Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
TheH2

Re: And this is the NEC Director?

Post by TheH2 »

HokieJoe wrote:
TheH2 wrote:https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2 ... udl/148425

I love TV personalities as experts. Is Ben Stein next in line?
Good point. Like Robert Reich and Krugman totally aren't TV personalities.
Both served in administrations before being TV personalities. Both are economists. I do not think Krugman would be a good pick as NEC Director.
People who know, know.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

RiverguyVT wrote:I understand the sense of cynicism.
But please. Let’s keep just a bit intellectual honesty here.
Practically all of Obama’s entire team was either from the media, or married/related to Fourth Estate types.

Not sure the relevance to my comment. It's small print, but where do you see NEC Director? Lots of the communications/press positions are going to come from the press, right?

My criticism were beyond that he is a TV personality. My opinion is that he wouldn't have the position if he wasn't a TV personality. He's not qualified. One can be a TV personality and qualified.
People who know, know.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

TheH2 wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

Both served in administrations before being TV personalities. Both are economists. I do not think Krugman would be a good pick as NEC Director.
Kudlow worked at OMB before his TV gig. What's your point?
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieJoe wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

That he isn't qualified to be NEC Director. He failed a litmus test. Add to that, in December 2017 he thought the "Bush boom was alive". He's a partisan without the qualifications to hold the position. Other than that, he's great.

http://uwsboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t ... ow#p147273
People who know, know.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

TheH2 wrote:
Practically all of Obama’s entire team was either from the media, or married/related to Fourth Estate types.

Not sure the relevance to my comment. It's small print, but where do you see NEC Director? Lots of the communications/press positions are going to come from the press, right?

My criticism were beyond that he is a TV personality. My opinion is that he wouldn't have the position if he wasn't a TV personality. He's not qualified. One can be a TV personality and qualified.
Krugman is a progressive ideologue who is incapable of seeing past his ill-formed biases.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

TheH2 wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

That he isn't qualified to be NEC Director. He failed a litmus test. Add to that, in December 2017 he thought the "Bush boom was alive". He's a partisan without the qualifications to hold the position. Other than that, he's great.

I feel the same way about died-in-the-wool Keynesians.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieJoe wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Krugman is a progressive ideologue who is incapable of seeing past his ill-formed biases.
So you're going with a repeat of your non relevant, already addressed post.
People who know, know.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieJoe wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

Well, at least they past the litmus test. At least they understood what the Federal Reserve was doing and appropriate response to the economy. New Keynesian (brackish water) economists did well with their forecasts and understanding of what was going on in the U.S. and internationally.
People who know, know.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

TheH2 wrote:
Well, at least they past the litmus test. At least they understood what the Federal Reserve was doing and appropriate response to the economy. New Keynesian (brackish water) economists did well with their forecasts and understanding of what was going on in the U.S. and internationally.

That's all a matter of opinion.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieJoe wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

That's all a matter of opinion.
It isn't. Again, the biggest indication is the major response to the recession and the predictions. Keynesian's understood the fiscal/monetary response. Keynesian's understood that Fed action was not going to create inflation. They understood the zero-bound of interest rates, that money velocity is no longer fixed, an assumption that is necessary for basic economic modelling (why we need a real economist).
People who know, know.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

Read "Fed Up". Essentially says that the Fed is full of PhD economisists that forecast based on models based on backward looking data. They don't have experience with or contact with the real businesses and issues driving the economy. Pretty scathing commentary on all those Fed analysts.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

How many economists are billionaires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

TheH2 wrote:

LOL..I see the Vice President, deputy secy of state, OMB Director, National Security Advisor to the prez, etc etc... Yeah. My point more than stands, since my chart is not exhaustive and only specific to one issue/scandal under Obama. The relevance is your selective criticism on the issue at hand. Obama’s entire tenure was staffed by media-related people, like ivy on a trellis.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

TheH2 wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

You're the one who brought up the ewok, Krugman.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieJoe wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

How delusional are you? The first mention of Krugman was by none other than...... you. I'm sure that's a "matter of opinion" too?
http://uwsboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24723#p219038
People who know, know.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

133743Hokie wrote: Read "Fed Up". Essentially says that the Fed is full of PhD economisists that forecast based on models based on backward looking data. They don't have experience with or contact with the real businesses and issues driving the economy. Pretty scathing commentary on all those Fed analysts.
I'm sure it's great. Bernanke was pretty good at spotting the Great Recession, and began taking measures to dampen it's flow long before Kudlow came to the realization we were in a recession.
People who know, know.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

TheH2 wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

How delusional are you? The first mention of Krugman was by none other than...... you. I'm sure that's a "matter of opinion" too?
http://uwsboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24723#p219038

My apologies.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

TheH2 wrote:

RIF
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.