Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Budget

Post by ip_law-hokie »

fatman wrote:
BigDave wrote:So if Hillary had been elected, would Porkulus have been any worse? (I realize other things would have been worse - like the Supreme Court picks. But this particular spending bill ...)
Doubt it. You’d have to re-elect her husband if you want someone committed to balancing the budget.

The myth that the GOP is a party of fiscal conservatism is exposed again for what they are. You’ll need a third party to make progress.
Correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
fatman wrote:
BigDave wrote:So if Hillary had been elected, would Porkulus have been any worse? (I realize other things would have been worse - like the Supreme Court picks. But this particular spending bill ...)
Doubt it. You’d have to re-elect her husband if you want someone committed to balancing the budget.

The myth that the GOP is a party of fiscal conservatism is exposed again for what they are. You’ll need a third party to make progress.
Correct.

You guys a quite the troll team. We're going to have to start calling you Jake, IP (Nolan can be the pet bulldog).

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
fatman wrote:

Correct.

You guys a quite the troll team. We're going to have to start calling you Jake, IP (Nolan can be the pet bulldog).

You are what your record says.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
fatman wrote:

Correct.

My notes say perjurer and intern didler.
fatman

Post by fatman »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
fatman wrote:

Correct.

My notes say perjurer and intern didler.
That’s fair. He was an adulterer, probably still is, and the only POTUS in my lifetime to have a balanced budget*.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Hmm.... What is this....
In accordance with section 7058(d) of division K of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018 (H.R. 1625; the “Act”), I hereby designate as an emergency requirement all funding so designated by the Congress in the Act pursuant to section 251(b)(2)(A) of the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985, for the accounts referenced in section 7058(d).

The details of this action are set forth in the enclosed memorandum from the Director of the Office of Management and Budget.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st ... senate-21/
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:Hmm.... What is this....
In accordance with section 7058(d) of division K of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018 (H.R. 1625; the “Act”), I hereby designate as an emergency requirement all funding so designated by the Congress in the Act pursuant to section 251(b)(2)(A) of the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985, for the accounts referenced in section 7058(d).

The details of this action are set forth in the enclosed memorandum from the Director of the Office of Management and Budget.

What is 7058(d)?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:

What is 7058(d)?
Section in the omnibus bill which lets the President re-purpose funds. I'm not sure what the impact is yet.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

and the only POTUS in my lifetime to have a balanced budget*.
*Because a GOP controlled Congress forced it.....
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

What is 7058(d)?
Section in the omnibus bill which lets the President re-purpose funds. I'm not sure what the impact is yet.
Well, he tweeted(lol) that the wall is national defense.....so.....I’m guessing. We’ll see.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Repurposed funds for global health initiatives which must be requested in writing for the president to use (p. 1494)
fatman

Post by fatman »

HokieHam wrote:
This is the same manner of myth. Clinton increased revenue collection (which the GOP incorrectly tells their followers kill the economy... Only to usher in a record period of economic growth, employment, uber-bull market) while he was paired with a dem congress. He collaborated with congress on spending, with Clinton pushing thru much needed cuts to DOD over shrill opposition from the fiscally liberal GOP who still wrongly accuse Clinton of "gutting the DOD" when he cut spending. You guys are intellectually dishonest on this topic. Do a search for "Clinton gutted the military" on google and you'll get millions of hits from the type of publications upstate links here every day shrilly talking about the dire consequences of clintons budget/spending cuts. You are really trying to say every conservative has been wrong for 20 years and that gutting of the military was solely pushed thru by the GOP congress.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

fatman wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
This is the same manner of myth. Clinton increased revenue collection (which the GOP incorrectly tells their followers kill the economy... Only to usher in a record period of economic growth, employment, uber-bull market) while he was paired with a dem congress. He collaborated with congress on spending, with Clinton pushing thru much needed cuts to DOD over shrill opposition from the fiscally liberal GOP who still wrongly accuse Clinton of "gutting the DOD" when he cut spending. You guys are intellectually dishonest on this topic. Do a search for "Clinton gutted the military" on google and you'll get millions of hits from the type of publications upstate links here every day shrilly talking about the dire consequences of clintons budget/spending cuts. You are really trying to say every conservative has been wrong for 20 years and that gutting of the military was solely pushed thru by the GOP congress.

:lol:
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

fatman wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
LOL, hilarious!
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
fatman wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Truth.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Sort of explains what may be going on. If so, ballsy.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... l_now.html
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
fatman wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Truth.

Lies.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

fatman wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

LOL
I’m reminded of Sam Kinnison, in Back to School....”thaaaaats onnnne version, I suppooooose....”
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieJoe wrote:
fatman wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Seriously. Billy gave us 9/11. And what did THAT end up costing us? Traitor bastard should be in jail.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

133743Hokie wrote:Sort of explains what may be going on. If so, ballsy.

I think that’s what is going to happen...but gosh. What a crap budget.
Salute the Marines
ElbertoHokie
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:

I think that's wishful thinking. This budget is only good for six months time. Lets say the house flips over in the mid-terms(very plausible), couldn't the next congress eliminate the previous allocation and defund things like the wall? No one is going to be able to build the wall in its entirety in 6 months.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

I think that's wishful thinking. This budget is only good for six months time. Lets say the house flips over in the mid-terms(very plausible), couldn't the next congress eliminate the previous allocation and defund things like the wall? No one is going to be able to build the wall in its entirety in 6 months.
all if congress flip? wasn't Thunder thighs projected to win until midnight of election day. I love the fact the dems are gloating they will get both houses of congress... it will bring out the voters for the repubs
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

That is wishful thinking from you. Military and other items are long term in the budget. It's not all a 6 month can kicking type of budget.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ElbertoHokie
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

That is wishful thinking from you. Military and other items are long term in the budget. It's not all a 6 month can kicking type of budget.
Yes but it's reasonable to assume this could all go the way of Obamacare and just get totally defunded. If it happened to Obamacare I'm assuming it can happen to the wall.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

all if congress flip? wasn't Thunder thighs projected to win until midnight of election day. I love the fact the dems are gloating they will get both houses of congress... it will bring out the voters for the repubs
He said House.