Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Why Black Athletes Dominate Sports

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: "Bad analogy", signed, sports which are expensive and/or don't exist where black people live, but the 1% of black athletes who do play the sport (Woods, Williams sisters, etc.) dominate it
Disagree, If two white sisters from Appalachia were "trained" by their psycho dad daily starting at age 5, since he couldn't make it himself, and their world was tennis 24/7/365, I would bet you they would win a bunch of majors. After all, whites dominate that sport anyway. Same with golf. If there was a 4 year old white kid that was pushed mentally by an "earl woods" psycho 24/7/365, he would win a bunch of golf majors. Blacks dominiate basketball (Our junior pan am and national teams REGULARLY getting their asses kicked by white european teams notwithstanding) American Football, and Sprinting/hurdles. Those are the sports they "dominate". Doug Williams and Russell Wilson (half black) remain the only black QBs to win a super bowl in 53 years. White's have dominated that position at the highest level. There is no denying. The blanket statement that "blacks dominate all sports" is bullshine.
Nobody who has seen the Williams sisters thinks that's just training.
Just one of them
Yep, and the other one has never dominated her white competition on any scale. Just like Calvin Peete and Tony Finau are nowhere near as dominant as Tiger- or even great golfers- Peete was pretty good, not great.
Venus was actually very successful early on in her career. More athletic and fluid, more powerful. Serena passed her when she went on the juice.
There is no evidence to support this, yet you and CFB take it as gospel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote: "Bad analogy", signed, sports which are expensive and/or don't exist where black people live, but the 1% of black athletes who do play the sport (Woods, Williams sisters, etc.) dominate it
Disagree, If two white sisters from Appalachia were "trained" by their psycho dad daily starting at age 5, since he couldn't make it himself, and their world was tennis 24/7/365, I would bet you they would win a bunch of majors. After all, whites dominate that sport anyway. Same with golf. If there was a 4 year old white kid that was pushed mentally by an "earl woods" psycho 24/7/365, he would win a bunch of golf majors. Blacks dominiate basketball (Our junior pan am and national teams REGULARLY getting their asses kicked by white european teams notwithstanding) American Football, and Sprinting/hurdles. Those are the sports they "dominate". Doug Williams and Russell Wilson (half black) remain the only black QBs to win a super bowl in 53 years. White's have dominated that position at the highest level. There is no denying. The blanket statement that "blacks dominate all sports" is bullshine.[/quote]

Nobody who has seen the Williams sisters thinks that's just training.[/quote]
Just one of them[/quote]

Yep, and the other one has never dominated her white competition on any scale. Just like Calvin Peete and Tony Finau are nowhere near as dominant as Tiger- or even great golfers- Peete was pretty good, not great.[/quote]
Venus was actually very successful early on in her career. More athletic and fluid, more powerful. Serena passed her when she went on the juice.[/quote]

There is no evidence to support this, yet you and CFB take it as gospel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yep, and Barry Bonds only took the "clear" while his steroid doc sat in jail. Yep. A linebacker sized women's tennis player- 100 lbs heavier than her older sister and dominating the sport at an older age than anyone in history, is not on roids. Yep of course.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

True or False: 1 for 1, blacks perform better than whites in tennis and golf.

The fact that we're even debating the dominance of the Williams sisters makes my point.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:True or False: 1 for 1, blacks perform better than whites in tennis and golf.

The fact that we're even debating the dominance of the Williams sisters makes my point.
I play at least twice a week when the weather is nice and struggle at times to keep a handicap below 18. A guy who I played sports with in high school - who happens to be black and was a much, much better athlete than me in high school - can roll out of bed and shoot an 82 with a few three putts and chilli dipped shots around the green, the first time he plays in months. I would characterize this result as typical, not atypical.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:True or False: 1 for 1, blacks perform better than whites in tennis and golf.

