Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Trump appoints first woman to lead the CIA

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: So you were fighting for our creator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny.

Is this you?

https://local.theonion.com/resourceful- ... 1819578697
I think you are projecting again, AG. How is the back?

I'm not
Got it.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:[
LOL, if that makes you sleep better, have at it. Did you ever come across an order from the state who paid you, that you felt morally obliged to disobey?

"I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice."
That's the wrong oath, you ignorant slut. :lol:
What oath are you talking about then. You took that oath, correct? Come on man, you can do it.
Nobody tell him. :mrgreen:
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
LOL, if that makes you sleep better, have at it. Did you ever come across an order from the state who paid you, that you felt morally obliged to disobey?

"I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice."
What oath are you talking about then. You took that oath, correct? Come on man, you can do it.
I'm about to award you internet points in your argument that you haven't served the state. Nice work.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Yawn. You rail about the CIA and how it's statist. You took the same oath that every CIA employee did. CIA agents derive their morals from the same place you do. If you claim it's from the state, then you derive your morals from the state.

Did you ever come across an order from the state who paid you, that you felt morally obliged to disobey?

Here's the Oath of Enlistment that you took,

"I, Guy Who Hates the Statist CIA, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Here's the Oath of Office you took,

“I, Guy Who Hates the Statist CIA, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

Here's the Oath of Office that every CIA employee takes,

“I, Guy Who Took the Same Oath as USN Hokie, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Yawn. You rail about the CIA and how it's statist. You took the same oath that every CIA employee did. CIA agents derive their morals from the same place you do. If you claim it's from the state, then you derive your morals from the state.

Did you ever come across an order from the state who paid you, that you felt morally obliged to disobey?

"I, Guy Who Hates the Statist CIA, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

“I, Guy Who Hates the Statist CIA, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

“I, Guy Who Took the Same Oath as USN Hokie, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”
1. LOL, YOU are the statist. YOU derive your morals from the state through your own words.
2. The CIA has a very legitimate purpose and I've never said otherwise.
3. Still wrong. "The google" is not your friend tonight, GoogleFanDC. :mrgreen:
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

1. LOL, YOU are the statist. YOU derive your morals from the state through your own words.
1. What words do you think I've said that show my morals are derived from the state.

2. This is your description of a CIA agent, "you're the one who voted for a spook, right? You know, the people who are paid to steal, corrupt, and even kill? That's right. You don't have a problem with that since he was employed by the government, which is the same place your morality comes from."
Sorry if I misread that as your endorsement of them.

3. If I'm wrong, then what am I wrong about? And answer the question about whether you've ever felt morally obligated to disobey an order by your state run master?
You have a severe inability to answer a direct question.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:[

1. What words do you think I've said that show my morals are derived from the state.

2. This is your description of a CIA agent, "you're the one who voted for a spook, right? You know, the people who are paid to steal, corrupt, and even kill? That's right. You don't have a problem with that since he was employed by the government, which is the same place your morality comes from."

3. If I'm wrong, then what am I wrong about? And answer the question about whether you've ever felt morally obligated to disobey an order by your state run master?
1. You stated (paraphrasing) that McMuffin's actions were moral because he acted for the state. Doesn't get much more cut and dry than that.

2. Thanks for posting that. I was applying your logic, not mine. You are the person who couldn't vote for Trump because you think he's a liar, but then voted for someone whose profession is to lie. For the record, I was never asked to steal, corrupt, or kill outside of self defense.

3. I don't like playing the "leave a trail of breadcrumbs to the right answer and then I'll claim victory" game. Suffice to say, you're wrong - and the reason why is right there in what you posted.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

1. You stated (paraphrasing) that McMuffin's actions were moral because he acted for the state. Doesn't get much more cut and dry than that.

2. Thanks for posting that. I was applying your logic, not mine. You are the person who couldn't vote for Trump because you think he's a liar, but then voted for someone whose profession is to lie. For the record, I was never asked to steal, corrupt, or kill outside of self defense.

