Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
I85hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Independent

Hamilton

Post by I85hokie »

All five dates playing in my town sold out within an hour. Sorry, but I just don’t get the obsession with this play. In fact, I find it troubling how popular it is. Based on what I can tell, it’s a (very) liberal retelling of the story of arguably the most authoritarian of our founding fathers. No wonder the leftists like it.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Re: Hamilton

Post by HooFighter »

My advice to you is to not go see it then.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

I85hokie wrote:All five dates playing in my town sold out within an hour. Sorry, but I just don’t get the obsession with this play. In fact, I find it troubling how popular it is. Based on what I can tell, it’s a (very) liberal retelling of the story of arguably the most authoritarian of our founding fathers. No wonder the leftists like it.
NYC creates culture. The rest of the country consumes it. Nothing to be bothered about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

It sounds, idiotic. Gershwin must be crapping his old bones at what passes for a musical.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
I85hokie wrote:All five dates playing in my town sold out within an hour. Sorry, but I just don’t get the obsession with this play. In fact, I find it troubling how popular it is. Based on what I can tell, it’s a (very) liberal retelling of the story of arguably the most authoritarian of our founding fathers. No wonder the leftists like it.
NYC creates culture. The rest of the country consumes it. Nothing to be bothered about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, just sheep
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

It's a musical extolling the value of revisionist history and cultural appropriation...what's not to love?