LA Painting Streets White to Combat Climate Change.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: LA Painting Streets White to Combat Climate Change.

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote:I was just northbound rte 288 in RVA. It felt so nice, I cracked the windows to enjoy the cool air. I noticed the highway was white concrete pavement. Niiiice.

Crossed the river and it became black asphalt. Damn. I put the windows up, turned on the A/C. There was a crying indian on the right shoulder, bemoaning Henrico's devastated polar bear population.

Sad.
:cry:
You win the thread.....hahahahaha
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:$40k per mile is about $0.30 per square foot. Not unreasonable for an in place cost.
A 10sec Google search says the cost for a normal topcoat is $12k/mile. That's a significant increase....assuming it needs done at all.
That's per lane mile i expect
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:$40k per mile is about $0.30 per square foot. Not unreasonable for an in place cost.
A 10sec Google search says the cost for a normal topcoat is $12k/mile. That's a significant increase....assuming it needs done at all.
That's per lane mile i expect
Doesn't specify, but it doesn't appear so. $12k/mi chip coat, $14k/mi to seal coat in this example. Looks like it's as simple as cost divided by miles.

http://triblive.com/news/westmoreland/1 ... ting-roads