Resource Officer takes out the bad guy...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Resource Officer takes out the bad guy...

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:And twitter blows up with "see it wasn't an AR15, so only the shooter got killed".. lol
Well . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, you missed the point
If you were trying to make some technical gun point that will be lost on the majority of the non-gun enthusiast population, I'm happy to concede.
wow dude, you got so damn used in this thread.... [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

yes if he was using a muzzle loader black powder rifle then it would be pretty easy to take him out...... of course that means we would be back over 100 + years ago, so there is that
I'm OK with muzzle loaders.
I'm OK with you using only a feather, ink, and parchment to exercise 1st amendment rights.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:And twitter blows up with "see it wasn't an AR15, so only the shooter got killed".. lol
Well . . .

If you were trying to make some technical gun point that will be lost on the majority of the non-gun enthusiast population, I'm happy to concede.
wow dude, you got so damn used in this thread.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yes if he was using a muzzle loader black powder rifle then it would be pretty easy to take him out...... of course that means we would be back over 100 + years ago, so there is that
of course you are, you are clueless on firearms
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Trollin', trollin', trollin'...
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Well . . .

wow dude, you got so damn used in this thread.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very redneck

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Well . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Well, you missed the point[/quote]

If you were trying to make some technical gun point that will be lost on the majority of the non-gun enthusiast population, I'm happy to concede.[/quote]

yes if he was using a muzzle loader black powder rifle then it would be pretty easy to take him out...... of course that means we would be back over 100 + years ago, so there is that[/quote]

I'm OK with muzzle loaders.[/quote]

of course you are, you are clueless on firearms[/quote]

Very redneck

got it Uncle Fester ( as I said, unable to actually have a conversation...sad)
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:Well . . .

Well, you missed the point[/quote]

If you were trying to make some technical gun point that will be lost on the majority of the non-gun enthusiast population, I'm happy to concede.[/quote]

yes if he was using a muzzle loader black powder rifle then it would be pretty easy to take him out...... of course that means we would be back over 100 + years ago, so there is that[/quote]

I'm OK with muzzle loaders.[/quote]

of course you are, you are clueless on firearms[/quote]

Very redneck

got it Uncle Fester ( as I said, unable to actually have a conversation...sad)[/quote]

I don't profess to be an expert on firearms, cwtcr.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote: Well, you missed the point
wow dude, you got so damn used in this thread.... [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Very redneck

Yep, having an opinion and not caring about facts is super redneck, the hallmark of a redneck.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Very redneck

Yep, having an opinion and not caring about facts is super redneck, the hallmark of a redneck.
res ipso loquitur
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Very redneck

res ipso loquitur

I'm sure many brave Salemites uttered the same phrase during the witch hunt. Congrats on signaling your neo-puritanical world view to the board ip.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

ip_law-hokie wrote:res ipso loquitur
So you're trying to say the event in Maryland was an accident or you replying to this thread was an accident :?:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Major Kong wrote:
So you're trying to say the event in Maryland was an accident or you replying to this thread was an accident :?:
The results of the NRA-approved gun control efforts should speak for themselves.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:
The results of the NRA-approved gun control efforts should speak for themselves.

the kid today used a handgun..... you do realize he could not legally buy it, don't you. And darn it he could not get a concealed carry permit so he was breaking all kinds of laws, sum beatch

it is hilarious you keep coming back for more, dang son, glutton for punishment
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

the kid today used a handgun..... you do realize he could not legally buy it, don't you
OK. My discussion was not based on this case. I don’t know the details.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

the kid today used a handgun..... you do realize he could not legally buy it, don't you. And darn it he could not get a concealed carry permit so he was breaking all kinds of laws, sum beatch

it is hilarious you keep coming back for more, dang son, glutton for punishment
OK.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

the kid today used a handgun..... you do realize he could not legally buy it, don't you

FYI, the NRA does not approve of murder or assaulting anyone with any weapon, wether that be a firearm, a vehicle, a knife, a rock, etc etc etc., so what is your point?
So yes it is a great plan, kill the rights of the other 99% of gun owners due to criminals not respecting our laws or human life.....great plan
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

FYI, the NRA does not approve of murder or assaulting anyone with any weapon, wether that be a firearm, a vehicle, a knife, a rock, etc etc etc., so what is your point?
So yes it is a great plan, kill the rights of the other 99% of gun owners due to criminals not respecting our laws or human life.....great plan
I like the idea of strict liability. Have guns registered to first-time purchasers. All acts of violence committed by that gun are the responsibility of the gun owner.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

the kid today used a handgun..... you do realize he could not legally buy it, don't you[/quote]

So yes it is a great plan, kill the rights of the other 99% of gun owners due to criminals not respecting our laws or human life.....great plan[/quote]

I like the idea of strict liability. Have guns registered to first-time purchasers. All acts of violence committed by that gun are the responsibility of the gun owner.

Huh? do you use the same logic with vehicles? what if the gun is sold or stolen? You blame the owner and not the criminal for committing a crime, interesting. Again a firearm is just a hunk of metal unless a human operates it.... same as most other objects on the planet
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:The results of the NRA-approved gun control efforts should speak for themselves.

the kid today used a handgun..... you do realize he could not legally buy it, don't you[/quote]

So yes it is a great plan, kill the rights of the other 99% of gun owners due to criminals not respecting our laws or human life.....great plan[/quote]

Huh? do you use the same logic with vehicles? what if the gun is sold or stolen? You blame the owner and not the criminal for committing a crime, interesting. Again a firearm is just a hunk of metal unless a human operates it.... same as most other objects on the planet[/quote]

Different rules for guns. I blame both the owner and the criminal. They can be joint and severally liable.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:The results of the NRA-approved gun control efforts should speak for themselves.

Huh? do you use the same logic with vehicles? what if the gun is sold or stolen? You blame the owner and not the criminal for committing a crime, interesting. Again a firearm is just a hunk of metal unless a human operates it.... same as most other objects on the planet[/quote]

Holding someone liable for a sold or stolen gun is ludicrous, but the idea of using the same rules as cars, ie reporting them sold or stolen, might be reasonable, no? I mean, since you like to compare the two.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

Their policy prevented a slaughter today. How have your gun free zones worked?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:

Holding someone liable for a sold or stolen gun is ludicrous, but the idea of using the same rules as cars, ie reporting them sold or stolen, might be reasonable, no? I mean, since you like to compare the two.[/quote]

It's a good start.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:So you're trying to say the event in Maryland was an accident or you replying to this thread was an accident :?:

Silly post
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
"Technical" aka you're FOS.
I don't care to associate myself with guns, or care to learn of their details.
Then STFU
That right there is the attitude of gun enthusiasts that is making resonable discussions on the national level difficult. Smugness, and disdain for anyone not fully conversant in the minutae of various guns and terminology.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
"Technical" aka you're FOS.
I don't care to associate myself with guns, or care to learn of their details.
Then STFU
That right there is the attitude of gun enthusiasts that is making resonable discussions on the national level difficult. Smugness, and disdain for anyone not fully conversant in the minutae of various guns and terminology.
Correct.