awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Budget

Post by awesome guy »

HvilleHokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:Rand Paul tweets as he reads the Omnibus bill.
(MB)

"1. On page 207. 2000+ pages to go! Reading about the ever wasteful $6 billion National Science Foundation.

2. Remember the $350,000 NSF spent asking if japanese quail are more sexually promiscuous on cocaine?

3. Reading this monstrous bill full of grant programs begun decades ago reminds me of Reagan’s critique: the nearest thing to immortality is a government program.

Page 226 of terrible, no good, rotten deficit spending bill.

I found a kernel of hope: “no funds in this act will be used to support or justify torture."

Page 240 good news for states rights:

no funds will be spent to prevent any state’s medical marijuana initiatives.

Thank you Congr. Rohrbacher

Page 278. (1954 to go!)

$961 million to destroy our chemical weapons. Who was it, exactly, who convinced our government to pay billions to develop weapons we now find deplorable?

Here are a few more highlights:

o $1m for the Cultural Antiquities Task Force
o $6.25m for the Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation
o $20m for Countering Foreign State Propaganda
o $12m for Countering State Disinformation and Pressure

o $5m for Vietnam Education Foundation Grants
o $2.579m for Commission on Security and Co-operation in Europe
o $15m to USAID for promoting international higher education between universities
o $2.696bn for International Disaster Assistance

o $1.371bn for Contributions to International Organizations
o $51m to promote International Family Planning and Reproductive Health
o $7m promoting International Conservation
o $10m for UN Environmental Programs

o $1m for the World Meteorological Organization
o $218m for Promoting Democracy Development in Europe (yep..the birthplace of democracy needs promoting)
o $25m for International Religious Freedom
o $10m for disadvantaged Egyptian Students

o $12m for Scholarships for Lebanon
o $20m for Middle East Partnership Initiative Scholarship Program
o $12m in military funding for Vietnam
o $3.5m in nutrition assistance to Laos
o $15m in Developmental assistance to China
o $10m for Women LEOs in Afghanistan

on page 355. NSA prohibited from targeting US persons with FISA 702 program.

sounds good —but — privacy advocates fear that NSA still does back-door targeting of US persons.

Courageous Senator Wyden has asked how many US persons caught up in supposedly foreign data base.

But Brennan and Clapper too busy spewing hatred of Trump to respond to legitimate requests.

Page 357. Sec. 8116 no funds can be used in Iraq in contravention of the War Powers Act

sounds good but . . . haven’t we been back in Iraq at war against new foes without any new congressional authorization?

Page 348 of terrible, rotten, no-good budget busting bill, a nugget that I wish we obeyed

sec. 8103: none of the funds may be used in contravention of the War Powers Act

hmm . . . that would mean we shouldn’t be spending $ in undeclared wars in Yemen, Libya, Niger, Somalia, Afghanistan

wonder why the party that talks about the rule of law, doesn’t obey the rule of law?

and I’m STILL reading. This bill is no @bradthor thriller.

Page 365:

Overseas contingency operations. aka military slush fund that circumvents budget caps.

All told, we’ve spent over a trillion dollars in this budget busting category.

Page 376 of terrible, rotten, no-good budget busting bill:

I found it! I found it! Border security, what President Trump wanted!

no . . .wait a minute section says Defense can spend what funds it dete

eyes getting tired but really someone should read this beast.

Page 392 sec 9007: no $ shall be spent “for the permanent stationing of US forces in Afghanistan”

Wonder what they meant by permanent? Some might argue that after 16 years we approaching the definition of permanent.

Page 430 of “crumni-bus:” Good news. The government is going to “earn” $350 million by selling oil from Strategic Petroleum Reserve.

Bad news is the $ won’t go to reduce the $21 trillion debt. The $ will be instead be spent elsewhere by the Federal government.

Page 447: a little over $30 billion for Dept of Energy

Wonder if anyone would notice if we had no Dept of Energy

Put oversight of nuclear waste in DOD and let supply & demand be our Energy policy

Page 485: No $ used by the IRS to target citizens for exercising 1st amendment rights.

