Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Poor Michael...racist elderly paraplegics this time

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/03/2 ... wl-51.html

Need to make sure those millionaires kneel to protest the society that that uses 66 year old paraplegics to keep them down.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Poor Michael...racist elderly paraplegics this time

Post by USN_Hokie »

"... 66-year-old paraplegic woman working as a security guard..."

What?
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:"... 66-year-old paraplegic woman working as a security guard..."

What?
Yeah. A little BS all around. Bennett is a punk, but this isn’t worth prosecuting to this extent. And Grandma needs to be sent over to Walmart to be a greeter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

People in wheelchairs should not be security guards at the Super Bowl.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Vienna_Hokie

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

Wow...only two posts to start blaming the victim rather than the racist criminal who attacked her.

That's amazing even for UWS
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:Wow...only two posts to start blaming the victim rather than the racist criminal who attacked her.

Grandma should be working at Walmart if she’s that broke or bored.

Jack Galt
Party: none of the above

Post by Jack Galt »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:"... 66-year-old paraplegic woman working as a security guard..."

What?
Yeah. A little BS all around. Bennett is a punk, but this isn’t worth prosecuting to this extent. And Grandma needs to be sent over to Walmart to be a greeter.

Unbelievable. You have a "You Can Play" avatar, but you're really just an ableist, ageist bigot.
"Russia? The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.” - B. Obama

Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

Why are you against hiring the disabled? I’m sure she was your standard usher/yellow pullover security guard. They aren’t in charge of security, they’re only there to report bad behavior to the proper authority. So, you’re ok with Bennet injuring this person while not following repeated requests to enter the field from another section? Darn, if she would have just been an illegal alien, you’d have had more empathy.
nolanvt wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:Wow...only two posts to start blaming the victim rather than the racist criminal who attacked her.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:Why are you against hiring the disabled? I’m sure she was your standard usher/yellow pullover security guard. They aren’t in charge of security, they’re only there to report bad behavior to the proper authority. So, you’re ok with Bennet injuring this person while not following repeated requests to enter the field from another section? Darn, if she would have just been an illegal alien, you’d have had more empathy.
nolanvt wrote:

You’re confusing me with someone else. I don’t think what Bennett did was okay.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Jack Galt wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

What?

Unbelievable. You have a "You Can Play" avatar, but you're really just an ableist, ageist bigot.
Assuming this is sarcasm. [emoji106]

Vienna_Hokie

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

Jack Galt wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

What?

No...he just likes to find anyone to blame other than members of the protected classes when they do wrong.
Jack Galt

Post by Jack Galt »

nolanvt wrote:
Jack Galt wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

What?

Absolutely not sarcasm. Maybe you should re-read what you wrote. Hypocritical much?
"Russia? The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.” - B. Obama

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Jack Galt wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Jack Galt wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

What?

Absolutely not sarcasm. Maybe you should re-read what you wrote. Hypocritical much?
What’s wrong with what I said?

Vienna_Hokie

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
Jack Galt wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Jack Galt wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

What?

Why is what you said any different than saying a gay guy in the same situation should go back to work at a hair salon?
VTDante
Party: Libertarian

Post by VTDante »

nolanvt wrote:

What?

Or left tackle for the Giants.
Jack Galt

Post by Jack Galt »

nolanvt wrote: Grandma should be working at Walmart if she’s that broke or bored.

And Grandma needs to be sent over to Walmart to be a greeter.

From the story, we know that the victim is a 66-year-old paraplegic woman working as a security guard. Yet, twice, you wrote that Grandma (ageism) should be working at Walmart, implying a paraplegic (ableism) can't be a security guard. Your own statements show your bigotry.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Jack Galt wrote:
nolanvt wrote: Grandma should be working at Walmart if she’s that broke or bored.

From the story, we know that the victim is a 66-year-old paraplegic woman working as a security guard. Yet, twice, you wrote that Grandma (ageism) should be working at Walmart, implying a paraplegic (ableism) can't be a security guard. Your own statements show your bigotry.
You’re entitled to your opinion, but I prefer my security guards to be able and not eligible for social security, even if it’s a lower capacity of security. That’s not a bigoted rationale.

Jack Galt

Post by Jack Galt »

nolanvt wrote:
Jack Galt wrote:

You’re entitled to your opinion, but I prefer my security guards to be able and not eligible for social security, even if it’s a lower capacity of security. That’s not a bigoted rationale.

So you know what her duties were, and have therefore judged her fitness to perform those duties. Got it.

But, please, go on supporting your bigotry.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

nolanvt wrote:
Jack Galt wrote:

You Can’t Play.....
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Jack Galt wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Jack Galt wrote:

So you know what her duties were, and have therefore judged her fitness to perform those duties. Got it.

At the Super Bowl, I want my ticket/security personnel to be able to perform their jobs, and I won’t let SJWs deter me of such opinions.

Jack Galt

Post by Jack Galt »

nolanvt wrote:
Jack Galt wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Jack Galt wrote:

At the Super Bowl, I want my ticket/security personnel to be able to perform their jobs, and I won’t let SJWs deter me of such opinions.

So what were her duties? You seem to know.

Glad to see you digging in deeper with your bigotry.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

nolanvt wrote:
Jack Galt wrote:

And I prefer the people making my food (say, a cake) to be practicing Christians.

:roll:
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

VTDante wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

What?

Or left tackle for the Giants.

LOL

Well played. 8-)
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Good grief ... there's a difference between the "bouncer" type security guard vs the "greeter" type security guard. A lot of times, security guards are just there for the purpose of having a presence and they aren't actually expected to physically confront anyone. Her job was to sit there and tell people the right path to use. Michael Bennett instead chose to assault her. He most certainly should be charged.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

BigDave wrote:Good grief ... there's a difference between the "bouncer" type security guard vs the "greeter" type security guard. A lot of times, security guards are just there for the purpose of having a presence and they aren't actually expected to physically confront anyone. Her job was to sit there and tell people the right path to use. Michael Bennett instead chose to assault her. He most certainly should be charged.
If she had not been disabled would she have been able to prevent him from going where he wasn't supposed to? And if not physically prevent him, at least provide some semblance of visual resistance or pushback? Was this ultimately her job? Or was her job just to verbally tell him which way to go and where he couldn't go and no more?