3. I don't like playing the "leave a trail of breadcrumbs to the right answer and then I'll claim victory" game. Suffice to say, you're wrong - and the reason why is right there in what you posted.
1. I have never said that. What I said was, "That's your response? I'm not moral b/c I voted for a CIA guy? I don't have a problem with that b/c I respect the work that the CIA does.
Not surprising that you don't.
I also support the Navy and the work they do when they're fighting wars and killing people. "

I also said that I don't know if McMullin's actions were moral or immoral, because neither I, nor you, has any clue what his covert actions were. Him being a CIA agent doesn't make him immoral, anymore than you being in the Navy, makes you immoral.
There are people in the CIA, and the Navy, who have done immoral things. That doesn't make either organization immoral. For the most part, they're filled with moral people, who are doing what they do (which includes killing and lying) for the right reasons.

2. That's Derp^1000. The actions that CIA agents take are done for our national security, to save lives of Americans, from people who want to destroy us. Just like those of our military. You are part of that machine, regardless of your own personal experience. Trump's lies are just simply him lying, for no purpose other than to make himself look better. Lying about his involvement in shaving money from the F-35 program (or his knowledge of Flynn's meeting, or Porter's actions) is different than someone lying to an ISIS operative in order to get information to stop attacks on US, or other innocent people's lives.

3. Suffice it to say that you're doing what people who know they're FOS do.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

1. I have never said that. What I said was, "That's your response? I'm not moral b/c I voted for a CIA guy? I don't have a problem with that b/c I respect the work that the CIA does.
I also support the Navy and the work they do when they're fighting wars and killing people. "

I also said that I don't know if McMullin's actions were moral or immoral, because neither I, nor you, has any clue what his covert actions were. Him being a CIA agent doesn't make him immoral, anymore than you being in the Navy, makes you immoral.
There are people in the CIA, and the Navy, who have done immoral things. That doesn't make either organization immoral. For the most part, they're filled with moral people, who are doing what they do (which includes killing and lying) for the right reasons.

2. That's Derp^1000. The actions that CIA agents take are done for our national security, to save lives of Americans, from people who want to destroy us. Just like those of our military. You are part of that machine, regardless of your own personal experience. Trump's lies are just simply him lying, for no purpose other than to make himself look better. Lying about his involvement in shaving money from the F-35 program (or his knowledge of Flynn's meeting, or Porter's actions) is different than someone lying to an ISIS operative in order to get information to stop attacks on US, or other innocent people's lives.

1. Got it, you're fine with lying, cheating, stealing on a personal level if it's condoned by the state....but you're totally not a statist.

2. Non sequitur. You are the person who couldn't vote for Trump because you think he's a liar, but then voted for someone whose profession is to lie. The truth is that you don't give a shirt and are just making ex post facto justifications for your irrational biases.

3. I know the oath I took, thanks. You know how to google - poorly...and you don't know the difference between ranks. Only one of us is FOS, and it's not me.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

1. Got it, you're fine with lying, cheating, stealing on a personal level if it's condoned by the state....but you're totally not a statist.

2. Non sequitur. You are the person who couldn't vote for Trump because you think he's a liar, but then voted for someone whose profession is to lie. The truth is that you don't give a shirt and are just making ex post facto justifications for your irrational biases.

3. I know the oath I took, thanks. You know how to google - poorly...and you don't know the difference between ranks. Only one of us is FOS, and it's not me.
1. Nope, you're still wrong. You just keep making up things I haven't said. Nothing I've said has anything to do with being condoned by the state. Every single person, in every single job, and in life, regardless of whether it's govt. or private, makes decisions about how they behave and what they do. Those decisions are based on their personal values and morals. People in the intelligence community and in the military are required to make tougher moral decisions, on a more frequent basis, then most people, IMO, because they are tasked with saving people's lives. If they are told to do something they think is immoral, then they shouldn't do it. I think most people would refuse to do something that is immoral.

2. WADR, you're the one being irrational. Stating the job of a CIA agent is to lie, is your warped distortion of their purpose.

3. Bully for you. Here's my guess. You took the Oath of Office b/c you entered the Navy as an officer.
You didn't take the Oath of Enlistment, because that's not the level you entered the Navy.

If that's the case, then you didn't take the first oath, but you did take the exact same one as McMullin, and have the same moral obligation and authority as McMullin. Which is what I said above.

