So "terrorist" is the new word Libs want to re-define

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
CFB Apologist

So "terrorist" is the new word Libs want to re-define

Post by CFB Apologist »

Because of course all police chiefs, media spokespeople, CNN, fox are racist. They only label terrorists, terrorists. They don't use that term for white guys that act alone with no political motives. And that is racist, so we MUST redefine the term, so that newscasts after these killers are dead or in jail for life are "fair" in their description. Note: MS13 and the crips and bloods are not terrorists under this new definition.
HokieFanDC

Re: So "terrorist" is the new word Libs want to re-define

Post by HokieFanDC »

CFB Apologist wrote:Because of course all police chiefs, media spokespeople, CNN, fox are racist. They only label terrorists, terrorists. They don't use that term for white guys that act alone with no political motives. And that is racist, so we MUST redefine the term, so that newscasts after these killers are dead or in jail for life are "fair" in their description. Note: MS13 and the crips and bloods are not terrorists under this new definition.
MS13, crips, and bloods, are not terrorists, under any definition of terrorist.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

HokieFanDC wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:Because of course all police chiefs, media spokespeople, CNN, fox are racist. They only label terrorists, terrorists. They don't use that term for white guys that act alone with no political motives. And that is racist, so we MUST redefine the term, so that newscasts after these killers are dead or in jail for life are "fair" in their description. Note: MS13 and the crips and bloods are not terrorists under this new definition.
Atta boy. White guys that shoot up churches are "terrorists" though. Yep.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
care to explain the difference, criminals... check. murderers... check. organized group...check. If it quacks like a duck, well you know
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

CFB Apologist wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Nope, I never said they were. Atta boy back at ya.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
care to explain the difference, criminals... check. murderers... check. organized group...check. If it quacks like a duck, well you know
Motivation.
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Motivation.
Agree....

Terrorists motivation is terror, usually for political/religious purposes. Their goal is to kill to force others to their political or religious ideal.

Criminals like MS-13 or any other criminal gang may use terror as a weapon, but their goal is money. They have no political or social goal.

Not everyone who kills people is motivated by either...some are just sick and kill because of it.

In the end it is an irrelevant distinction after the fact.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I think of MS-13 being an organized criminal enterprise, not a group interested in ideology promotion (which terrorists usually are). I think of them being like the mafia. The Sicilians weren’t interested in making me an Italian. They just wanted $$ and influence to make more $$.

MS 13 doesn’t care if I speak el Salvadoran, or have tattoos.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

What was the bomber's motive? I haven't followed, do we know? I usually think of bombers as terrorists but I do agree that if he doesn't have a particular political or religious motive than it doesn't necessarily meet the technical definition of a terrorist.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
The white supremacist kid specifically targeting a black church? I think that meets the definition of terrorism, no? While we may wish it weren't, race in America is political. Meets the definition of terrorism in my opinion.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
The white supremacist kid specifically targeting a black church? I think that meets the definition of terrorism, no? While we may wish it weren't, race in America is political. Meets the definition of terrorism in my opinion.
His motivation as a white supremacist was to get the Confederate battle flag banned everywhere?
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

Dylan roof said he wanted to start a race war by killing black Christians. He was a terrorist.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HvilleHokie wrote:Dylan roof said he wanted to start a race war by killing black Christians. He was a terrorist.
Dude wanted a race war. Fits the description, IMHO.
Salute the Marines
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HvilleHokie wrote:Dylan roof said he wanted to start a race war by killing black Christians. He was a terrorist.
If he said that, sure.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

USN_Hokie wrote:
If he said that, sure.
He said it, as I recall.
And somewhere, the line blurs between “terrorist”...”insane terrorist” ... and “insane guy acting alone as a terrorist”

Obama’s pals Bill Ayers & B. Dohrn, acting in an organization to effect political change, bombing and killing...they’re terrorists. And O chose to launch his political career in their living room. :shock:
Salute the Marines
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

BG Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Agree that we should wait to estbalish the motive of the crime before virtue signaling that only browns/blacks are called terrorists by the media. Yes, I agree.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Motivation.
MS13 certainly employs terrorist methods to accomplish their goals, so I'm not sure that dinstinction is meaningful to those on the receiving end.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson