USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Trump not a criminal target......

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:What a waste and a joke. I hope this really bites the Dems in the ass.

Russia! [emoji38] [emoji38]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... f331db0c77
Wait..why is he preparing a "report?" That is NOT the job of a Special Council. This is not like the 9/11 commission and prosecutors are not supposed to be writing a report - especially not for public or congressional consumption.

This sounds more & more like a partisan witch hunt where if they can't come up with real proof of any wrong doing, then they (i.e. the Democrats + Mueller) will issue some phony "report" which is full of innuendo and designed to give Democrats something to hang their hats on if/when they start impeachment hearings should they win the HoR this year.
It's a witch hunt that has led to witches being found. I guess it sucks if you are fond of witches.
You don't actually believe that in any rational context, do you?
Bankrupting and ruining Flynn over something the investigating agents said wasn't a lie was some grade A witch hunting. It's sad how DC thinks this is justice. Scary actually.
The witch hunt has led to whiches being found.

I wonder what crimes DC (or anyone) would be indicted of if 17 lawyers had a microscope up his rear for over a year. I'm honestly shocked there hasn't been more indictments political posturing to support a soft coup / impeachment overthrowing the duly elected president.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:What a waste and a joke. I hope this really bites the Dems in the ass.

Russia! :lol: :lol:

Wait..why is he preparing a "report?" That is NOT the job of a Special Council. This is not like the 9/11 commission and prosecutors are not supposed to be writing a report - especially not for public or congressional consumption.

This sounds more & more like a partisan witch hunt where if they can't come up with real proof of any wrong doing, then they (i.e. the Democrats + Mueller) will issue some phony "report" which is full of innuendo and designed to give Democrats something to hang their hats on if/when they start impeachment hearings should they win the HoR this year.
It's a witch hunt that has led to witches being found. I guess it sucks if you are fond of witches.
Manafort and Gates are scum. Should their crimes have been investigated by a different group? Yep.
That doesn't make them any less guilty.
As for Flynn, no one made him lie to the FBI. I do feel bad for him but he could have avoided it by simply telling the truth from the start.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Russia! [emoji38] [emoji38]

Bankrupting and ruining Flynn over something the investigating agents said wasn't a lie was some grade A witch hunting. It's sad how DC thinks this is justice. Scary actually.

I wonder what crimes DC (or anyone) would be indicted of if 17 lawyers had a microscope up his rear for over a year. I'm honestly shocked there hasn't been more indictments political posturing to support a soft coup / impeachment overthrowing the duly elected president.
You don't need to wonder. I can tell you that the answer would be absolutely nothing.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote: Wait..why is he preparing a "report?" That is NOT the job of a Special Council. This is not like the 9/11 commission and prosecutors are not supposed to be writing a report - especially not for public or congressional consumption.

You don't need to wonder. I can tell you that the answer would be absolutely nothing.
LOL. Nope. And these are charges, like Mueller levied against Enron only to have them dismissed and overturned as they're a misappropriation of justice. I guess you haven't Googled the latest in Flynn's case to understand how he got railroaded by rogue agents and a judge that were texting each other about getting Trump. The agents are fired and the judge recused himself a day after discovery. But DC knows there a witch in Salem ...
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

WADR, that's either insincere, or naive. We all commit felonies just about every day. Living in Kalifornia, you probably commit more.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

WADR, that's either insincere, or naive. We all commit felonies just about every day. Living in Kalifornia, you probably commit more.
Yep, especially in his business dealings or being asked a detailed account of something from a year prior and slapping ya with perjury charges if you're off in recollection. Or like Flynn and have a dishonest FBI boss file charges, contrary to the opinion of the investigator.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Manafort and Gates are scum. Should their crimes have been investigated by a different group? Yep.
As for Flynn, no one made him lie to the FBI. I do feel bad for him but he could have avoided it by simply telling the truth from the start.
You know Manafort, wow, interesting. You may want to get some info on the latest on the Flynn case, it is sooooo dirty, but he was bankrupted by the feds.....ya better hope they do not come after you
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

What felonies am I committing on a regular basis. Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Being a NYeck without a license. I'm sure you billing while spending all day on message boards is a form of fraud too, if someone looked hard at it.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

You know Manafort, wow, interesting. You may want to get some info on the latest on the Flynn case, it is sooooo dirty, but he was bankrupted by the feds.....ya better hope they do not come after you
Maybe you think it's necessary, but I don't think you need to know someone personally to have an idea about their character. If you're going to apply that standard, UWS traffic is going to decrease dramatically.

