Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Why Black Athletes Dominate Sports

Post by awesome guy »

Alt title: Genetics and you.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
CFB Apologist

Re: Why Black Athletes Dominate Sports

Post by CFB Apologist »

"I disagree" signed hockey, 99.995% of Golf, Quarterback position, baseball, 99.9995% of womens tennis, mens tennis.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

CFB Apologist wrote:"I disagree" signed hockey, 99.995% of Golf, Quarterback position, baseball, 99.9995% of womens tennis, mens tennis.

watch the video before commenting. It is long, but they discuss that aspect early on.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:"I disagree" signed hockey, 99.995% of Golf, Quarterback position, baseball, 99.9995% of womens tennis, mens tennis.
that's a participation/racism thing.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

I suspect that most aren't going to watch an hour-long video. Can you provide a couple of sentences on the important points of the video that you want to discuss?

One factor (not the only factor, but one factor) is slavery. When black people were brought to this country on slave ships, only the fittest survived the journey and so only the fittest managed to have offspring.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

"Bad analogy", signed, sports which are expensive and/or don't exist where black people live, but the 1% of black athletes who do play the sport (Woods, Williams sisters, etc.) dominate it
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

The only real athletic (not including NASCAR, etc.) sports where blacks aren't dominant is probably swimming.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
"Bad analogy", signed, sports which are expensive and/or don't exist where black people live, but the 1% of black athletes who do play the sport (Woods, Williams sisters, etc.) dominate it
I'm not sure what football CFB has been watching. CFL?
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Yeah, pointing out QBs (QB's, coincidentally, have the highest wonderlic scores........) is the exception which proves the rule.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Yeah, pointing out QBs (QB's, coincidentally, have the highest wonderlic scores........) is the exception which proves the rule.
I don’t know what you are trying to say, but an AA QB is taking the Jets to the Super Bowl this year and that is what is important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
I don’t know what you are trying to say, but an AA QB is taking the Jets to the Super Bowl this year and that is what is important.

Alcoholics Anonymous QB?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

key points, it's simple genetics. Not limited to slavery or America.
  1. Subject isn't controversial amongst biologist and is "no duh" amongst evolutionist. Only the SJWs refuse to accept this science
  2. there are even localized adaptations in genetics. For example east africans, particularly Kenyans dominate long distance running and are terrible at sprinting. west Africans are the opposite, dominate sprinting and are terrible at distance running as each group has different muscle fiber compositions and lung capacity to suite their different enviorments.
  3. genetic changes are relatively small, but given just a .5% advantage is the difference between first and last place in elite athletics.
  4. blacks can't swim because they have higher bone density and lower natural fat reserves making them less buoyant.
  5. Genetic advantages don't manifest like you'd think. For example, soccer. You would think West Africans would dominate there too with their excellent lung capacity, but they're terrible at it as they lack coordination.
  6. Asians only real advantage is in flexibility and quicker response times
  7. Africans aren't known in hokey because it's not played in areas they have significant representation. Places IP calls a utopia of peace and civility.
  8. Genetic differences also show up in medicine and organ donation. Black bone marrow is rejected by whites for example.
  9. IQ differences also differentiate
  10. They're super clear about studying genetic differences while opposing any kind of law or policy built around the data for nefarious reasons.
My point, people's heads explode when the same analysis is applied to IQ, socialition and similar non-athletic factors. But the same delta are present in real life.
Last edited by awesome guy on Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Alcoholics Anonymous QB?
African American, the same QBs running dumbed down offenses :) haha
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Alcoholics Anonymous QB?
He’s probably that too.

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Disagree, If two white sisters from Appalachia were "trained" by their psycho dad daily starting at age 5, since he couldn't make it himself, and their world was tennis 24/7/365, I would bet you they would win a bunch of majors. After all, whites dominate that sport anyway. Same with golf. If there was a 4 year old white kid that was pushed mentally by an "earl woods" psycho 24/7/365, he would win a bunch of golf majors. Blacks dominiate basketball (Our junior pan am and national teams REGULARLY getting their asses kicked by white european teams notwithstanding) American Football, and Sprinting/hurdles. Those are the sports they "dominate". Doug Williams and Russell Wilson (half black) remain the only black QBs to win a super bowl in 53 years. White's have dominated that position at the highest level. There is no denying. The blanket statement that "blacks dominate all sports" is bullshine.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

"Bad analogy", signed, sports which are expensive and/or don't exist where black people live, but the 1% of black athletes who do play the sport (Woods, Williams sisters, etc.) dominate it[/quote]

I'm not sure what football CFB has been watching. CFL?[/quote]

Yeah, pointing out QBs (QB's, coincidentally, have the highest wonderlic scores........) is the exception which proves the rule.[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Alcoholics Anonymous QB?[/quote]

He’s probably that too.