Do you think Lois Lerner knew about this part of the law before she targeted Tea Party group

page 550:

$9 billion for Govt Services Admin that oversees federal properties

Fed government spends $1.7 billion a year to maintain 770,000 empty buildings while continuing to buy new properties.

General Services Administration database of properties for sale is not available to public, Congress or other federal agencies.

Govt Acctbility Office says govt continues to hold more property than it needs.

No matter. . .this year the big spenders still give GSA big $

Page 580:

Post Office gets $58 million but only if it promises not to close down small, underutilized, money-losing post offices.

Page 587:

No $ for the President to request FBI background report on any individual.

If we had amendments, this would be a good place to add no $ for partisan hacks in the Intel community to unmask any American without a judicial warrant.

Page 594 sec 626: No $ to require disclosure of content of an electronic communication.

Good amendment here. It would be to also protect forced disclosure of metadata, ie phone #’s and identities of the phone callers.

I shared 600 pages tonight. I’m done tweeting them for the evening. If they insist on voting, I will vote no because it spends to much and there’s just too little time to read the bill and let everyone know what’s actually in it.

Thanks for sticking with me

Victory for conservatives today is that all of America now knows what a budget busting bomb this bill is. Hopefully, today’s battle will embolden conservatives to descend on Congress and demand Constitutional government." - Senator Paul on Twitter
but but there is zero waste when nice politicians decide how to waste other peoples money......more takers, less and less givers.... yes, if the planet survives the climate going nuts we are doomed anyways, at least in the USA. Sooner or later the funds will not be there anymore...chaos to ensue
Thanks a lot Obama!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like he didn’t help in the current situation?
I thought the swamp was gonna get drained?
It always fights back
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

awesome guy wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:Rand Paul tweets as he reads the Omnibus bill.
(MB)

"1. On page 207. 2000+ pages to go! Reading about the ever wasteful $6 billion National Science Foundation.

2. Remember the $350,000 NSF spent asking if japanese quail are more sexually promiscuous on cocaine?

3. Reading this monstrous bill full of grant programs begun decades ago reminds me of Reagan’s critique: the nearest thing to immortality is a government program.

Page 226 of terrible, no good, rotten deficit spending bill.

I found a kernel of hope: “no funds in this act will be used to support or justify torture."

Page 240 good news for states rights:

no funds will be spent to prevent any state’s medical marijuana initiatives.

Thank you Congr. Rohrbacher

Page 278. (1954 to go!)

$961 million to destroy our chemical weapons. Who was it, exactly, who convinced our government to pay billions to develop weapons we now find deplorable?

Here are a few more highlights:

o $1m for the Cultural Antiquities Task Force
o $6.25m for the Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation
o $20m for Countering Foreign State Propaganda
o $12m for Countering State Disinformation and Pressure

o $5m for Vietnam Education Foundation Grants
o $2.579m for Commission on Security and Co-operation in Europe
o $15m to USAID for promoting international higher education between universities
o $2.696bn for International Disaster Assistance

o $1.371bn for Contributions to International Organizations
o $51m to promote International Family Planning and Reproductive Health
o $7m promoting International Conservation
o $10m for UN Environmental Programs

o $1m for the World Meteorological Organization
o $218m for Promoting Democracy Development in Europe (yep..the birthplace of democracy needs promoting)
o $25m for International Religious Freedom
o $10m for disadvantaged Egyptian Students

o $12m for Scholarships for Lebanon
o $20m for Middle East Partnership Initiative Scholarship Program
o $12m in military funding for Vietnam
o $3.5m in nutrition assistance to Laos
o $15m in Developmental assistance to China
o $10m for Women LEOs in Afghanistan

on page 355. NSA prohibited from targeting US persons with FISA 702 program.

sounds good —but — privacy advocates fear that NSA still does back-door targeting of US persons.

Courageous Senator Wyden has asked how many US persons caught up in supposedly foreign data base.

