Retired Liberal Activist Supreme Court Judge: Repeal the 2A

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Retired Liberal Activist Supreme Court Judge: Repeal the 2A

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Wow, its terrifying to think that someone with this level of ignorance and disrespect for the right to keep & bear arms was on the SCOTUS. I can only hope that these comments of those of a man going senile.

=============================================

If Begins… Retired Liberal Supreme Court Judge: Repeal the Second Amendment
by Jim Hoft March 27, 2018 0 Comments

Retired Supreme Court Judge John Paul Stevens wrote an oped Tuesday in the New York Times calling for the repeal of the Second Amendment of the US Constitution.
Second Amendment: A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Liberal judge Stevens wants the Second Amendment repealed.
Via The New York Times:
Rarely in my lifetime have I seen the type of civic engagement schoolchildren and their supporters demonstrated in Washington and other major cities throughout the country this past Saturday. These demonstrations demand our respect. They reveal the broad public support for legislation to minimize the risk of mass killings of schoolchildren and others in our society.

That support is a clear sign to lawmakers to enact legislation prohibiting civilian ownership of semiautomatic weapons, increasing the minimum age to buy a gun from 18 to 21 years old, and establishing more comprehensive background checks on all purchasers of firearms. But the demonstrators should seek more effective and more lasting reform. They should demand a repeal of the Second Amendment.

Concern that a national standing army might pose a threat to the security of the separate states led to the adoption of that amendment, which provides that “a well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” Today that concern is a relic of the 18th century.
Here’s a history lesson on gun confiscation.
dV1aYxCzepI

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
CFB Apologist

Re: Retired Liberal Activist Supreme Court Judge: Repeal the

Post by CFB Apologist »

"NOBODY IS COMING FOR YOUR GUNS YOU SCARED REDNECK".. lol- literally everyone on the left is coming for your guns.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:"NOBODY IS COMING FOR YOUR GUNS YOU SCARED REDNECK".. lol- literally everyone on the left is coming for your guns.

these morons on the left are way overplaying their hands, they will galvinize those that believe our country should remain a free country
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

It's even worse when you realize they only think the 2A protects your right to hunt or serve in the national guard.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

He's still alive :?:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:It's even worse when you realize they only think the 2A protects your right to hunt or serve in the national guard.
I agree that the second amendment allows for the right to serve in the national guard with firearms, under certain conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:It's even worse when you realize they only think the 2A protects your right to hunt or serve in the national guard.
I agree that the second amendment allows for the right to serve in the national guard with firearms, under certain conditions.

got it, clueless post
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

got it, clueless post
Not a very good way to start a respectful conversation, cwtcr.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

got it, clueless post
Physician, heal thy self.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

got it, clueless post
got it
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

Natural rights aren't dished out by government. The 2A doesn't "allow" anything and natural rights are completely unreliant on government institutions like a national guard.

Blackstone understood what the 2A meant in the 1700's, and so did the majority of the Supreme Court in the 2000's.

I'll pray for your increased understanding of law.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Natural rights aren't dished out by government. The 2A doesn't "allow" anything and natural rights are completely unreliant on government institutions like a national guard.

Blackstone understood what the 2A meant in the 1700's, and so did the majority of the Supreme Court in the 2000's.

Got it.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Got it.

(You have a) Blind Spot (for the law)
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Got it.

(You have a) Blind Spot (for the law)
And they still pay me. What a country.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: (You have a) Blind Spot (for the law)

You should tell us more about how when the founders wrote "well regulated", they meant the people had a right to lots of gun regulations. :lol:

That's one of my IP all-time classic hits.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

I think its time for a Penn & Teller refresher on the 2A

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: (You have a) Blind Spot (for the law)

You should tell us more about how when the founders wrote "well regulated", they meant the people had a right to lots of gun regulations. :lol:

That's one of my IP all-time classic hits.
He has no understanding and is clueless.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function