I play at least twice a week when the weather is nice and struggle at times to keep a handicap below 18. A guy who I played sports with in high school - who happens to be black and was a much, much better athlete than me in high school - can roll out of bed and shoot an 82 with a few three putts and chilli dipped shots around the green, the first time he plays in months. I would characterize this result as typical, not atypical.
Not in my experience and not on any major or minor tour in the world. Your anecdote is cool though. My personal experience is that I have played with some black guys that were not "regular" golfers and all they could do was bomb a tee shot from time to time. I think there is a participation element, but that's an overrated factor, IMO- with the first tee, etc. many more black kids play today than yesteryear yet don't dominate junior golf. IIWII.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

That is false of course given all objective data.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:

That is false of course given all objective data.
Success at golf can be predicted based on success at other sports.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Not in my experience and not on any major or minor tour in the world. Your anecdote is cool though. My personal experience is that I have played with some black guys that were not "regular" golfers and all they could do was bomb a tee shot from time to time. I think there is a participation element, but that's an overrated factor, IMO- with the first tee, etc. many more black kids play today than yesteryear yet don't dominate junior golf. IIWII.
I'll make the same point as below. If you take a group of 10 people and rank them based on their documented ability to play basketball, football and baseball. You give those guys 3 golf lessons and 10 trips to driving range, and the same rank will generally hold.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

and yes, you have to be a regular golfer. the guy in my anecdote plays 5 times a year and has been playing sporadically for a while.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I'll make the same point as below. If you take a group of 10 people and rank them based on their documented ability to play basketball, football and baseball. You give those guys 3 golf lessons and 10 trips to driving range, and the same rank will generally hold.
Yep. Coordination, agility, strength, endurance, etc., will generally transfer from one sport to the next, more or less.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I thought you played golf? You clearly don't.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Got it.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Got it.

Silly post
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Got it.

Sorry, I was talking about the golf game where the lowest score wins. If you think that black hackers with a couple lessons can score around the green/putt better than white hackers you are a fool. There is zero data to prove this on any level. Could the black hackers win a long drive contest? maybe, but Dustin Johnson bombs it past Tiger and tony Finau. so that might not work either. The low score wins. If you think black driving range guy has a short game advantage because of race, you are a fool.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

I assume if tennis was a big sport in African American communities they would dominate. I view golf a bit differently though, I certainly think they would be well represented, likely more so than their population percentage, but it's a slow twitch sport that lends itself well to Asians and white folks having a bit more success.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Got it.

Sorry, I was talking about the golf game where the lowest score wins. If you think that black hackers with a couple lessons can score around the green/putt better than white hackers you are a fool. There is zero data to prove this on any level. Could the black hackers win a long drive contest? maybe, but Dustin Johnson bombs it past Tiger and tony Finau. so that might not work either. The low score wins. If you think black driving range guy has a short game advantage because of race, you are a fool.
OK.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

BG Hokie wrote:

I assume if tennis was a big sport in African American communities they would dominate. I view golf a bit differently though, I certainly think they would be well represented, likely more so than their population percentage, but it's a slow twitch sport that lends itself well to Asians and white folks having a bit more success.
True. NFL Quarterback is a slow twitch position, makes sense.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Do you think that is a legitimate response to my point? You realize it isn't, correct? You're just being a smarta$$ or do you actually think that's a legitimate counterpoint?

I do love it though, this is a prime example of a PHXHokie, 8 Man Front response which is why most always hated you on TSL.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Do you think that is a legitimate response to my point? You realize it isn't, correct? You're just being a smarta$$ or do you actually think that's a legitimate counterpoint?

I do love it though, this is a prime example of a PHXHokie, 8 Man Front response which is why most always hated you on TSL.
CFB is wrong and racially insecure at best, but never hated.

ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

awesome guy wrote:key points, it's simple genetics. Not limited to slavery or America.
  1. Subject isn't controversial amongst biologist and is "no duh" amongst evolutionist. Only the SJWs refuse to accept this science
  2. there are even localized adaptations in genetics. For example east africans, particularly Kenyans dominate long distance running and are terrible at sprinting. west Africans are the opposite, dominate sprinting and are terrible at distance running as each group has different muscle fiber compositions and lung capacity to suite their different enviorments.
  3. genetic changes are relatively small, but given just a .5% advantage is the difference between first and last place in elite athletics.
  4. blacks can't swim because they have higher bone density and lower natural fat reserves making them less buoyant.
  5. Genetic advantages don't manifest like you'd think. For example, soccer. You would think West Africans would dominate there too with their excellent lung capacity, but they're terrible at it as they lack coordination.
  6. Asians only real advantage is in flexibility and quicker response times
  7. Africans aren't known in hokey because it's not played in areas they have significant representation. Places IP calls a utopia of peace and civility.
  8. Genetic differences also show up in medicine and organ donation. Black bone marrow is rejected by whites for example.
  9. IQ differences also differentiate
  10. They're super clear about studying genetic differences while opposing any kind of law or policy built around the data for nefarious reasons.
My point, people's heads explode when the same analysis is applied to IQ, socialition and similar non-athletic factors. But the same delta are present in real life.
I'm just going to pick on one of your points. West Africans are not terrible at soccer. West Africans play on many of the top teams in Europe professionally. West Africans also have the added advantage that when they're really good, the European country that colonized them gives them an out to claim citizenship with them. That's why you see a player like Samuel Umtiti playing for France. It's also why you see players like Jerome Boateng and Kevin Prince-Boateng. They're half brothers. One plays for Germany and one for Ghana. Their parents immigrated to Germany. So those West African teams would actually be pretty damn good if the players that were born and raised there actually played there AND if their parents had not chosen to immigrate in many cases. The other major factor is money. The Western World has more money to train with, build facilities with, scout with...etc. So that's why Europe dominates along with South America in world football. They spend far more $ on that sport than the USA does. The USA's issue is that soccer is not a sport for the everyman in the USA. At any kind of elite level, it is a pay to play sport. Africa's issue is that it's the sport for the everyman but that's all it will ever be due to corruption and a general lack of money and other, richer Western countries will always keep it that way because why give away your advantage?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Wonderlic
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

I assume if tennis was a big sport in African American communities they would dominate. I view golf a bit differently though, I certainly think they would be well represented, likely more so than their population percentage, but it's a slow twitch sport that lends itself well to Asians and white folks having a bit more success.[/quote]

True. NFL Quarterback is a slow twitch position, makes sense.[/quote]

I do love it though, this is a prime example of a PHXHokie, 8 Man Front response which is why most always hated you on TSL.[/quote]

Yep, 3 posters "hated" those personas and whined to Will like a bitch about them. You have the pulse of that dying community though, so congrats. You should post more over there to save Will from the impending sale/bankruptcy. Join the 4 other regular longue posters that won the policing war against HokiePHX- who posted there for 7 years. In terms of your point about NFL QB, there are more black college QBs now then ever. VT hasn't had a full time white kid start at that position in 11 years. and the preceding 5 years, Al Clark and Vick started. Bama has a black starter, Clemson, OSU, all of the top teams virtually. Somehow though, it does not translate to the NFL. Now, I'm sure all 32 teams are racist and don't want to play the best, fast twitch QB, but lets assume they are not, and whites excel at that position more than blacks do at the highest/NFL level. That would at least be one counterpoint to IPs ridiculous assertion that black hackers with 3 lessons on the range can "score" at golf better than white hackers - bar none. Absurd, not factual, and Tiger Woods being the only great black golfer ever proves that point. In terms of Tennis, whites dominate that sport at every level except the linebacker sized chick that's on roids. But yes, point out that everyone on the TSL lounge hates me to argue your point. good job.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

So what factor would you use distinguish 10 people of similar training in golf? The premise, which you've ignored, is equal training.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I thought you played golf? You clearly don't.[/quote]

So what factor would you use distinguish 10 people of similar training in golf? The premise, which you've ignored, is equal training.[/quote]

Since this is 2018, and not 1974 I am not ignoring anything. There are scores more minorities playing golf today than even 20 years ago. There is plenty of access, there is the First Tee program, there are the "tiger" generation kids that watched him win the masters 21 years ago- they are of age, and playing golf. None of them are at the top of the pga tour- none- not 1, not a few, none. So no, I'm not buying your bullshit that if you put 10 black kids and 10 white kids on a golf range, the black kids would be better golfers after 5 lessons. Nope, that's horseshit. the object of golf is to shoot the lowest score- not dunk or jump hurdles.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

So what factor would you use distinguish 10 people of similar training in golf? The premise, which you've ignored, is equal training.[/quote]

Since this is 2018, and not 1974 I am not ignoring anything. There are scores more minorities playing golf today than even 20 years ago. There is plenty of access, there is the First Tee program, there are the "tiger" generation kids that watched him win the masters 21 years ago- they are of age, and playing golf. None of them are at the top of the pga tour- none- not 1, not a few, none. So no, I'm not buying your bullshit that if you put 10 black kids and 10 white kids on a golf range, the black kids would be better golfers after 5 lessons. Nope, that's horseshit. the object of golf is to shoot the lowest score- not dunk or jump hurdles.[/quote]

OK. What factor would you use distinguish 10 people of similar training in golf?