Tough day for IP. Officers not charged in Alton Sterling

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
CFB Apologist

Tough day for IP. Officers not charged in Alton Sterling

Post by CFB Apologist »

Case. The Louisiana AGs office did not find sufficient evidence to bring murder charges against the Police.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Tough day for IP. Officers not charged in Alton Sterling

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Louisiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Louisiana.

Obama's DOJ also investigated and did not press charges. yeah Louisiana
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

actually the po po did not do anything wrong, but your bias is obvious

you idiots should have a "protest".. riot time, free tv's
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

your poster boy was on several different drugs and was armed, he had a handgun on him.... pick another idiot to be your poster boy
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

They didn't do anything criminal but government agents escalated the situation to violence and, as such, the result is another dead person at the hands of our government agents. Peace officers could have most likely avoided violence, modern day militarized police officers immediately escalate to violence.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

BG Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

They didn't do anything criminal but government agents escalated the situation to violence and, as such, the result is another dead person at the hands of our government agents. Peace officers could have most likely avoided violence, modern day militarized police officers immediately escalate to violence.
I'm sure they would be enlightened by your monday morning QB plan of what to do with a man resisting arrest reaching for a loaded gun in his front pocket. You should send them a powerpoint.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

How exactly are you handling a guy that refuses all commands and is actively resisting and has a hand gun on his person? Wait until he shoots you? good plan

I can understand why the moron was not willing to listen to the po po commands, he was high as a kite and whacked out on several DIFFERENT drugs...not a good life plan

FYI, as long as the guys hands are not in cuffs, he is an immediate threat as HE HAS AN EFFING HANDGUN!!!!! What part of that are you missing?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

I'm sure they would be enlightened by your monday morning QB plan of what to do with a man resisting arrest reaching for a loaded gun in his front pocket. You should send them a powerpoint.
PowerPoint was well played.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:Case. The Louisiana AGs office did not find sufficient evidence to bring murder charges against the Police.
Good news. One less pig on the payroll.

Baton Rouge Officer Is Fired in Alton Sterling Case; Another Is Suspended https://nyti.ms/2uyHJCm

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

Got it.

BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

“These actions were not minor deviations from policy,” Chief Murphy Paul of the Baton Rouge Police Department said. “And they contributed to the outcome that resulted in the death of another human being.”
The Baton Rouge Police Chief seems to agree with my take above that you guys attempted to demean. The officer escalated to violence and good to see those are major deviations from policy.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
“These actions were not minor deviations from policy,” Chief Murphy Paul of the Baton Rouge Police Department said. “And they contributed to the outcome that resulted in the death of another human being.”
The Baton Rouge Police Chief seems to agree with my take above that you guys attempted to demean. The officer escalated to violence and good to see those are major deviations from policy.
You were right. They were wrong.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:Case. The Louisiana AGs office did not find sufficient evidence to bring murder charges against the Police.

Baton Rouge Officer Is Fired in Alton Sterling Case; Another Is Suspended https://nyti.ms/2uyHJCm

Of course they were, the chief has to try and keep the idiots from burning down the town. Sterling was resisting completely, and had been tazed already with zero affect so at that point you have a guy totally on several drugs (per the autopsy) and he has a handgun in his pocket......

I guess we need to have a class again about how not to get killed by cops, step 1, listen to commands, step 2 , don't fight, strike, run, flee or try and kill said cops.....result, maybe an arrest or a ticket and you go on with your life
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Of course they were, the chief has to try and keep the idiots from burning down the town. Sterling was resisting completely, and had been tazed already with zero affect so at that point you have a guy totally on several drugs (per the autopsy) and he has a handgun in his pocket......

I guess we need to have a class again about how not to get killed by cops, step 1, listen to commands, step 2 , don't fight, strike, run, flee or try and kill said cops.....result, maybe an arrest or a ticket and you go on with your life
This is isn't about Sterling's actions. It's about the police officer's reactions in response thereto. This fundamental difference continuously escapes you. I can only assume it's intentional.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

This is isn't about Sterling's actions. It's about the police officer's reactions in response thereto. This fundamental difference continuously escapes you. I can only assume it's intentional.
Sterlings action, both his refusal to listen to commands and the large amount of drugs in his system caused the reaction from the cops.... again, he was tazed and it had ZERO affect, once on the ground he told the cops he had a gun and refused to let them cuff him, in other words he was a threat, a very real one. Thus the cops not getting indicted for anything, could they have violated the localities rules, sure. Could they be dead if they had handled it in a different manner, very sure.

AGAIN, resisting cops esp. aggressively is really stupid and can affect your health....I guess it is intentional that you refuse to understand that.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Sterlings action, both his refusal to listen to commands and the large amount of drugs in his system caused the reaction from the cops.... again, he was tazed and it had ZERO affect, once on the ground he told the cops he had a gun and refused to let them cuff him, in other words he was a threat, a very real one. Thus the cops not getting indicted for anything, could they have violated the localities rules, sure. Could they be dead if they had handled it in a different manner, very sure.

AGAIN, resisting cops esp. aggressively is really stupid and can affect your health....I guess it is intentional that you refuse to understand that.
One less pig on the payroll.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

One less pig on the payroll.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

ip_law-hokie wrote:This is isn't about Sterling's actions. It's about the police officer's reactions in response thereto. This fundamental difference continuously escapes you. I can only assume it's intentional.
How should the police officers have handled the situation while investigating a claim that Sterling had brandished a firearm towards another person?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Hokie5150 wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:This is isn't about Sterling's actions. It's about the police officer's reactions in response thereto. This fundamental difference continuously escapes you. I can only assume it's intentional.
How should the police officers have handled the situation while investigating a claim that Sterling had brandished a firearm towards another person?
I'd go about in a way that didn't get me fired.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
I am totally shocked that you cannot have a conversation, its a simple question, the guy you have been told has threatened others with a firearm is resisting arrest and the tazer is doing nothing to him and when he is tackled in an attempt to cuff him he tells the cops that he has a firearm in his pocket......try and be an adult and actually have a conversation... what would you do?
miles

Post by miles »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
I am totally shocked that you cannot have a conversation, its a simple question, the guy you have been told has threatened others with a firearm is resisting arrest and the tazer is doing nothing to him and when he is tackled in an attempt to cuff him he tells the cops that he has a firearm in his pocket......try and be an adult and actually have a conversation... what would you do?
He'd shite his pants.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
We'll see. I fully expect to see a wrongful terminal suit in the very near future.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Hokie5150 wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
We'll see. I fully expect to see a wrongful terminal suit in the very near future.
I certainly agree that we will see a wrongful termination suit from the police officer and the police officer's union. Plaintiff's lawyers love cops, and vice versa.