNN’s town hall really harmed the discussion:
I was offended that way Dana Loesch was has been treated at the CNN town hall and a lot of different places. And what happens is that it makes a lot of people like me very tribal over our guns and over the Second Amendment and over things like that. And we’re talking about situations where you’re saying, “no due process, we’re just going to take the guns and talk about it later.”
CNN’s Van Jones was on hand to put up the company’s defense of the out of control program. “And I do want to say those young people are just extraordinary. I mean you've had a year adults acting like children and now the children are acting like adults in trying to get something done,” he opined.

It’s unclear what town hall he was watching or what kids he had been listening to because they have been anything but adult. Every time they’re in front of a camera they do nothing but sling liberal talking points about Republicans having blood on their hands and NRA bribing them with blood money.

McCain gave Jones a much-needed reality check by reminding him “they’re demonizing legal gun owners.” From there the discussion was derailed by Dowd who was gushing about how Democratic Women and kids were looking to unseat Republicans.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/ni ... i-gun-kids

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

133743Hokie wrote:I believe this is for all purchases, transfers, etc. going forward, correct? Has nothing to do with any weapons currently owned.
I believe the current Democrat proposal allows for some sort of "Grandfathering" of existing weapons. But this is just step 1. As soon as this law does not do what they say they want it to do, the next step will be "Australian style" confiscation. Many on the left are already calling for it.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

If the rugged individualists are worried about losing their gun rights with a Republican president and a Republican Congress, maybe these rugged individualists are not served by being Republicans?

After all, as rugged individualists, can any collective group be better than the individual?

Is it time to cut off the PlayStation, and wake up individualists?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
UpstateSCHokie

Re:

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:If the rugged individualists are worried about losing their gun rights with a Republican president and a Republican Congress, maybe these rugged individualists are not served by being Republicans?

After all, as rugged individualists, can any collective group be better than the individual?

Nope, not concerned about losing them at with Trump & the GOP. What I'm worried about is that we have over 150 Democrats in the House openly pushing legislation that blatantly ignores the Constitution. The concern is if/when these people ever control the levers of power again.

I no more believe Trump intends to sign any new gun control laws (outside of banning bump stocks) then I do he will ever give amnesty to 1.2M illegals.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:If the rugged individualists are worried about losing their gun rights with a Republican president and a Republican Congress, maybe these rugged individualists are not served by being Republicans?

Nope, not concerned about losing them at with Trump & the GOP. What I'm worried about is that we have over 150 Democrats in the House openly pushing legislation that blatantly ignores the Constitution. The concern is if/when these people ever control the levers of power again.

I no more believe Trump intends to sign any new gun control laws (outside of banning bump stocks) then I do he will ever give amnesty to 1.2M illegals.
OK.

USN Hokie believes that gun control is really going to hurt the Democrats in 2018, so I doubt you have anything to worry about.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re:

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

OK.

USN Hokie believes that gun control is really going to hurt the Democrats in 2018, so I doubt you have anything to worry about.

It is. That doesn't mean they won't still possibly win the HoR, but it will hurt them nonetheless.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

OK.

It is. That doesn't mean they won't still possibly win the HoR, but it will hurt them nonetheless.
The anti-gun nuts are showing up anyway as they also suffer TDS. Attacking guns will fire up the right to turn out as well.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

OK.

The anti-gun nuts are showing up anyway as they also suffer TDS. Attacking guns will fire up the right to turn out as well.
Good luck.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

OK.

Good luck.

Thanks simpleton
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote: Nope, not concerned about losing them at with Trump & the GOP. What I'm worried about is that we have over 150 Democrats in the House openly pushing legislation that blatantly ignores the Constitution. The concern is if/when these people ever control the levers of power again.

OK.

Good luck.

Thanks simpleton
Wager?

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: OK.

Good luck.

Thanks simpleton
Wager?

That?