Be Civil. Go Hokies.
133743Hokie

Re: Budget

Post by 133743Hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:Sort of explains what may be going on. If so, ballsy.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... l_now.html
I think that’s what is going to happen...but gosh. What a crap budget.

I think that's wishful thinking. This budget is only good for six months time. Lets say the house flips over in the mid-terms(very plausible), couldn't the next congress eliminate the previous allocation and defund things like the wall? No one is going to be able to build the wall in its entirety in 6 months.
That is wishful thinking from you. Military and other items are long term in the budget. It's not all a 6 month can kicking type of budget.
Yes but it's reasonable to assume this could all go the way of Obamacare and just get totally defunded. If it happened to Obamacare I'm assuming it can happen to the wall.
Once he claims the money I don't think there is anything congress can do about it.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:Sort of explains what may be going on. If so, ballsy.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... l_now.html
I think that’s what is going to happen...but gosh. What a crap budget.

I think that's wishful thinking. This budget is only good for six months time. Lets say the house flips over in the mid-terms(very plausible), couldn't the next congress eliminate the previous allocation and defund things like the wall? No one is going to be able to build the wall in its entirety in 6 months.
That is wishful thinking from you. Military and other items are long term in the budget. It's not all a 6 month can kicking type of budget.
Yes but it's reasonable to assume this could all go the way of Obamacare and just get totally defunded. If it happened to Obamacare I'm assuming it can happen to the wall.
Once he claims the money I don't think there is anything congress can do about it.
If the money get allocated to contracts and they are put in place in the next six months I doubt they could do anything then as they would face either big penalties for killing the contracts or having to pay out the contract in full
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Govt construction contracts are not written in such a way that... if cancelled by the govt...full contract price is paid out. Most Ive read have the "convenience" clause.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:Govt construction contracts are not written in such a way that... if cancelled by the govt...full contract price is paid out. Most Ive read have the "convenience" clause.
In NC they are putting in toll lanes on I-77 from Charlotte north past Lake Norman, the contract is with a private company as the state did not have the money to build it themselves. The morons at Lake Norman hate the plan and even though the project is about 70-75% done are screaming daily to nullify the deal. So the brain trust of NC gov. finally got together and had a lawyer and acct look at the situation. To cancel the contract as of now the state would have to pay $340,000,000 to the company that holds the contract with the state and would have to re-permit the project and start with another contractor and cost an additional like 300 mil and prob not finish it until 2025. Even the NC state officials were not dumb enough to go that route.

I can understand for some contracts but for one that materials has to be built for it and construction done I doubt you get any builder to sign it if it can just be cancelled with no financial penalties or payout as part of it.