But Brennan and Clapper too busy spewing hatred of Trump to respond to legitimate requests.

Page 357. Sec. 8116 no funds can be used in Iraq in contravention of the War Powers Act

sounds good but . . . haven’t we been back in Iraq at war against new foes without any new congressional authorization?

Page 348 of terrible, rotten, no-good budget busting bill, a nugget that I wish we obeyed

sec. 8103: none of the funds may be used in contravention of the War Powers Act

hmm . . . that would mean we shouldn’t be spending $ in undeclared wars in Yemen, Libya, Niger, Somalia, Afghanistan

wonder why the party that talks about the rule of law, doesn’t obey the rule of law?

and I’m STILL reading. This bill is no @bradthor thriller.

Page 365:

Overseas contingency operations. aka military slush fund that circumvents budget caps.

All told, we’ve spent over a trillion dollars in this budget busting category.

Page 376 of terrible, rotten, no-good budget busting bill:

I found it! I found it! Border security, what President Trump wanted!

no . . .wait a minute section says Defense can spend what funds it dete

eyes getting tired but really someone should read this beast.

Page 392 sec 9007: no $ shall be spent “for the permanent stationing of US forces in Afghanistan”

Wonder what they meant by permanent? Some might argue that after 16 years we approaching the definition of permanent.

Page 430 of “crumni-bus:” Good news. The government is going to “earn” $350 million by selling oil from Strategic Petroleum Reserve.

Bad news is the $ won’t go to reduce the $21 trillion debt. The $ will be instead be spent elsewhere by the Federal government.

Page 447: a little over $30 billion for Dept of Energy

Wonder if anyone would notice if we had no Dept of Energy

Put oversight of nuclear waste in DOD and let supply & demand be our Energy policy

Page 485: No $ used by the IRS to target citizens for exercising 1st amendment rights.

Do you think Lois Lerner knew about this part of the law before she targeted Tea Party group

page 550:

$9 billion for Govt Services Admin that oversees federal properties

Fed government spends $1.7 billion a year to maintain 770,000 empty buildings while continuing to buy new properties.

General Services Administration database of properties for sale is not available to public, Congress or other federal agencies.

Govt Acctbility Office says govt continues to hold more property than it needs.

No matter. . .this year the big spenders still give GSA big $

Page 580:

Post Office gets $58 million but only if it promises not to close down small, underutilized, money-losing post offices.

Page 587:

No $ for the President to request FBI background report on any individual.

If we had amendments, this would be a good place to add no $ for partisan hacks in the Intel community to unmask any American without a judicial warrant.

Page 594 sec 626: No $ to require disclosure of content of an electronic communication.

Good amendment here. It would be to also protect forced disclosure of metadata, ie phone #’s and identities of the phone callers.

I shared 600 pages tonight. I’m done tweeting them for the evening. If they insist on voting, I will vote no because it spends to much and there’s just too little time to read the bill and let everyone know what’s actually in it.

Thanks for sticking with me

Victory for conservatives today is that all of America now knows what a budget busting bomb this bill is. Hopefully, today’s battle will embolden conservatives to descend on Congress and demand Constitutional government." - Senator Paul on Twitter
but but there is zero waste when nice politicians decide how to waste other peoples money......more takers, less and less givers.... yes, if the planet survives the climate going nuts we are doomed anyways, at least in the USA. Sooner or later the funds will not be there anymore...chaos to ensue
Thanks a lot Obama!

It always fights back
......and the Pubs are a major part of the swamp. Plainly obvious.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: but but there is zero waste when nice politicians decide how to waste other peoples money......more takers, less and less givers.... yes, if the planet survives the climate going nuts we are doomed anyways, at least in the USA. Sooner or later the funds will not be there anymore...chaos to ensue
Thanks a lot Obama!

It always fights back
......and the Pubs are a major part of the swamp. Plainly obvious.
Just like your beloved dems are
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Using the military as justification to sign this POS is hilarious. They need to budget themselves and cut the fat.

ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

HokieHam wrote:Using the military as justification to sign this POS is hilarious. They need to budget themselves and cut the fat.
Cutting handouts doesn’t get you re-elected. That’s universally understood by both parties.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:Using the military as justification to sign this POS is hilarious. They need to budget themselves and cut the fat.
Cutting handouts doesn’t get you re-elected. That’s universally understood by both parties.
So, we can’t cut anything in Rand’s list......got it.

HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

Trump signs it. And the swamp still isn’t drained
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HvilleHokie wrote:Trump signs it. And the swamp still isn’t drained
yea, the folks in DC have no power, yes it will be difficult and in fact the house of cards may have to collapse... so be it
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

It will never be drained.....it will take true Patriots........

TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieHam wrote:
Who gives a damn about the swamp and everyone's definition of it. We had budget negotiations that Cantor walked away from. That's a shame.
People who know, know.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote:
I thought that was funny...
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
I thought that was funny...
Yeah. All of a sudden, I’m a dem if I don’t walk lockstep with the stupid Pubs.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
Who gives a damn about the swamp and everyone's definition of it. We had budget negotiations that Cantor walked away from. That's a shame.
The guy not in Congress?
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

So if Hillary had been elected, would Porkulus have been any worse? (I realize other things would have been worse - like the Supreme Court picks. But this particular spending bill ...)
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Republicans and Trump aren’t conservatives. News at 11:00.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

BigDave wrote:So if Hillary had been elected, would Porkulus have been any worse? (I realize other things would have been worse - like the Supreme Court picks. But this particular spending bill ...)
There are things he’s done that are great. Like the SCOTUS and judges picks, reversing a ton of Obeezy’s stupid regulations, etc......but this was a whopper of a mistake. They hold all of it. Ryan and McConnell hold a ton of the blame.

They now have 6 months and this crap rolls around again. The only saving grace would be if they actually put a budget together by then that is conservative and ram it down the left’s throats.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
BigDave wrote:So if Hillary had been elected, would Porkulus have been any worse? (I realize other things would have been worse - like the Supreme Court picks. But this particular spending bill ...)
There are things he’s done that are great. Like the SCOTUS and judges picks, reversing a ton of Obeezy’s stupid regulations, etc......but this was a whopper of a mistake. They hold all of it. Ryan and McConnell hold a ton of the blame.

They now have 6 months and this crap rolls around again. The only saving grace would be if they actually put a budget together by then that is conservative and ram it down the left’s throats.
Trump was convinced by the deep state at DoD that he HAD to approve this budget or the military would fall apart. He fell for it. DoD is bloated. They dont need more money. They need to kill some ineffective programs. Trump needs to get full funding for the wall and some resolutin on immigration. And he needs to kill planned parenthood too.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

A lot of other things would be worse...but yeah, not this most likely.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
Danville

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Trump was convinced by the deep state at DoD that he HAD to approve this budget or the military would fall apart. He fell for it. DoD is bloated. They dont need more money. They need to kill some ineffective programs. Trump needs to get full funding for the wall and some resolutin on immigration. And he needs to kill planned parenthood too.
You started out good.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Doubt it. You’d have to re-elect her husband if you want someone committed to balancing the budget.

The myth that the GOP is a party of fiscal conservatism is exposed again for what they are. You’ll need a third party to make progress.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

fatman wrote:
Doubt it. You’d have to re-elect her husband if you want someone committed to balancing the budget.

The myth that the GOP is a party of fiscal conservatism is exposed again for what they are. You’ll need a third party to make progress.
Aannndd....there's that tired trope again re Clinton being "fiscally conservative".
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

fatman wrote:

:lol: Re-elect her husband who was forced into being fiscally conservative by a GOP that was somewhat that back then.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
fatman wrote:

:lol: Re-elect her husband who was forced into being fiscally conservative by a GOP that was somewhat that back then.
Using fatman's logic, Jewish concentration camp victims weren't starved, they were just committed to anorexia!