Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Want to freak yourself out?

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

1984 is here and big brother is real.
https://twitter.com/iamdylancurran/stat ... ur-mind%2F

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Want to freak yourself out?

Post by awesome guy »

That info also goes to the government
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:1984 is here and big brother is real.
the morons that put all their info in one of the biggest data mining operations of all time are now bitching about being dumb enough to put all their info in one of the biggest data mining operations of all time.... I think it is hilarious
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
the morons that put all their info in one of the biggest data mining operations of all time are now bitching about being dumb enough to put all their info in one of the biggest data mining operations of all time.... I think it is hilarious
Or informing people the extent to which companies are tracking them. This is great stuff, why ridicule someone providing more information to people. People aren't dumb because they don't know what Google/Facebook, etc. are up to. Just to hold up a mirror, you thought GDP growth under Obama was below 1% and it's pretty easy to find that information.
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Or informing people the extent to which companies are tracking them. This is great stuff, why ridicule someone providing more information to people. People aren't dumb because they don't know what Google/Facebook, etc. are up to. Just to hold up a mirror, you thought GDP growth under Obama was below 1% and it's pretty easy to find that information.
love your condescension, par for the course. If anyone thought that putting their life on facebook and that data would not be used is a moron.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Most of that facebook "data" is fake news.

For example, my phone knows when I wake up at 5AM on Saturday that I'm playing golf, giving me a prompt to directions to the course I'm playing that very morning. But I disagreed with CFBApologist about a golf point, and therefore don't play golf. See - Fake News.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
love your condescension, par for the course. If anyone thought that putting their life on facebook and that data would not be used is a moron.
It's ok for you to be condescending to millions of people that use the internet and don't realize what information companies have about them (which companies do their best to hide). Yet, you call me out for being condescending towards one person not knowing a widely published number. Again, seems you should look in a mirror.
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
It's ok for you to be condescending to millions of people that use the internet and don't realize what information companies have about them (which companies do their best to hide). Yet, you call me out for being condescending towards one person not knowing a widely published number. Again, seems you should look in a mirror.
continue being an ass hat, good job
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote: Or informing people the extent to which companies are tracking them. This is great stuff, why ridicule someone providing more information to people. People aren't dumb because they don't know what Google/Facebook, etc. are up to. Just to hold up a mirror, you thought GDP growth under Obama was below 1% and it's pretty easy to find that information.
Someone has never read the wall of text before clicking the "OK" button.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
He's a pecker for sure.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Sorry :?: I only pointed out that you were being condescending to millions of people for not knowing something that companies are trying to keep a secret, and there are plenty of things you don't know and have an opinion about that is readily available.

Again, I didn't say you were dumb for it, just held a mirror up.

Also, there is a difference b/w knowing that data would be used (I think everyone does) and not realizing how much data they are able to obtain and keep. You should look at the 30 or so tweets, it is very interesting.
People who know, know.