Russian Bots!!!!

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Russian Bots!!!!

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

The latest (lazy) and paranoid explanation for everything that happens in the world that libs don't like and don't want to accept. The left always needs a bogeyman or bogeymen to keep them animated. Right now, the #1 bogeymen are Russian Bots, the NRA, and of course Trump.

I remember back in the day when the bogeymen were Cheney, Haliburton, and "Big Oil."

=========================================

Russian bots are tweeting their support of embattled Fox News host Laura Ingraham

Russian-linked Twitter accounts have rallied around the conservative talk-show host, who has come under fire for attacking the young survivors of the Parkland school shooting. According to the website Hamilton 68, which tracks the spread of Russian propaganda on Twitter, the hashtag #IstandwithLaura jumped 2,800 percent in 48 hours this weekend. On Saturday night, it was the top trending hashtag among Russian campaigners.

The website botcheck.me, which tracks 1,500 "political propaganda bots," found that @ingrahamangle, @davidhogg111 and @foxnews were among the top six Twitter handles tweeted by Russia-linked accounts this weekend. "David Hogg" and "Laura Ingraham" were the top two-word phrases being shared.

Wading into controversy is a key strategy for Russian propaganda bots, which seize on divisive issues online to sow discord in the United States. Since the Feb. 14 Parkland shooting, which claimed 17 lives, Russian bots have flooded Twitter with false information about the massacre.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Russian Bots!!!!

Post by awesome guy »

Sounds like they're the Camera Hogg supporters. I like it that the left is letting their crazy shine!
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Re: Russian Bots!!!!

Post by HokieJoe »

Hogg is a Russian bot?
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson