Story on GMA this morning, teenage girl killed herself

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
cwtcr hokie

Story on GMA this morning, teenage girl killed herself

Post by cwtcr hokie »

and the parents are blaming the school she went to. Apparently she was cyber bullied and they expected the school to be able to stop other teens from using their social media accounts. Exactly how would a school stop a student from using social media? Isn't that up to the parents? Why didn't the parents take the accounts away from their daughter if she was having that much issue with them? I understand they are in pain but this blame everybody and I am sure sue everyone around for every incident is getting nuts. I think I heard in the report that two kids have been arrested for cyber bullying charge..... have these people ever been on a message board? Life is tough, no kidding

The parents are also demanding the school system have classes on empathy and being nice to other humans. Aren't parents supposed to do that? Am I missing something?
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Story on GMA this morning, teenage girl killed herself

Post by USN_Hokie »

Sounds like a story the soccer moms who watch GMA would eat up.
oaktonhokie

Re: Story on GMA this morning, teenage girl killed herself

Post by oaktonhokie »

Schools used to act, in loco parentis.

Since schools have taken over raising kids, parents act, in loco schoolis.

Now, it's just loco.

cwtcr hokie wrote:and the parents are blaming the school she went to. Apparently she was cyber bullied and they expected the school to be able to stop other teens from using their social media accounts. Exactly how would a school stop a student from using social media? Isn't that up to the parents? Why didn't the parents take the accounts away from their daughter if she was having that much issue with them? I understand they are in pain but this blame everybody and I am sure sue everyone around for every incident is getting nuts. I think I heard in the report that two kids have been arrested for cyber bullying charge..... have these people ever been on a message board? Life is tough, no kidding

The parents are also demanding the school system have classes on empathy and being nice to other humans. Aren't parents supposed to do that? Am I missing something?
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.