ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Looks like I'm not the only one concerned

Post by ElbertoHokie »

cwtcr hokie

Re: Looks like I'm not the only one concerned

Post by cwtcr hokie »

You may want to read up on this issue, it was coming no matter who is prez. The reason is that china is engaging in totally unfair trade and continuing to steal as much trade secrets as they can. The market in the US is wide open to them but for our companies to operate in China is very very difficult and not open at all. I know you just want to blame the US but China has failed repeatedly to open their markets as they have promised and continue to use state help to make their products so ours are not competitive. So this showdown was going to happen sooner or later, yes Trump has the balls to make it happen now

Also what you fail to comprehend is China needs us badly as there economy is destroyed without us, so yes it is a pissing match now but it needed to happen also (see above)
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

China is not our buddy. They need to meet their trade obligations or suffer the consequences.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

I saw that this morning. Similar stuff posted during the Obama years and the answer is the same, not going to happen.There was a period where China was selling and the markets didn't budge. Logistically it would be difficult. Significant sales would hurt China's holdings (which they have a lot of) and they'd have to do something with the money. It would limit there ability to respond to the next crisis. It's really a non-starter.
People who know, know.