Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

New Jersey set to strengthen gun control

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Good stuff.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/20 ... _laws.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Re: New Jersey set to strengthen gun control

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Good stuff.

I'll take laws which get shot down after judicial review for $1000 Alex.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Umm you sure it's "good stuff"?? all of the laws below in the NJ proposal have been in efffect in Maryland since 2013, and there is record gun crime in Baltimore and PG county now- record levels. So if you want more gun crime in NJ, I guess it is "good stuff".. lol.

A2758, which would strictly define that state residents need to show a "justifiable need" to obtain a permit to carry a handgun -- meaning they must show they face a specific threat to their own safety.
* A2757, which would require all private gun sales in the state to go through a licensed dealer who can perform an additional background check at the point of sale.
* A2759, which would create an outright ban in the state on possessing armor-piercing bullets.
* A2761, which would ban magazines in the state that hold more than 10 rounds, with some exceptions.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

NJ gun laws are already some of the most unreasonable in the US.
Do you really think this will save lives?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

RiverguyVT wrote:NJ gun laws are already some of the most unreasonable in the US.
Oh, of course.. se if you limit magazines to 10 rounds, insane killers will only go into schools and kill 10 people, instead of 17, because of course a 10 round clip can't be exchanged in a millisecond for another 10 rounds. All these laws do is target law abiding gun owners and make liberals "feel" good. They don't GAF about how Trenton and Jersey City are unlivable crime holes to anyone with options in life, nope. It's all about taking guns from "rednecks"
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:

Umm you sure it's "good stuff"?? all of the laws below in the NJ proposal have been in efffect in Maryland since 2013, and there is record gun crime in Baltimore and PG county now- record levels. So if you want more gun crime in NJ, I guess it is "good stuff".. lol.

A2758, which would strictly define that state residents need to show a "justifiable need" to obtain a permit to carry a handgun -- meaning they must show they face a specific threat to their own safety.
* A2757, which would require all private gun sales in the state to go through a licensed dealer who can perform an additional background check at the point of sale.
* A2759, which would create an outright ban in the state on possessing armor-piercing bullets.
* A2761, which would ban magazines in the state that hold more than 10 rounds, with some exceptions.
I’m good with it.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

I’m good with it.

of course you are, you are clueless so it seems great to you. Of course you also ignore all the good points being made by people with knowledge. It appears to me they create more hassle for law abiding people, more gov. hassle is a good thing for you...that says alot about you and it is not good.

More people will not live in Jersey, so that is good I guess
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

I’m good with it.

of course you are, you are clueless so it seems great to you. Of course you also ignore all the good points being made by people with knowledge. It appears to me they create more hassle for law abiding people, more gov. hassle is a good thing for you...that says alot about you and it is not good.

Got it!

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

I’m good with it.

Got it!

As BigDave says it is an interesting topic, sadly the person that started the thread does not have the ability to discuss a topic
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

I’m good with it.

Feel good measures that won't reduce school shootings or gun crime. Yep, figures you are good with it.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

I’m good with it.

Got it!

As BigDave says it is an interesting topic, sadly the person that started the thread does not have the ability to discuss a topic
That sucks.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

I’m good with it.

Feel good measures that won't reduce school shootings or gun crime. Yep, figures you are good with it.
What’s the latest on reciprocity? Stuff like this must be a pain for the packers.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

I’m good with it.

What’s the latest on reciprocity? Stuff like this must be a pain for the packers.

you should probably read the articles in USN's post about the Gun March reactions, good knowledge for you. Per the article 51 people die by lightning strikes every year in the USA, since 2013 about 42 people have been killed in mass school shootings, so your chances of getting killed by lightning are approx. 5 times your chances of getting gunned down while at a public school.

But yea, we need more useless laws and that will stop people that have ZERO care about human life :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

I’m good with it.

National reciprocity will pass before national age limit of 21 will. Will likely pass before an AR15 ban will too. Tough break for the anti freedom crowd
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

I’m good with it.

National reciprocity will pass before national age limit of 21 will. Will likely pass before an AR15 ban will too. Tough break for the anti freedom crowd
Thanks for the info. When is it coming to a vote?

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Thanks for the info. When is it coming to a vote?

It's already passed the House on 12/07/2017 delivered to the Senate...as of March 14th it's in the Senate Judiciary Committee.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Feel good legislation.

Hey, at least we're doing something. It's stupid, it won't work, it's unconstitutional...but it proves we care.

RiverguyVT wrote:NJ gun laws are already some of the most unreasonable in the US.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:Feel good legislation.

Hey, at least we're doing something. It's stupid, it won't work, it's unconstitutional...but it proves we care.

I disagree that the measures are unconstitutional.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

Do you think the legislation will save lives?
Salute the Marines
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Not sure. If I were a resident of NJ, I would find that the benefits outweigh the harm and support the measures.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Not sure. If I were a resident of NJ, I would find that the benefits outweigh the harm and support the measures.
Was not aware that criminals care about the laws, law abiding folks will totally disagree with your statement. But it is ok, you are clueless so you have no idea what you are talking about
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Was not aware that criminals care about the laws, law abiding folks will totally disagree with your statement. But it is ok, you are clueless so you have no idea what you are talking about
OK.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

[/quote]

I disagree that the measures are unconstitutional.[/quote]

Do you think the legislation will save lives?[/quote]

Not sure. If I were a resident of NJ, I would find that the benefits outweigh the harm and support the measures.[/quote]

Was not aware that criminals care about the laws, law abiding folks will totally disagree with your statement. But it is ok, you are clueless so you have no idea what you are talking about[/quote]

OK.[/quote]

got it
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

It won’t. It never does. But you Got It. Not sure what you’ve got, but you need to have it checked. Have your blind spot checked too....
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

What benefits?
Salute the Marines