Josh Allen and Josh Rosen are white. That's why the Jets moved up in the draft. One of those dudes is going to be their QB. I don't see them taking Lamar Jackson at 3.. lol
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
I'm not sure what football CFB has been watching. CFL?[/quote]

Yeah, pointing out QBs (QB's, coincidentally, have the highest wonderlic scores........) is the exception which proves the rule.[/quote]

Alcoholics Anonymous QB?[/quote]

He’s probably that too.

Josh Allen and Josh Rosen are white. That's why the Jets moved up in the draft. One of those dudes is going to be their QB. I don't see them taking Lamar Jackson at 3.. lol[/quote]

He’s already on the team. Teddy Bridgewater.

UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

awesome guy wrote:key points, it's simple genetics. Not limited to slavery or America.
  1. Subject isn't controversial amongst biologist and is "no duh" amongst evolutionist. Only the SJWs refuse to accept this science
  2. there are even localized adaptations in genetics. For example east africans, particularly Kenyans dominate long distance running and are terrible at sprinting. west Africans are the opposite, dominate sprinting and are terrible at distance running as each group has different muscle fiber compositions and lung capacity to suite their different enviorments.
  3. genetic changes are relatively small, but given just a .5% advantage is the difference between first and last place in elite athletics.
  4. blacks can't swim because they have higher bone density and lower natural fat reserves making them less buoyant.
  5. Genetic advantages don't manifest like you'd think. For example, soccer. You would think West Africans would dominate there too with their excellent lung capacity, but they're terrible at it as they lack coordination.
  7. Africans aren't known in hokey because it's not played in areas they have significant representation. Places IP calls a utopia of peace and civility.
  8. Genetic differences also show up in medicine and organ donation. Black bone marrow is rejected by whites for example.
  10. They're super clear about studying genetic differences while opposing any kind of law or policy built around the data for nefarious reasons.
My point, people's heads explode when the same analysis is applied to IQ, socialition and similar non-athletic factors. But the same delta are present in real life.
Makes sense. I always thought that African Americans were better athletes in this country because only the strongest slaves survived long enough to pass on their genes. So slavery actually resulted in the strongest & fastest people which is why we see them dominate most sports that require strength, speed, & agility today. Its simple survival of the fittest.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:key points, it's simple genetics. Not limited to slavery or America.
Makes sense. I always thought that African Americans were better athletes in this country because only the strongest slaves survived long enough to pass on their genes. So slavery actually resulted in the strongest & fastest people which is why we see them dominate most sports that require strength, speed, & agility today. Its simple survival of the fittest.

Africans are more athletic in general. I doubt American slavery has much to do with it.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
What? That's absurd. Further, any physical gains would have evaporated over the past 150 years over all of the generations.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
It's not just slavery. Black populations lived as hunter-gatherers right up until the time they were colonized, whereas populations outside of Africa began farming and domestication up to 30k years ago. Running and sprinting ability are obviously important for someone who needs to hunt wild animals with primitive tools. Think about it - over those 30k years, whites developed the ability to digest lactose. What other changes are there?

Don't forget that non-blacks have about 4% (?) on average Neanderthal DNA as well...
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Disagree, If two white sisters from Appalachia were "trained" by their psycho dad daily starting at age 5, since he couldn't make it himself, and their world was tennis 24/7/365, I would bet you they would win a bunch of majors. After all, whites dominate that sport anyway. Same with golf. If there was a 4 year old white kid that was pushed mentally by an "earl woods" psycho 24/7/365, he would win a bunch of golf majors. Blacks dominiate basketball (Our junior pan am and national teams REGULARLY getting their asses kicked by white european teams notwithstanding) American Football, and Sprinting/hurdles. Those are the sports they "dominate". Doug Williams and Russell Wilson (half black) remain the only black QBs to win a super bowl in 53 years. White's have dominated that position at the highest level. There is no denying. The blanket statement that "blacks dominate all sports" is bullshine.
Nobody who has seen the Williams sisters thinks that's just training.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Just one of them
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Just one of them
Yep, and the other one has never dominated her white competition on any scale. Just like Calvin Peete and Tony Finau are nowhere near as dominant as Tiger- or even great golfers- Peete was pretty good, not great.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Just one of them
Yep, and the other one has never dominated her white competition on any scale. Just like Calvin Peete and Tony Finau are nowhere near as dominant as Tiger- or even great golfers- Peete was pretty good, not great.
Venus was actually very successful early on in her career. More athletic and fluid, more powerful. Serena passed her when she went on the juice.