And this is the NEC Director?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
TheH2

And this is the NEC Director?

Post by TheH2 »

https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2 ... udl/148425

I love TV personalities as experts. Is Ben Stein next in line?
People who know, know.
HokieFanDC

Re: And this is the NEC Director?

Post by HokieFanDC »

TheH2 wrote:https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2 ... udl/148425

He's a lot more than a TV personality. I'm fine with it as long as he's kicked his coke habit!
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

You got your talking points today I see.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No Kudlow is an economist and yes is on tv. But it is hilarious that your outrage is he burned a dollar bill, wow
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:

He's a lot more than a TV personality. I'm fine with it as long as he's kicked his coke habit!
I'm sure there's some great lady stories in that closet.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

I'm sure there's some great lady stories in that closet.
he banged stormy daniels 20 years ago!!!!!
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieFanDC wrote:

He failed a pretty big litmus test during the recession. That was what the link was in reference to. If he doesn't understand what effect monetary policy will have he shouldn't be an economic adviser. Pretty simple.
People who know, know.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No Kudlow is an economist and yes is on tv. But it is hilarious that your outrage is he burned a dollar bill, wow
Where did I get my talking points from? He's an economist like Ben Stein is an economist. He was worried about inflation and thought gold was a good buy. He might as well write economics for zero hedge. Please link me to those talking points? If they're out there then maybe it's me.
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Where did I get my talking points from? He's an economist like Ben Stein is an economist. He was worried about inflation and thought gold was a good buy. He might as well write economics for zero hedge. Please link me to those talking points? If they're out there then maybe it's me.
the tv personality talking point, the MSM came out with that as soon as it was announced to discredit the guy and to take more swipes at Trump...... meanwhile the evidence keeps piling up that Obama and the dems are behind Fusion GPS and the their collusion with Russia.... and that is ignored by the MSM
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

the tv personality talking point, the MSM came out with that as soon as it was announced to discredit the guy and to take more swipes at Trump...... meanwhile the evidence keeps piling up that Obama and the dems are behind Fusion GPS and the their collusion with Russia.... and that is ignored by the MSM
I have concrete reason to criticize him. He failed a litmus test.
People who know, know.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

And an interesting read from Noah Smith on Bloomberg about Kudlow - written in 2016. PhD in economics from Michigan. Masters in Physics.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles ... -for-trump
People who know, know.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Ben Stein is brilliant, all else aside.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

And an interesting read from Noah Smith on Bloomberg about Kudlow - written in 2016. PhD in economics from Michigan. Masters in Physics.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles ... -for-trump[/quote

so you found someone that does not like the guy...... I bet you can find plenty of folks that dis-like Obama's appointments. Duh

It is funny that you think econ is a concrete science.... if it was they would never be wrong of course. How many were saying total disaster if Trump got elected?
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote: so you found someone that does not like the guy...... I bet you can find plenty of folks that dis-like Obama's appointments. Duh

It is funny that you think econ is a concrete science.... if it was they would never be wrong of course. How many were saying total disaster if Trump got elected?
He's an economist that I follow. He has a bit of an outsiders take, I think partly due to his physics background. I've mentioned him here before as an economist to follow. Two others would be Mark Thoma and Phillip Coggan.

It is important to have an education in economics. Just because it isn't a concrete science doesn't mean there isn't value in knowing and understanding the models. Lack of understanding of the theoretical models will lead to misunderstanding of the implications.

There were economists that expected the Fed to create an inflation problem that boiled down to failure to understand the models. So, an economist isn't immune, but less likely to make the mistake.
People who know, know.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Here are my talking points from July 2016.
http://uwsboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t ... ow#p147273
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: so you found someone that does not like the guy...... I bet you can find plenty of folks that dis-like Obama's appointments. Duh

He's an economist that I follow. He has a bit of an outsiders take, I think partly due to his physics background. I've mentioned him here before as an economist to follow. Two others would be Mark Thoma and Phillip Coggan.

It is important to have an education in economics. Just because it isn't a concrete science doesn't mean there isn't value in knowing and understanding the models. Lack of understanding of the theoretical models will lead to misunderstanding of the implications.

There were economists that expected the Fed to create an inflation problem that boiled down to failure to understand the models. So, an economist isn't immune, but less likely to make the mistake.
yes, I agree, they are a step above weather people on their predictions
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

No need to get nasty towards weathermen!
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

That's high praise for economists. Capital Weather Gang is the best!
People who know, know.
miles

Post by miles »

:lol: Economics - the Dismal Science
half a rung up the ladder from Political Science and its bastard gay lover, Climate Science.

Invite 10 economists to a forum and get 10 different forecasts, research findings, facts, and a helluva food fight.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

miles wrote::lol: Economics - the Dismal Science
half a rung up the ladder from Political Science and its bastard gay lover, Climate Science.

Invite 10 economists to a forum and get 10 different forecasts, research findings, facts, and a helluva food fight.
miles - silly redneck.

Invite miles to a forum, expect pork rinds, research findings, facts, and a helluva food fight with other necks.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
miles

Post by miles »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
miles wrote::lol: Economics - the Dismal Science

miles - silly redneck.

Invite miles to a forum, expect pork rinds, research findings, facts, and a helluva food fight with other necks.
Awww, look at you - a triggered bigot. :)
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Meteorology is actually a physical science. Economics is a social science, which gets lumped in with sociology, psychology, and the other degrees which ride the short bus. That said, economics is probably the most important of the short bus degrees.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

miles wrote:[emoji38] Economics - the Dismal Science

And they'll all swear they were right like you know who.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Good point. Like Robert Reich and Krugman totally aren't TV personalities.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I understand the sense of cynicism.
But please. Let’s keep just a bit intellectual honesty here.
Practically all of Obama’s entire team was either from the media, or married/related to Fourth Estate types.

So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:I understand the sense of cynicism.
But please. Let’s keep just a bit intellectual honesty here.
Practically all of Obama’s entire team was either from the media, or married/related to Fourth Estate types.

and that would be the mic drop