As for Flynn, I said I think it's a shame what's happened to him, but no one made him lie, and the lies weren't things he just misremembered. They were related to important recent conversations he had with Russian officials.

As for the feds, I have dealt with them twice on business related investigations. They're tough, they ask a lot of questions, and demand a ton of info. But, we had strong processes and control, we kept the proper documentation, we followed the rules and regs, we kept the right electronic records and communications, and we didn't lie to them. It was painful and took a lot of time, but in the end, we were cleared, just like we knew we would be. So no, I'm not worried about them. That's what criminals do.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... f331db0c77[/quote]

This sounds more & more like a partisan witch hunt where if they can't come up with real proof of any wrong doing, then they (i.e. the Democrats + Mueller) will issue some phony "report" which is full of innuendo and designed to give Democrats something to hang their hats on if/when they start impeachment hearings should they win the HoR this year.[/quote]

It's a witch hunt that has led to witches being found. I guess it sucks if you are fond of witches.[/quote]

You don't actually believe that in any rational context, do you?[/quote]

As for Flynn, no one made him lie to the FBI. I do feel bad for him but he could have avoided it by simply telling the truth from the start.[/quote]

You know Manafort, wow, interesting. You may want to get some info on the latest on the Flynn case, it is sooooo dirty, but he was bankrupted by the feds.....ya better hope they do not come after you[/quote]

Maybe you think it's necessary, but I don't think you need to know someone personally to have an idea about their character. If you're going to apply that standard, UWS traffic is going to decrease dramatically.

As for Flynn, I said I think it's a shame what's happened to him, but no one made him lie, and the lies weren't things he just misremembered. They were related to important recent conversations he had with Russian officials.

As for the feds, I have dealt with them twice on business related investigations. They're tough, they ask a lot of questions, and demand a ton of info. But, we had strong processes and control, we kept the proper documentation, we followed the rules and regs, we kept the right electronic records and communications, and we didn't lie to them. It was painful and took a lot of time, but in the end, we were cleared, just like we knew we would be. So no, I'm not worried about them. That's what criminals do.[/quote]

You do realize the fbi rank and file that were involved in the Flynn deal have said publicly several times that he did not mis-represent or lie to thier knowledge. Manafort has business dealings in Russia which the experts I have read said the only thing he may be guilty of is not disclosing some stuff on some forms..... the rest of the charges are bogus.

But again, you have a prior admin that was spying on US citizens illegally, used the DOJ and FBI in illegal manners and a special prosecutor that has wasted a crap ton of taxpayer dollars based on a fake dossier that was paid for by thunder thighs to the russians thru Fusion GPS.....but yea, great so far

The crap that Obummer and his admin and thunder thighs pulled is coming out, wait for the IG report to start the landslide.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

This sounds more & more like a partisan witch hunt where if they can't come up with real proof of any wrong doing, then they (i.e. the Democrats + Mueller) will issue some phony "report" which is full of innuendo and designed to give Democrats something to hang their hats on if/when they start impeachment hearings should they win the HoR this year.[/quote]

It's a witch hunt that has led to witches being found. I guess it sucks if you are fond of witches.[/quote]

You don't actually believe that in any rational context, do you?[/quote]

As for Flynn, no one made him lie to the FBI. I do feel bad for him but he could have avoided it by simply telling the truth from the start.[/quote]

You know Manafort, wow, interesting. You may want to get some info on the latest on the Flynn case, it is sooooo dirty, but he was bankrupted by the feds.....ya better hope they do not come after you[/quote]

As for the feds, I have dealt with them twice on business related investigations. They're tough, they ask a lot of questions, and demand a ton of info. But, we had strong processes and control, we kept the proper documentation, we followed the rules and regs, we kept the right electronic records and communications, and we didn't lie to them. It was painful and took a lot of time, but in the end, we were cleared, just like we knew we would be. So no, I'm not worried about them. That's what criminals do.[/quote]

You do realize the fbi rank and file that were involved in the Flynn deal have said publicly several times that he did not mis-represent or lie to thier knowledge. Manafort has business dealings in Russia which the experts I have read said the only thing he may be guilty of is not disclosing some stuff on some forms..... the rest of the charges are bogus.

But again, you have a prior admin that was spying on US citizens illegally, used the DOJ and FBI in illegal manners and a special prosecutor that has wasted a crap ton of taxpayer dollars based on a fake dossier that was paid for by thunder thighs to the russians thru Fusion GPS.....but yea, great so far

The crap that Obummer and his admin and thunder thighs pulled is coming out, wait for the IG report to start the landslide.[/quote]

Apparently Flynn, who pleaded guilty, doesn't agree with those guys.

