Iger gives lame answer when confronted w/Disney leftwng bias

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Iger gives lame answer when confronted w/Disney leftwng bias

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

What a schmuck. This guy knows his company sits around eating turds, and this is the kind of answer he gives when someone calls him out on it? Shameful.

And he should be publicly tarred & feathered for what he did to Star Wars.

==================================

Disney Shareholder Meeting Question
Justin Danhof, Esq., General Counsel and Free Enterprise Project Director
The National Center for Public Policy Research, March 8, 2018
I’m Justin Danhof of the National Center for Public Policy Research. I want to talk about the company’s commitment to honesty.

We filed a shareholder resolution asking the company’s media platforms to tell the truth or, alternatively, to provide evidence that the company already has such a policy in place. The company responded by using shareholder money to hire a white shoe law firm to petition the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for the right to block our resolution.

Trust in the American news media is at historic lows. Spending shareholder resources to fight against a basic request for an honesty policy will only cause distrust in Disney’s media to grow. And the distrust of Disney’s media divisions is well-earned.

For example, ESPN has seemingly become a 24/7 anti-Trump tirade network which reached its pinnacle last fall when host Jemele Hill called President Donald Trump a white supremacist. Mr. Iger, you admitted to intervening to make sure that ESPN’s leadership didn’t fire her for these defamatory remarks.

What kind of message does that send to other company employees? Just last month, Hill again publicly declared that President Trump and his supporters are white supremacists.

Also consider the February 13th broadcast of ABC’s “The View.” Co-hosts Joy Behar and Sunny Hostin – in an effort to bash Vice President Mike Pence – suggested that Christianity is “dangerous” and that faithful Christians suffer from a “mental illness.” In response, the show’s advertisers have come under tremendous pressure to sever ties with these anti-Christian bigots.

This pattern shows that the company is willing to take a reputational and financial hit, just so long as it is in service to bashing conservative or religious Americans. That’s shameful.

What do you have to say to the tens of millions of Christians and President Trump supporters that your networks have so blatantly offended and ascribed hateful labels?

Specifically, do you think that having a Christian faith is akin to a dangerous mental illness? And do you believe that President Trump and his supporters are white supremacists?
https://nationalcenter.org/wp-content/u ... estion.pdf

Iger's Response:
“I don’t know where I start. First of all, Joy Behar apologized to Vice President Pence directly. She made a call to him and apologized, which I thought was absolutely appropriate. I happen to take exception with what she said. I don’t think it was right and I was glad to hear she apologized. On the Jemele Hill issue, the only thing I have to add to that, because I have said some things publicly, is that Jemele Hill was spoken with and disciplined for the things that she said or the things that she Tweeted. I’m going to leave it at that. And in terms of your depiction of ESPN and a variety of other things you said: I know you’ve been to other meetings in the past. You and I have agreed to disagree on these issues, not that some of the things that you’ve raised don’t have some validity, but I don’t agree with everything that you said. Thank you. I respect your right to say them.”

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
133743Hokie

Re: Iger gives lame answer when confronted w/Disney leftwng

Post by 133743Hokie »

Seems like a reasonable response from Iger