Am I wrong that you took the same oath that McMullin did?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

[quote="HokieFanDC"]
1. Nope, you're still wrong. You just keep making up things I haven't said. Nothing I've said has anything to do with being condoned by the state. Every single person, in every single job, and in life, regardless of whether it's govt. or private, makes decisions about how they behave and what they do. Those decisions are based on their personal values and morals. People in the intelligence community and in the military are required to make tougher moral decisions, on a more frequent basis, then most people, IMO, because they are tasked with saving people's lives. If they are told to do something they think is immoral, then they shouldn't do it. I think most people would refuse to do something that is immoral.

2. WADR, you're the one being irrational. Stating the job of a CIA agent is to lie, is your warped distortion of their purpose.

3. Bully for you. Here's my guess. You took the Oath of Office b/c you entered the Navy as an officer.
You didn't take the Oath of Enlistment, because that's not the level you entered the Navy.

If that's the case, then you didn't take the first oath, but you did take the exact same one as McMullin, and have the same moral obligation and authority as McMullin. Which is what I said above.

Am I wrong that you took the same oath that McMullin did?[/quote]

1. You can keep saying that till you're blue in the face, but you're wrong. You dismissed the possibility of wrongdoing based on him acting as an agent of the state without any other knowledge. Note that my argument is NOT that he did something, just that you don't know - nor really care. It's just an invented rationalization.

2. You can make all the excuses you want - my point remains. It's true, and that's OK - just like you're OK with liars not named Donald Trump.

3. Congratulations on finding something closer to a right answer after I left you a trail of breadcrumbs - though I'm embarrassed for you taking this long after your failed personal attack on me from page 1.

Again, your comment about oaths is completely non sequitur and you should just stop - debating with Wikipedia is boring and frustrating. We would have more productive conversations if you stayed within the realm of what you know.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: 1. Nope, you're still wrong. You just keep making up things I haven't said. Nothing I've said has anything to do with being condoned by the state. Every single person, in every single job, and in life, regardless of whether it's govt. or private, makes decisions about how they behave and what they do. Those decisions are based on their personal values and morals. People in the intelligence community and in the military are required to make tougher moral decisions, on a more frequent basis, then most people, IMO, because they are tasked with saving people's lives. If they are told to do something they think is immoral, then they shouldn't do it. I think most people would refuse to do something that is immoral.

Am I wrong that you took the same oath that McMullin did?
1. You can keep saying that till you're blue in the face, but you're wrong. You dismissed the possibility of wrongdoing based on him acting as an agent of the state without any other knowledge. Note that my argument is NOT that he did something, just that you don't know - nor really care. It's just an invented rationalization.

2. You can make all the excuses you want - my point remains. It's true, and that's OK - just like you're OK with liars not named Donald Trump.

3. Congratulations on finding something closer to a right answer after I left you a trail of breadcrumbs - though I'm embarrassed for you taking this long after your failed personal attack on me from page 1.

Again, your comment about oaths is completely non sequitur and you should just stop - debating with Wikipedia is boring and frustrating. We would have more productive conversations if you stayed within the realm of what you know.
My comment about oaths? You’re the one who brought your oath into this...you know, the same oath oath that the person/people you’re bashing took. You’re moral standing is exactly the same as McMullin’s, despite your sanctimonious ramblings.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

:lol:
Attachments
1A923A8C-3882-4120-8426-950858B8F8C7.jpeg
1A923A8C-3882-4120-8426-950858B8F8C7.jpeg (103.54 KiB) Viewed 821 times
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:[emoji38]
Damn! LOL
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Major Kong wrote:Oh that's great...everyone knows a woman can't keep a secret :!: :P

LOL!
Well played, sir, well played!
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: My comment about oaths? You’re the one who brought your oath into this...you know, the same oath oath that the person/people you’re bashing took. You’re moral standing is exactly the same as McMullin’s, despite your sanctimonious ramblings.
Yes I did, when you made erroneous accusations of me declaring allegiance to the state in your personal attack. Your failed gotcha which blew up in your face about oaths is stupid and irrelevant.