I can't stand "diversity". When did that become a virtue?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
vtrider
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Meh

I can't stand "diversity". When did that become a virtue?

Post by vtrider »

They need to stop trying to make "fetch" happen.

Seriously though, shouldn't we value Unity instead of diversity? We are all americans living by the same rules and with the privalege of being American. There is American privalege and no other form of privalege in this country.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: I can't stand "diversity". When did that become a virtu

Post by awesome guy »

It's the new affirmative action after that was outed as straight up racism.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

You can worry about privilege after you can spell it correctly.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
vtrider

Post by vtrider »

HooFighter wrote:You can worry about privilege after you can spell it correctly.
Sorry, I'm Lisdexic
vtrider

Post by vtrider »

vtrider wrote:
HooFighter wrote:You can worry about privilege after you can spell it correctly.
Sorry, I'm Lisdexic
pparantyl he haets poelpe wiht dissibbbliliteeez
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

Diversity is a political agenda tactic. It does not mean diversity of thought. Similarly, Political Correctness means that if you disagree, you cannot speak.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

"Diversity" today is only used in an anti-western/anti-male context. In fact, if you replace "diversity" with "less white" in almost every usage, it still works.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

spelling police alert!!!! great contribution

any comment on the actual basis of the post?
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

vtrider wrote:They need to stop trying to make "fetch" happen.

Seriously though, shouldn't we value Unity instead of diversity? We are all americans living by the same rules and with the privalege of being American. There is American privalege and no other form of privalege in this country.
Unity and diversity are in most cases not mutually exclusive. In those cases where they compete, I prefer diversity of background because it offers more perspectives on a given issue, as well as more competition in the marketplace solutions.
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VisorBoy wrote:

Unity and diversity are in most cases not mutually exclusive. In those cases where they compete, I prefer diversity of background because it offers more perspectives on a given issue, as well as more competition in the marketplace solutions.
Wut? Diversity is the opposite of unity.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. Diversity always works against unity. Visor seems to be making the tired false argument that lack of multiculturalism = isolationism. That's not true at all.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. Diversity always works against unity. Visor seems to be making the tired false argument that lack of multiculturalism = isolationism. That's not true at all.
I think he's saying we're united in being divided! LOL

As usual though, he's just camoflauging racism with bullshit worldlyness. Diversity is affirmative action, nothing more or less.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

Leaving aside the issue of why you think people living only amongst their own race is a good thing, how do you propose we go about making this happen in this day and age?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

Leaving aside the issue of why you think people living only amongst their own race is a good thing, how do you propose we go about making this happen in this day and age?

What happen? Racial quotas? Why do you think your dimwitted world view is not only correct, but should also be forced apon everyone else?

FYI, under unity, everyone folds into the same culture and expectations with performance measured by competence unlike the racial zoo you're proposing where demographics is the measure of performance.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

What happen? Racial quotas? Why do you think your dimwitted world view is not only correct, but should also be forced apon everyone else?

FYI, under unity, everyone folds into the same culture and expectations with performance measured by competence unlike the racial zoo you're proposing where demographics is the measure of performance.
Racial quotas? What?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote: Unity and diversity are in most cases not mutually exclusive. In those cases where they compete, I prefer diversity of background because it offers more perspectives on a given issue, as well as more competition in the marketplace solutions.

Racial quotas? What?

That's how diversity is measured. It's just another racist liberal policy.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Wut? Diversity is the opposite of unity.

Racial quotas? What?

How do we become less diverse?

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. Diversity always works against unity. Visor seems to be making the tired false argument that lack of multiculturalism = isolationism. That's not true at all.

Racial quotas? What?

How do we become less diverse?

What?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

I take from this thread that diversity is a bad thing. So. How do we become less diverse?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:I take from this thread that diversity is a bad thing. So. How do we become less diverse?
OK. Your pivot is tacit admission of making a silly point.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:I take from this thread that diversity is a bad thing. So. How do we become less diverse?
If you guys don't have a solution, you seemed destined to stay pissed. That's no way to go through life. Always pissed.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
If you guys don't have a solution, you seemed destined to stay pissed. That's no way to go through life. Always pissed.
You're the one pissed and arrogant enough to think you're to write the rules for everyone else.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
You're the one pissed and arrogant enough to think you're to write the rules for everyone else.
Got it.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Got it.
Not really. Stay stupid my friend.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Got it.
Not really. Stay stupid my friend.
OK. Stay pissed.