313,000 new jobs in February

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

313,000 new jobs in February

Post by awesome guy »

We're very thankful that the smart people elected President Trump and he ignores the stupid advice of the globalists.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/live-feb ... 51129b.jpg[/img]
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
CFB Apologist

Re: 313,000 new jobs in February

Post by CFB Apologist »

Just like I said about Obama's fake job numbers, I'll say the same here- fake, BS numbers
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:Just like I said about Obama's fake job numbers, I'll say the same here- fake, BS numbers
How so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

New manufacturing jobs(these are never coming back, right?), construction, etc., plus actual increase in participation rate.

My issue with the past is the touting of low unemployment numbers being crowed about while the participation rate was lowest in decades. Also, all the McJobs being created because of Obeezy policy.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:We're very thankful that the smart people elected President Trump and he ignores the stupid advice of the globalists.
That's awesome!! A couple more months like that, and we'll make up for the drop in news jobs that were created from 2016 to 2017, and get us back on track!!
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieHam wrote:New manufacturing jobs(these are never coming back, right?), construction, etc., plus actual increase in participation rate.

My issue with the past is the touting of low unemployment numbers being crowed about while the participation rate was lowest in decades. Also, all the McJobs being created because of Obeezy policy.
We have the same labor force participation story.

In terms of MFG employment, I don't recall you talking about MFG coming back in 2014, or 2015, or 2016? Again, the story isn't much different.

The slowdown in 16 was likely primarily due to Oil and Gas (part of manufacturing) - big dip in 2016.
https://beta.bls.gov/dataViewer/view/ti ... 1021100001

This is a continuation of the economy over the last 8 years. I agree, it's pretty good. It helps that the rest of the developed world is growing too.
People who know, know.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

TheH2 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:New manufacturing jobs(these are never coming back, right?), construction, etc., plus actual increase in participation rate.

We have the same labor force participation story.

In terms of MFG employment, I don't recall you talking about MFG coming back in 2014, or 2015, or 2016? Again, the story isn't much different.

The slowdown in 16 was likely primarily due to Oil and Gas (part of manufacturing) - big dip in 2016.
https://beta.bls.gov/dataViewer/view/ti ... 1021100001

This is a continuation of the economy over the last 8 years. I agree, it's pretty good. It helps that the rest of the developed world is growing too.
That labor participation rate will most likely decrease given that we're still in the initial stage of baby boomer retirement. Though the fact that people are working later in life may make the trend line less steep.
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Excellent. The continuation of the trend we’ve seen since the recovery began ~8 years ago continues. It’s one of the longest runs of employment expansion in history.