As for Manafort, that's silly. Falsifying tax returns is not failing to disclose some stuff. Neither is money laundering or bank fraud. Failing to disclose is a sign that someone is doing something illegal.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote: Wait..why is he preparing a "report?" That is NOT the job of a Special Council. This is not like the 9/11 commission and prosecutors are not supposed to be writing a report - especially not for public or congressional consumption.

As for the feds, I have dealt with them twice on business related investigations. They're tough, they ask a lot of questions, and demand a ton of info. But, we had strong processes and control, we kept the proper documentation, we followed the rules and regs, we kept the right electronic records and communications, and we didn't lie to them. It was painful and took a lot of time, but in the end, we were cleared, just like we knew we would be. So no, I'm not worried about them. That's what criminals do.
I really don't believe that. You'd have to be a fool to not worry about a federal investigation.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

I really don't believe that. You'd have to be a fool to not worry about a federal investigation.
Are you worried that you're going to be under a fed investigation? I think you'd have to be paranoid to be worried about that. Or guilty of something.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

You should hunker down and hope for the best. You're doomed.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: You don't actually believe that in any rational context, do you?

Are you worried that you're going to be under a fed investigation? I think you'd have to be paranoid to be worried about that. Or guilty of something.
No, but if I were under investigation, I'd be worried about all the BS they'd try to stir up. I don't want to question your comprehension here, but above we were discussing an investigation underway and now you're pivoting to paranoia about said investigation coming out of the blue. That's a different context.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
Is this the internet tough guy version of "if you don't have anything to worry about, you won't mind if a search your car"?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: As for the feds, I have dealt with them twice on business related investigations. They're tough, they ask a lot of questions, and demand a ton of info. But, we had strong processes and control, we kept the proper documentation, we followed the rules and regs, we kept the right electronic records and communications, and we didn't lie to them. It was painful and took a lot of time, but in the end, we were cleared, just like we knew we would be. So no, I'm not worried about them. That's what criminals do.
Bet you wouldn't have had the balls to tell them you disagree with them politically before they started an investigation...
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Is this the internet tough guy version of "if you don't have anything to worry about, you won't mind if a search your car"?
It's a pivot away from the issue of no witches being found in his witch hunt.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
It's not a pivot, I'm not the one that brought up me being worried about feds. I'm not worried about being investigated, and I'm not worried about the feds making things up.

Flynn pled guilty. You saying that he was set up is silly. Same goes with Manafort and Gates. Gates will plead guilty before the weekend gets here. And Manafort has a host of charges, and his defense is that Mueller doesn't have jurisdiction, not that he is innocent.

Stop acting like these are choir boys.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: As for the feds, I have dealt with them twice on business related investigations. They're tough, they ask a lot of questions, and demand a ton of info. But, we had strong processes and control, we kept the proper documentation, we followed the rules and regs, we kept the right electronic records and communications, and we didn't lie to them. It was painful and took a lot of time, but in the end, we were cleared, just like we knew we would be. So no, I'm not worried about them. That's what criminals do.
Bet you wouldn't have had the balls to tell them you disagree with them politically before they started an investigation...
I'm not sure what you think that means. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have a political discussion.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
It's not a pivot, I'm not the one that brought up me being worried about feds. I'm not worried about being investigated, and I'm not worried about the feds making things up.

Flynn pled guilty. You saying that he was set up is silly. Same goes with Manafort and Gates. Gates will plead guilty before the weekend gets here. And Manafort has a host of charges, and his defense is that Mueller doesn't have jurisdiction, not that he is innocent.

Stop acting like these are choir boys.
Have you Googled Flynn yet? Clearly not. The rest are BS charges too. And yes, being put under a microscope is an invitation to BS charges. You are pivoting off this point.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

His best argument is probably failure to file 1099s, which I would think a large portion of us on here may have failed to do on at least one occasion.

I don't see that it is a felony.

https://www.irs.gov/government-entities ... enalties-2
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

His best argument is probably failure to file 1099s, which I would think a large portion of us on here may have failed to do on at least one occasion.

https://www.irs.gov/compliance/criminal ... eral-fraud
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

https://www.irs.gov/compliance/criminal ... eral-fraud
I like this one from the same section of the code:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/7208

Stamp peels off the happy birthday card grandma sent you last year? Congratulations, you've committed a felony.